Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: March 23- March 29

NEW Pages!!!!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning everyone!

I haven't got a thing to say yet, but chat away everybody!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its official I lost 1 lb at my W-I this morning. Now I have to see if I can get out of the 160's.Seven[7]pounds to lose,but it not going to be easy,have to continue eating off the tiny plates along with my zig zaging my calories day to day,it might be doable.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting is up this last full week of March.

COCO-The only problem I had on the board yesterday was that I had to wait 16 seconds before posting,other wise I would have duplicate post.

See you gals later,
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #4  
Donna

Good Monday Morning All,

Sorry I popped in and then out again, but I got sick Wed morning then had the Chemo clinic in the afternoon and was still feeling on Thurs. Then felt guilty about what I ate so didn't want to post Fri or the weekend

Anyway I didn't get in my walk on Wed or Thurs but I did get in 5 again so that's a vast improvement over the last couple of months. I agree with those who said they like to walk outside, me too. But I don't have a treadmill at home so to not walk outside I have to go to the gym or mall or somewhere else, and it makes it take that much more time.

I hurt my shoulder a few months ago and it wasn't getting better, so I finally went to the dr on Fri, he gave me a script for PT, and said to come back in a month, if I'm not better, then we'll talk about other options, I sure hope I'm better by then. On thing I have to do is lower the keyboard so that my arms aren't raised when I type, we'll have to see.....

Sorry about the novel - time to go get dressed sort clothes and start laundry, and do that evil housework (I agree with Rhonda and Sandra). Then when it warms up a little I'll take the dog out for a walk (30 mins.....)

Coco, Maryann and Paula - congrats on the losses

Rhonda and Tracie - hope things slow down a little for you.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #5  

Hi there
Well not going on here. Got jeans in the dryer. Towels in the washer.
Then going to get ready to go to town. Have some errands to run. Then go to WW. Not sure how the scales will be today.
Keeping my fingers crossed for staying the same.

ONTARGET I have also had some trouble on facebook. Says something about line 23 or 82. Dont know what that is all about.

TECHALUM Sure hope your shoulder gets better. Hope everything is going ok.

BEACHBUM CONGRATS on the loss. That is awesome.

TEJAS I do the word search books.

Well I am going to get off here. Got a couple more things to get done before we leave.
Have a great day everyone
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. How is Doyle doing with his dieting? Curtis is doing "so so." I remember a year or so ago Doyle lost a lot of weight by just cutting out starches.

Donna, I'm glad you posted today. I was wondering how you were doing.

Maryann, keep on zigging and zagging. You're doing great.

Coco, I don't understand what's up with Facebook. Do you?

Last edited by ontarget; 03-23-2009 at 04:12 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I lost what I gained last week but not an ounce more. So for the last 2 weeks, I have lost NOTHING despite exercising for 5 days each week. Even though the exercise is quite mild, it's better than nothing. I'm quite CRABBY and I told the JC Counselor that I want to quit. This was after a week of dropping the extra starch and being back at 1700 calories and hungry. Now she tells me not to eat the JC breakfasts because they have too much sugar. She tells me to eat just shredded wheat and oatmeal. Of course she could get in big trouble for this. I was SHOCKED because I assumed that JC used artificial sweeteners but apparently not. She added a dairy instead of the starch. So now next week is about 1800 calories with less sugar.

She talked about cutting out the desserts/snacks too but we didn't want to change too much at once. Sheesh. I can't even tell you how sad and frustrated I am. I worked so hard. I'll be back another day.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Vickie. I want to tell you something Curtis says. "If it were easy, everybody would do it." I'm sorry you're not getting the results you need. Just hang in there. I hope this week's change will help and you'll be on your way again.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I KNOW the feeling Vickie...and Curtis is right. Just stay the course...we're with you.

I'm sure I've gained over the last week, just not getting on the scale!

Rhonda
Old 03-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Not too much to do today - get dd on the bus, go grocery shopping and then pick up my car from the shop. Thankfully we have the extra truck to use this morning. I was very over due for an oil change. I'm starting to figure out my Easter menu - having my MIL/SIL and my mom over. There will be 10 of us.

I'm going to get in a good hour walk today -- its going to be cool but sunny.

Vickie - don't give up! Your doing well.Don't just look at the past 2 weeks but at the 15 pds you've lost already. I think its great that the counselor is looking for non JC ways to help you.

Maryann - congrats on the loss!! Keep those small plates going.

