"Every-Day" 21-Day Challenge -- Here's to new habits!

You're on Page 9 of 29
Go to
  • Hi everyone !

I am slowely reading thorugh all the posts, including the first one a couple of times, but was wondering if I could join you all?!
  • jump right in vanessa to our happy group
  • Sweet pea, congrats on the new house!

Jolly, I'd love to do the squats challenge together! I actually haven't started mine yet, too tired yesterday and today I'll probably run out of time.

Shad, good luck with crunches.

Newbies, wellcome.

I think this will be a busy week for me... I got in touch with another agency, and I'm going for an initial interview there on Wednesday. And lots of errands to run, and I want to do Yoga at home and hopefully turn my days into productive ones instead of half-lazy ones...
    Day 9 on eating plan and Day 8 on exercise are done.
  • Congrats, Sweet Pea on buying a house. Where did you decide to go?

Sushi, we will have to talk about starting squats. I am meeting with the personal trainer next week, to have her set up some core exercises I can do nightly while watching tv. I really need to increase my balance and lower body strenght and stability for the smaller saddle and posting trots.

Welcome, Vanessa.

Well, it is Monday here. Weigh in went well this morning. So did workout. I feel better about how my eating is going as well. The better mindset is back.

Anyway, off to work. Oh yeah, day one on all three challenges was met yesterday. Here's to a great day - for all of us
  • Happy May Day everyone! I am back, after a hiatus in which I put back on a few pounds. My ticker is finally telling the truth. But as today is the 1st, and a Monday, I felt that was enough harmonic convergence for me to try to really get back into being healthy.

I am done in NY, and am back home - so that will help as well.

Here are my intended challenges:
    1. Limit my calories to 1500 or less each day (level 2)
    2. Exercise (cardio or yoga) at least 30 minutes every day (level 2)
    3. No alcohol (level 3)

I haven't really read through the back posts, but I hope everyone is doing well. I'm still sort of in a very depressed cycle, but am hoping warmer weather and eating healthy will help pull me out. I am looking forward to participating on the boards again.
  • welcome vanessa and welcom back to a couple of you that were away for a bit. Congrats on your house Sweet pea. that is awesome...I trust everyone survivied the weekend and it we are off an running on a new week. Stay stong and I will post more later.
  • Well, saturday I met both my challenges but sunday I blew it on the water. I think my weekday routine flys out the window on weekends which makes things harder! It was probably around 5 on sunday when I realized that I'd only had about half the water that I should have. If I had tried to make up for it, I would have spent half my night in the bathroom! Since I now have a pause day for each challenge, today will be day 6.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Welcome to the new people and welcome back to others.

Joyce
  • So, today would be day 2 for me!

My challenges are:

1. stay within my calorie range
    2. no alcohol
    3. take my pills

Tthanks for the welcomes everyone. I am hoping that by doing this challenge and having the accountability to you all that I will be able to get this done!
  • hi everyone. i bought a house in the country in whangarei where i currently live!!! but it's a bit of a leap of faith. the buyer for this house still hasn't signed the agreement. when i spoke to him yday he said it was all go and that he was heading to the lawyer in the afternoon to talk to him about it. gaaaah first time buyers are such nervous nellies. and the thing is that i am selling privately which means that it's harder to chase up with the buyer. if i had an agent they could sit with him and nag him. i may have to do that anyway. i'll give it until midday today and if i haven't heard i will phone him.

i had a bad day eating yday. not a full on binge but i was nervous and couldn't settle and kept picking at things. i definitely overindulged but i'm okay today and back on plan (not that i really have a plan LOL)

i have phoned a couple of people about ballroom and latin dancing classes and hoping to get back into that this thursday and sunday. i need the exercise!

vanessa - you're off to a great start

djs - i had to cut back on my water because it was so hard to sleep. my doc said i was giving my kidneys too much work to do

princess - well done on staying on track

sushi - good luck at the agency. what sort of work are you looking for

fish - hello nice to meet you

jolly - glad you're feeling positive and making progress
  • Day 6 done and gone!
    I'm calling Day 6 clear here. Today is the begin of Day 7! Let her rip!

sweet pea -- Good going on the house! Too bad you had a bad day eating. Tell me what day of your challenge you're on. Are you restarting? Just what is your challenge, by the way. I can't keep track so please be sure to keep focused on it for us with a mention and where you are on it, moving along, pausing or restarting. Now, looking back further in the posts, it looks like your challenge is journaling, right? So, are you on about Day 8 now? Looking good! As for the race, as I said, I'm press, so I was there as a reporter, thus access to the stables. But, being a horse nut, I have a special interest in wishing the horses good luck and wanting to get close to them. I'd rather be back at the stables then up in the stands with the bettors and dreary faces of the other reporters.

ny -- Yes, of course you can join. I'm glad you've read the initial post. Welcome aboard! So, are those three things all ONE challenge? or are you breaking them into three separate ones. How many pause days are you going to give yourself? Best of luck!

dj -- Excellent work on the challenges Saturday. Sunday was a shame. Perhaps you should hang signs around reminding you to drink water.

princess -- How are you doing?

