View Poll Results: Would You Consider Yourself More Of A "Morning Person" Or A "Night Owl"?
I'm A Morning Person 4 33.33%
I'm A Night Owl 7 58.33%
I'm Neither 0 0%
I'm Both 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 07:30 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#78)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 01-06-2003, 07:35 AM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #77 and read the last few posts there!!!
Old 01-06-2003, 09:20 AM   #3  
Losing it!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend, we had a busy one...I hoped things would slow down after Christmas....NOT!!!

Vickster: Prayers sent daily your way during this time. We care about you and want you to know that.

Deb & Sher: Let me know what you think about curves....it's a 30 minute workout?? Do they setup an exercise plan for you or do you just go in and do what you want???

Shelley: Is the car up and running yet? A hole in the motor...pretty serious, huh???

Ramona: I hope you had a wonderful day with Hubby. You should be proud of the fact that you have had a strong marriage for 24 years. In todays world it is becoming common place for people to not take their marriage as a life long commitment.

Doni: How long have you home schooled??? Great job on the weight loss!!!!

Jennelle: How's BFL working out?

Dee: How do you guys rack your wine??? Do you use an automatic syphon?

Okay...I know I probably forgot someone!!!!!

Have a great day girls!!!
Old 01-06-2003, 10:32 AM   #4  

Vicki, I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know that you are in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Ramona
Old 01-06-2003, 12:46 PM   #5  

Thanks,,,things are ruff right now but knowing having good friends here that i can come and get comfort from such caring women.
My Mom is doing ok, My Dad has gone to NewYork to take care of legal things there. Services are tomorrow nite.
My heart could not take me going up and seeing him in a coffin. We were so close, I know he understands and would tell me that.
Does that seem wrong?? We are having services here in Ky. where we all were born...

Heavy heart and weary soul
Thanks for being my Friend everyone

Vicki
Old 01-06-2003, 01:01 PM   #6  
Losing it!

Oh dear Vicki, I know you have such a heavy heart right now. It is my own personal belief that our loved ones really do not care if we see them physically after they pass. They live on in spirit and within our hearts. Your Brother knows that you love him dearly and this did not change just because he passed away. He will always be with you regardless...
Old 01-06-2003, 02:45 PM   #7  

Gayle we rack our wine by hand. What we do is use a syphone hose that is placed about 1-2 inches from bottom, away from the setiments. Syphone away and when it drains near bottom tilt carbouy slowly so as not to disturb the sludge. Thats all there is to it.
Anybody beside Gayle want to come to Puerta Vallarta? I made room. Gayles first in line.
Well I leave very early tomorrow am. Can't wait to hit the beach. While I am there I am going to an orphanage to help feed the children and to love them. There are 30 children there, 10 under the are of 2. I have packed a few goodies for them. Some toys and there are in need of soap and toothbrushes. I am really looking forward to helping out there. Here is the link if any of you would like to check it out....... www.refugioinfantil.com

Well I will miss you all. I will post from PV when I get the chance. Gayle and Sherry keep everyone in line.

DEE
Old 01-06-2003, 07:07 PM   #8  

Howdy

I got lots of work done today with the kids still being out.But with all the kids back in School tomorrow, I'll be right back in my busy routine.

Dee^^^^^^I hope you get to read this before you leave.I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!!!! I will miss you sooooo much!! Boo-Hoo I do hope that you'll get to post while you're gone.I almost cried when I read about the orphange.I wish I was rich so I could help them. Bless their hearts.Again....have a great time and I'll try hard to keep these FLOOZIES in line!!

Gayle^^^^^^I got to CURVES after work today at 3:40. They don't open until 4:00 so I came home & called to get info.I have an appointment at 4:00 tomorrow.I will get weighed and measured ( )and try out the machines.Then on Wednesday, I'll start my classes.I have a coupon for a week free but the lady said that I could exchange it in for 1/2 off my down payment.So instead of paying $88.00 down, I'll pay $44.00 down and also I'll be paying $29.00 a month which will be taken out of my checking.It's a year contract.It's also for 3 days a week. A 30 minute session. The girl I know that already goes and has lost so much weight said that it was the most fun she's ever had! I'll let you know how it goes. I'm excited!!!

Debbie^^^^^^Wasn't it hard to get up this morning!!!! I was dragging!!!! Well the kids will be back tomorrow.Are you ready?! LOL!! Hey....did you add up how many days 'til we leave for FLORIDA??!!! I can't wait! I hope these next few months fly by!!! Are you ready to work the game Sat.? GO TITANS!!

