LAWL losers and friends Oct. 2006

You're on Page 6 of 76
Go to
  • Morning ladies! Well, it is day 2 of TO for me. DH made popcorn last night and I cheasted some, but oh well. Today is a new day, right? It is TOM for me, too, and I also feel really bloated, annoyed with the whole world, etc. I am excited to start my shakes tomorrow. I love the coffee ones.

Deb- Loved the album. You have come a long way!

Lea Ann- What a great picture. I think that it is great that you are getting your daughters involved in such a great cause.

Jenni- Good for you for exercising. It does really make you feel good, doesn't it?

Joni- Good luck on TO!

Evette- I wish I had your shape. I too, am a pear girl. My boobs were the first thing to go when I started losing. Now they just hang there, a shell of what they used to be.....

Reddeb- No worries. TO will blast that weekend gain away in no time!

We watched Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift last night. I got my microscope out and looked hard for a plot line, but was unable to find one. It wa really nice to lay around with the kids and DH and watch a movie, though. We hardly ever do that. Here is a funny thing that happened yesterday. It is potato harvest here right now, so there is no school for 10 days. We have a lot of school kids here all day right now. Anyway, we have this 10 year old who is really annoying. My 3 year old was really mad at him yesterday, and came over to me screaming and yelling about what Drake did. I was so confused, because we don't have a Drake here. It finally occured to me that she was talking about Josh. If you have kids you are probably familiar with a kids show on Nick called "Drake and Josh". She was all confused, calling him Drake. I laughed so hard. Have a great day everyone, and special wishes to all of my fellow TO buddies!
  • Hey Rebeca, not much for family time yet, but things are slowing down a little. I have been putting in about 55 hours a week, but I told the owner that I am going to be cutting back to 45 this month since we are all done with relicensing and I have gotten the paperwork straight. Look at you, already losing. Good job lady!
  • Rebeca: Thank you for the compliment. You're looking great yourself, hot mama!!
  • Deb - I just looked at YOUR album - OH MY GOSH!!! I am SO inspired! I am so PROUD of you!!!! WOW!!! And to think - I have soooo much more than that to lose! I can't even imagine the difference! Did I say WOW?!? Also, you have inspired me to get in front of the camera on a monthly basis - I'm amazed at the huge difference in each picture!

Joni - Okay, okay. Forget the album. After all, it took me a month to finally put a picture out here, so I guess I'd better zip it! (I've got a "doozy" before shot too from a couple of years ago!)

TO ladies - YOU CAN DO IT!!!! It's only 2 DAYS!!!! As Cassi says, you can do just about anything for just two day! (I love that chickie!)

I forgot to mention that yesterday at church several friends commented on the "drastic" change since they hadn't seen me in 3 weeks due to our vacation. One that I don't know as well said she was astounded in how much weight I've lost and I asked her how she knew. She said, "I can SEE IT! Are you kidding?!? I'll bet you don't see the difference as much as we do!"
    Then the mom of one of the teens my 2 ds went out with told my 2 ds that she could see I was losing ALL OVER!!! Woo Hoo! Of couse, that just adds to my "just wait and see" attitude, cause if you think this is something - "just wait and see!"
    Hugs everyone - POP ALL DAY!!!
    - -
  • Good morning ladies! I am just getting in to work, so not much time to post. Went to WI this morning and only gained a pound after my long weekend. But that puts me at 214.8, which is 1.8 over my ticker weight. I will change my ticker after TO. Am hoping to lose at least 1.8 this week.

Katie - I am so glad to see you post. I've missed your wise words. The "Drake and Josh" thing was funny!

Rebeca - You look so beautiful in your avatar! Glad your scale is being nice.

Pearl - You have come so far in such a short time. We are all so proud of you!

Everyone else, have a POP day.

TO girls - hang in there! We can do this. It's only two days!!! By the time you're done complaining about today, it will be tomorrow already and you will be almost done!
  • Reddeb - If you haven't eaten breakfast yet, at least have a mug of hot lemon water and some juice to put something in your stomach so you don't get a headache and get sick.
  • Wow! I don't log in for four days and look what happens!!!! A marathon, a Race for the Cure, workouts, new friends, engagements....WOW!

Everyone looks SO GREAT in their new pictures - you are all so pretty! Deb(ster) and Cassie - thanks for the albums - seeing success like that is getting me back on track.

And yes, I was way off track this weekend. The family picnic on Sat - a couple of desserts ambushed me before I could stop myself. Then, yesterday, DH and I took a day to go to a resort about and hour north of us and played golf, then ate dinner at the restaurant there..... I had dessert again. SO, I am now doing TO. I have not gotten on my scale or gone to WI, but it can't be good.
  • Kimphin - You join the bunch of us tortured souls (thanks Reddeb for that one) in the TO quest. You need to get on the scale so you have a baseline! Wouldn't you feel better getting on the scale now and being able to see a 2-3lb loss by Thursday morning instead of the same as your last WI? Even if you don't go to the COD, get on your own scale for a baseline. It will motivate you much more. (Just my opinion). And I had my own weekend that was off the wall. At least I hope the desserts were yummy?
  • What is TO?
  • I looked up LAWL but I couldn't see that you could do it online.
  • TO is short for Take Off, which is a two day jump start to your weight loss. I didn't think you could do LAWL online, but someone mentioned earlier that if you didn't have a center close by you could have "phone in" sessions with the counselors. You could call the 800 number on the website and ask about that.
  • Hey! Guess what I realized today!!! I weigh less than my Drivers License says I do! Yippee!

My new avatar is a pic of me and DD goofing for the new video camera - she is a natural ham - we call her the Drama Queen.

Sommer, congratulations on your big news! I can see the glow from here!

Gotta run! Just wanted to pop in and say hi, and jump on the new avatar bandwagon!
  • Great pic Lori! Wonder where your DD gets her "drama genes" from.
    Cool NSV about the driver's license weight! Wish I could say the same - my Driver's license says 135 haha!
    Pearl - must feel good to have folks notice! Compliments are a great thing.
    Katie - glad you explained the Josh and Drake thing...that is pretty funny. But I thought it was funnier that in Idaho you get 10 days off school for potato harvest...I've never heard of such a thing. And to think -- you can't really eat many of those things on LAWL!! Glad to see you'll be able to slow down a bit at work...now stick to your words so you can talk with us more.
    I went to face the music at COD today; signed in and wrote down the counselor I wanted to see (why didn't they tell me I could do this when I joined 3 months ago??) ...they said she would be there today but failed to tell me she wouldn't be there until 11A...so I passed on the weigh in and will go again tomorrow. I'm that adamant about seeing a "good" counselor. My home scale wasn't too pretty this morning (161) and I'm hoping TO will help for tomorrow's weigh in.
  • Afternoon ladies! I wish everyone luck on the TO! I have not yet tried it as my weight loss has been pretty steady and on track, but I know eventually I will give it a go. I am so going to have to get a new avatar picture done. My picture is a bit dated and everyone looks HAWT in their new pictures. I am off to the COD tonight to see what the loss is and I am hoping I can finally change my ticker. I have not changed from when I fell off the wagon in the summer, but I am now approaching my lowest weight, so I will see the little doggie moving again shortly.

Have a great day everyone!
  • So far so good. I am having a hard time with meal planning. For so long I cooked what sounded good and didn't worry about what it was, and now I have to plan a head. I hope over time it will get easier.

So do u ladies weigh yourself at home as well as at the center? I am addicted to the scale. I know its not a good thing but very addictive.