Fish -- Hello! Good to see you back. Join the depressed, or at least the beaten down (that means me). Let's hope that "harmonic convergence" works to your advantage! Those extra pounds should come off soon enough. Good for you for getting serious again.

jolly -- I'm glad you are still going strong. Major kudos for a successful liftoff. Keep that baby flying!

Sushi -- You are moving along well, aren't you? Kind of a stealther there. You're nearly halfway!

Shad -- Glad to see you back! Crunches, oh yeah, I've been forgetting about them. Not good! I may have to make it a challenge. It's so easy to forget, but so easy to do too (that's for me now, not you). Good luck! Those Aussie names really get me....Groote, Wollongong..the hills of Gong..too funny! Scales are never kind, Shad, you know that. Good for you for talking back though!

curly -- Where are you? Awful quiet these days? You must be around Day 6 or so, right? Is everything going well?

kt -- Where are you these days? Hopefully, you're doing well and congratulations on that pound loss!

Stephanie, marble, Caro, where are you? You'll have to excuse my recent sparse appearances. Things are not good with me and it's rough coming in here and sounding chipper when I am majorily stressed and as the Allman Bros. would say, "feel like I've been tied to the whipping post."

Let's all keep at it though and get the upper hand where we can!

• Hey all. Day 2 - all 3 challenges met.

Fish - welcome back. Sweet Pea - good luck with your buyer. Everyone else - keep up the good work!!!

Not much else to report here. Had a good ride with the pony. Was able to do more trotting, which is good. So here's to well deserved great days for all of us

Hey Red we must have posted at the same time. I am sorry things are so stressful for you. Come vent if you need to. We all have "cheese with whine" sort of days. We are here for you. I hope it gets better
  • ok first the good news. the buyer is signing this afternoon and i will go pick up the contract and take it to the lawyer

now my challenges:
    journalling - i have done 7 days + 1 pause day (in all the hassle of running around yday i FORGOT tsk tsk
    binge free - i have done 6 days

red - sorry you're feeling stressed. send me a pm if you'd like someone to talk to!

jolly - cheese and whine hehe what a cool concept. i like it
  • jolly -- Hi there! I see you're gone already though. Was going to call you over to the chat room. By the way, do any of you out there use the chat room? I have before, there's some Aussies who talk at 8 p.m. on Tuesdays (now Fridays). Oh, but wait that's my 8 p.m.....anyhow. So, jolly, I'm glad to hear you had a good ride. That's a headache not being able to find a good saddle. Is your horse high-withered or what, very wide? If you weren't riding Western I would suggest one of these treeless saddles that are supposed to be great for hard-to-fit horses. Hope you find something soon. Do you ever ride English? I rode yesterday...I do dressage...am having a heck of a time getting the sitting trot real nice, and my horse is hard to get it on because she is so smooth-gaited, you can sit without keeping the hips soft but then she's being blocked, and since she already doesn't want to move, it just makes things all the harder. Anyhow, core muscle work does wonders for riding. Doing those crunches I really noticed a difference and now that I've been slacking I feel it! Ouch! As for the stress, yeah, it's all work and money related. I need to get a lawyer and let him deal with it. I can't take it. I am too affected by things and because a lot of my work involves writing, it really screws things up. It is constantly on my mind, worrying me. I sooo much want to have things worked out. God, the card companies are pushers! I hate the *******s!
  • Day 10 on eating plan and Day 9 on exercise are a wrap. AND did actually start the squats challenge today, as in DID THEM, so that's Day 1 in the bag. Right now I'm doing three sets of 15 squats, and the intention is to increase with time.

I'm really tired. I had to drive my boyfriend's mom to work so that we could have the car, and nearly fell asleep on my way back even though it was after 9 am. We didn't end up using the car because I was feeling so tired... but did have to go pick her up, and that took over an hour because of various misfortunes. Did I mention I was tired...?
    Great on the exercise though. It was my running day, I did 18 minutes, then walked some and, surprisingly, did another 22 minutes. And I borrowed my boyfriend's father's Yoga DVD and worked through it. Tomorrow will be a bit difficult, I need to go to the city for an interview. So I'll either need to get up early and do the stationary bike, or do it in the evening...

I'm too tired to read through the thread, sorry... too tired to focus on the words. I should catch up in the next couple days though... so bear with me and good luck to everyone.
  • Day 1 Done
    Good morning all! I finished day one of each of my challenges, I will try to keep it up
    Here are my intended challenges:
    1. Limit my calories to 1500 or less each day (level 2) - day 1 at 1184
    2. Exercise (cardio or yoga) at least 30 minutes every day (level 2) - day 1 at 47 minutes of yoga
    3. No alcohol (level 3) - day 1 at no booze

I had a horrible night's sleep last night. I couldn't fall asleep until around 2 a.m., then I woke up around 3:30 from a nightmare, then my dogs decided to bark at some outside noise at 5 and 6 a.m. Grr. Hopefully I will get some sleep tonight.

Sweet pea - good luck with the new house. I am glad you finally got in touch with your buyer.

Red - sorry to hear you have been so stressed. I agree that I would rather spend time with the beautiful horses (even though I'm sort of afraid of them) than with the bettors.

Jolly - thanks for the welcome back - it seems as if you are doing pretty good!

Sushi - I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight as well. It is dangerous to drive when you are so tired. be safe!