Vicki^^^^^^ I've been thinking of you all day.I hope that you're ok.I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.Take care sweetie and remember we're here for you!! Love you!

Doni^^^^^^ WEIGH To Go on the weight loss!! You go girl!! Also...I'm so glad that you got your leak fixed.How long have you been home schooling? How old are your kids?

Jennelle^^^^^^Are you staying OP? Are you still doing BFL? Would you tell me a little about it? Did you go back to School today? Did the kids?

Shelley^^^^^^Is your car fixed? I know what it's like to be without one!! I don't know how people did it YEARS ago without a car!!! Are you ready to go back to School? I know I wasn't but I guess all good things must come to an end..huh? How's the tummy?

Ramona^^^^^^How was your Anniversary? Did you go out or have a quiet evening at home? Have you heard anything from your insurance company yet about the wreck? Have you heard from your other Son yet?

Wanda^^^^^Carol^^^^^Debyj^^^^^^ I will continue to ask about ya'll until I get you back!!! Are you ok? Please post soon......I sure miss ya'll!!

OK...got to start dinner....everyone is STARVING!! LOL

Love & Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 01-06-2003, 08:40 PM   #9  

Sherry I did read your post. I will be going to bed soon as I have to get up at 4:00 am. Talk to you all soon.

DEE
Old 01-06-2003, 11:10 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls -

I'm doing pretty well on BFL. The hardest thing to do is put away the scale! Because muscle weighs more than fat but takes up only 2/3 of the space, the scale isn't an accurate way to measure. So, I'm not weighing at all. I measured myself at the beginning of my challenge and will measure myself again at the end.

The idea is that you eat more protein and less carbs, drink lots of water, and eat six small meals a day rather than three large ones. Truthfully, the six small meals thing is hard to do. I'm usually only hungry for about five. The best thing, though, is my free day. My free day is on Sunday, and I can eat anything I want. I thought I would go wild on Sunday, but I'm proud to say that I didn't. I did eat three slices of pizza, but normally if I had pizza I would have a whole one to myself.

The other key to BFL is working out. Basically, you work out your arms one day, do 20 minutes of cardio the next, work your legs the next, then go back to arms. On Sundays, you don't have to do anything. I'm finally giving my Bowflex a workout!

So, it's going well
Old 01-06-2003, 11:15 PM   #11  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Here's an interesting picture I found over on the BFL threads...It's a pound of muscle compared to a pound of fat. See how a pound of muscle takes up WAY less space than a pound of fat? I think it's the perfect graphic to explain why sometimes the scale doesn't move, but our clothes get too big.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:10 AM   #12  
Losing it!

Thank you Jennelle for the pic, it helps to visually see the difference. One of my favorite things for breakfast or snack is a small container of S/F F/F yogurt with some cottage cheese mixed in....sounds gross...looks gross...but not to bad...

Dee: HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME ON YOUR VACATION!!!!!!! Thank you for the wine info, that is kinda how I have been doing it.
I bet you are excited about visiting the orphanage. Give the kiddies an extra hug from me. It would be so hard leaving them...

Sher: Curves sounds like just the ticket!!!! Have fun and get super fit!!
Old 01-07-2003, 05:32 AM   #13  

Bye Bye....Love you....I am leaving on a jet plane....

DEE
Old 01-07-2003, 11:39 AM   #14  

Thanks floozies for all the nice anniversary wishes. Actually, I spent the whole weekend in bed..........not what you are thinking though! LOL I pulled something in my back and was zonked out from the muscle relaxers. I've also been really b****y because my husband didn't even bother to get me a card which is all I ever ask for. But, compared to the problems some of you are having, that is so trivial that I'm ashamed to even bring it up.

Yes, my son got back to his base and has been assigned a bomb detection dog named Kazaam. He called last night needing information for a passport but that is all he could say.......we'll see where he ends up.

The insurance adjusters called on Friday, but I haven't talked to them since they actually looked at the damage. The house is probably going to take around $50,000. The poor man had just bought it because his previous house had burned down!!! Evidently, he is very, very nice and has been more concerned about my son's health. That is somewhat of a relief. The truck is totaled and we will have to come up with probably around 6,000 dollars to pay it off. I don't know where we will get it. It will all work out somehow.

Vicki, I'm thinking of you daily.
Dee, have a great time.

Love,
Ramona
Old 01-07-2003, 12:54 PM   #15  

Shelley, how is the car?
Closed Thread