Rhonda - is it less than 100 days yet?

Sandra and Coco - HI

Nancy - hope its going well today

Tracy -- keep posting! Its nice to see you back.

Well, got to run. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Jim has lost 32 pounds on Nutrisystem in 10 weeks. He's exercising for 49 minutes each day on the treadmill at 3.6 mph or something like that. I think he said it's 3 miles. I'm SO proud of him. He said he's sticking with Nutrisystem until his food is gone. He gets two more deliveries so I think his food lasts until the beginning of June. I'm actually worried that he's losing too fast but I don't want to rain on his parade.

Thanks for the support. I won't give up on losing weight but I am disappointed in Jenny Craig. I checked out Seattle Sutton and that is high sugar as well. Nutrisystem seems to be the only one that advertises low glycemic index.

Well, I'm off to the treadmill since I have company coming at 11:30. I have to tidy up a bit too.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #12  

Morning Everyone
Well not much going on here.
Washing son's work clothes.
And I am wanting to eat everything in sight. So thought I would on here. And bug you ladies. That way I am far away from the kitchen.
I am upset. I gained 1/2 a pound this week. I dont think it would bother me much. But I was afraid after last weeks loss. I would have a big gain. So I was really careful this week. And drank water. And gained.

VICKIE I know how you are feeling. But please dont give up. I am in this with you all the way. It is so frustrating. When you are doing everything that you are suppose to be doing. And gain. Maybe with the exercise you are losing inches. I am starting to exercise. Rode my stationary bike 20 minutes yesterday. But boy is my knees hurting today. So far I have only done 10 minutes today. So keep you chin up. Together we will win this battle we are in.

ONTARGET I dont know what is going on with facebook. Seems like after they made their change on the home page. Things havent been going right. Maybe that is just me.

TEJAS how are you doing.

BLESSWITHSARAH Hope you have a good day. Good job on working on your Easter menu. That is what I should be doing. Planning. I know we will have breakfast at church on Easter Sunday. We have sunrise service. And then breakfast. I do have a turkey breast in the freezer. Maybe I will just fix that.

BEACHBUM How are you doing. Are you getting warmer weather yet. It is suppose to be in the 50's here today. Then some rain tomorrow. But we sure need the rain. The creeks are getting really low. They look like they would in August already. Hope you have a great day.

"HI" to everyone else. Am thinking of you.
Well I better get off here.
Check on the washer I guess. But have to go through the kitchen to do that.
Maybe put the clothes basket in my hand. And tell myself I cant sit it down. See what happens.
Have a great day everyone
coco
Old 03-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #13  
Donna

Good Morning All,

Well got some stuff done around the house yesterday. And then even if I didn't want to I took the dog for a walk before dinner. We've been going so often he's starting to expect it Then had knitting group last night, and again resisted the temptation, but I'm not sure there's much that smells better than fresh baking bread

Not much planned for today, I think I'm going to lock myself up in my quilting room this morning, DH is doing phone support from home today so I can't make noise downstairs, so the housework will have to wait (sounds like a good excuse to me....). Then this afternoon I'm meeting the folks at the park to walk and I think I'm going to try to join the water exercise class at the gym. I've been wanting to join since we joined a year ago but haven't

Vicki - Hang in there. You just have to push thru this place. But I do have a question Jim lost 32 lbs in 10 weeks (3.2 /week avg) and you think that's too fast, but you've lost 15 in 5 weeks (5/week avg) and you're frustrated it's too slow???? Do I understand that right? Just a different perspective.

Coco - Good luck at WW.

Paula - 10 for Easter should be fun. I don't know what I'm doing, I usually host it here, but with DH no can do this year. Hope you had fun on your walk, sunny but chilly here too.

Rhonda -

Sandra - Bet your glad not to be in MT right now. Looks like they're getting bombed with a spring blizzard after 70s this weekend.

Well I should get moving. Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
Old 03-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #14  

TECHALUM see we were posting at the same time.
Maybe that is what I need to do. Lock myself in a room. Get out the cross stitch. Finish a couple I have started. And then I wont be in the kitchen.
Have a great day.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #15  
Donna

Coco - we posted at the same time. Sorry about the gain. But hang in there. As my WW leader said a few weeks ago, there is nothing as unpredictable as weight loss. You think you do really well one week and gain and then screw up the next and loose. Which is really the loss from the week before......Just step away from the food.....

-Tech