21 Day Boost Group 7/17/06

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Good morning ladies! Well starting the shakes today. So far so good today! It's a busy day today with the kids....they seem to be wild today. Glad my DH only works a half day today! WHOOO HOOO! Let's gear up for the weekend and make it a good POP weekend! Later chickies!
  • Hey ladies.

Britt congrats on the loss. I'm like you i'll take anything at this point. I WI tomorrow so we'll see.

POP day so far and definately keeping it that way. Weekends are tough, good thing hubby is only home on sundays because i can never seem to stay OP when he's home. He messes with my whole schedule.

Heather have fun with DH and kiddies.
  • Hey guys! I'm starting the shakes today too. Going to have one blended with a banana and ice tonite. It's going to be over 100 degrees today and this little duckie does not do well in the heat! It's just abnormal here! Anyway-hopefully the heat will keep my appetite down.

Tomorrow we have a training walk-predicted temp of 103-105. Our coach has shortened the walk from 16 mi to 12mi so far. Still not happy. And then-I was planning to WI (maybe-don't usually do it when TOM) and then I have to come into work for a couple of hours. Sounding miserable huh? At least it's cool here. And we have a cold room (big giant fridge basically) that I can hang out in if need be. And of course the emergency room is here if I've developed heat stroke
  • Juliemarie thats HOT!!! 12mi is still alot but think of all the cals you are going to burn and drink lots of water. You will be one busy chick tomorrow. Goodluck with it all and try to stay cool. That slimfast shake sounds yummy. May have to try that 1 night for dinner.
  • JulieMarie be careful in that weather tomorrow and gl on your 12 miles lol im gonna try and get in 20 minutes on my treadmill ill think about ya lol

That shake does sound good might have to try that sometime.

Still POP here had to hunt and search at Granny's today since i didnt have my lunch ready to take but still stayed POP woohoo!!!

ill check back later...
  • Hey Kristi No problem here is the info: by the way we just started this week the others started monday and I started tuesday...

21 Day Boost
    Days 1-2: Take Off
    Days 3-4: Regular Plan
    Days 5-9: Sub 1 LA Slimdown (or slimfast) for 1P & 1S
    Days 10-11: Regular Plan
    Days 12-17 Sub 1 LA Slimdown (or slimfast) for 1P & 1S
    Days 18-19: Regular Plan
    Days20-21: Take Off

Come on join in the fun i know you just finished up TO so you could just fall right in with the BOOST!!!!!
  • Welcome to 21 day boost Kristi.

WTG Britt on staying POP. I'm POP also today and not planning on being any other way.

How you other gals doing? Juliemarie, Heather??
  • Quote: Welcome to 21 day boost Kristi.

WTG Britt on staying POP. I'm POP also today and not planning on being any other way.

How you other gals doing? Juliemarie, Heather??

So far, so good . . . . . just dreading going home on an unairconditioned bus in this heat! Sorry-I'll stop complaining about the heat. i know it's been worse for other people.
  • Well i managed to stay POP for the day so im excited about and I start the shakes tomororw!

Kristi Welcome!!! Always fun to have more people!!!

glad to see that the rest of you chicks are doing good!!!

ill check in tomorrow!!!
  • ok...down almost 5 pounds...will check in tomorrow
  • Morning.

WOW heather thats great. So happy for you.

Juliemarie i'm thinking of you in the heat with that 12mi walk. Goodluck today and stay hydrated.

I WI today and am back to my ticker weight which is not what i wanted but its ok, atleast i'm not up anymore. I just dont get it though. My morning weight was 132.2 and i go WI and its 136.8. How in the world is it so much of a difference? It used to be a 3lb difference between the scales now its 4.6lbs. What's going on?? They said that when i go in next week they are going to bring me down to the green plan. I'm kinda excited about that, maybe it will get me going even more and i get rid of 1 dreadful veggy, 1 fruit also but that didnt bother me to have 3.

Well having a POP day so far, hope its the same for you gals.
  • I am thinking about hopping on the 21 Day Boost train. I'm leaving for Colorado on thursday and won't be back until late saturday. We are driving for 9 hours there and 9 hours back so I was dreading the food problem. How do I eat when the rest of the car is going to want crappy, greasy disgusting road side food? I could only hope that we can stop some place like a subway and I can just tear apart my sandwhich to make it work. But if I plan it right I can hit the slim down replacement days on the days that I'm traveling and I can just ignore the boys who are in McDonalds on some abandoned highway and I can enjoy a shake instead. I'll think about it and decide if I'm going to jump in late tomorrow.
  • Hey guys!

Well-I'm back and I survived! Actually it wasn't all that bad-there was a nice cloud cover so it kept the temps reasonable (so far!). When I got up at 4:30am-it was still 80 degrees outside. It was so gross-I felt sticky and sweaty before we even started. We started at 6 am and were done by 10am. The only bad parts were when the sun broke out of the clouds-then the heat instantly jacked up like 10 degrees and it was BRUTAL til it went back behind the clouds. Luckily-it only happened a few times. We had one lady quit early cuz she got overheated and could seem to cool down. She didn't look too good.

It was crazy yesterday-got up to 104 in Portland and up to 108 in a nearby suburb. That's just nuts for western Oregon Even though it was above 90 in my bedroom I managed to sleep with a cold shower and 2 fans blowing on me.

So I'm at work (grr!) and will be here a couple of hours. But I went home and showered after the walk and ate an on plan lunch (so-no post-walk binge!) and plan on keeping cool the rest of the day if possible. Maybe a nap.

Keep up the good work guys!
  • Sommer sounds like it will be a good plan. Join us!!

Juliemarie glad everything went well and you stayed OP. Geez that is hot!!
  • Oh-I guess I should mention that we ended up only doing 8 miles. Felt like more though. If we did 12 we would have been walking till almost noon-and none of us wanted to do that. I lead a group of pretty slow walkers. I totally would've rather kicked out 12 miles in that time. Oh well.

Sommer-yes-join us! Come over to the boost side!