LAWL Losers & Friends: October 2005

You're on Page 11 of 44
Go to
  • Where is everyone today??? Oh maybe not working becuz of Columbus Day? Lucky Chicks....
  • Hi everyone,

Didn't get to catch the show, so I can't jump into the coversation, but just wanted to stop by and say Hi.

Went to my new center today and they put me on GOLD! Told me that the reason my chart said i was on blue was because I worked shift work? I did mention when i started that I gained alot of my weight when I was working shift work, but I also said I changed jobs and was ready to get the weight off...so go figure.

Glad to see everyone had a great weekend.

Mary~ I am a flip-flop freak. they are so comfotable and now that they have come "back in style" you can grab one of every color from Target or Walmart for a few dollars. (however, I ussualy only get a year or two from the cheap ones)
  • Shennie - I guess I didn't realize flip flops were in and out of style and now back in?
    lol......
  • Hi again. Just wrapping up at work and thought I would check in again. Sy, those sloppy joes sound good. I'm thinking of making the same. And, I think you counted it right.

Missed the show you're discussing, but I'll have to try to catch it sometime.

Star, glad everything went well. Check back later. Di
  • Hi everyone. Missed you all this afternoon.

Met my friend Julie at the gym tonight. She is my cold weather friend at the gym (she goes earlier than I can make it in the summer months). I'm glad we're back on the same schedule. We encourage each other, and it's great to have someone to talk to while exercising - makes the time fly by.

I'm baking some spagetti squash and butternut squash in the oven right now. It's so great to be able to turn the oven on with the cooler weather. Will be using the spagetti squash for a veggie this week and butternut for a starch. I need some variety. I purchased a huge cauliflower at the farmer's market - brushed it with a little olive oil and baked until the edges were browned. It kind of carmelizes on the bottom and brings out a great flavor.

Star and Carm: I would love a makeover too. Maybe we should all write in for each other and maybe we'll be picked! My chances are better getting on that show than American Idol. LOL!

I may have given up the big clunkie shoes, but I purchased the cutest pair of pointed high heeled suede boots this weekend that (IMHO) look great under my jeans. Can't wait to wear them. This old lady is going out kicking and screaming!

Have a great evening!
  • Hey, after posting I realized that Fiona hasn't been on in a couple days. What are you up to girl? Hiding out with Karen (RWF)?
  • $12.00 a week for renewal
    Yep...that is what they charged me. I have been going for a while but didn't lose my weight in the time they said I would so I had to repurchase more weeks at $12.00 each. I live in Birmingham, Alabama. One of you suggested calling around to other centers in the area so I am gonna do that and see what they are charging. Thanks everyone.
  • Morning...
    Mary - Looks like the 170's are very close for you - way to go girl....
    Your funny - "the ghetto" market. We have the Eastern Market downtown Detroit and you get by far the best produce and prices there too. It's alittle too far for me to go, but back in the day I use to go there cuz I worked downtown......

Sy- Couldn't agree more that it would be great to get a group of us on WNTW as a LAWL group.....it would be a hoot! Also wish you lived by me cuz I love a 'talk' buddy at the gym for cardio, it does make the time fly by
    Hey do you ever watch "How Do I look" or "Dress For Less"? Those are two more good fashion 'how-to' shows....

nana2girls - There are many of us on here that have missed our goal dates and bought additional weeks, your not alone. The main thing is that we never give up.

Oh I have talked to Rusty (RWF) a couple times, she's doing great just doesn't have access to internet at work. (She hates that) They went to Talledaga and had a great time, she sends her hugs......

Yeah where is FI? Also haven't heard from Jen (Auditgirl) lately? And I know there are more that are missing in action

Diane - Thanks for the thoughts......
    Hugs to everyone.....
    I'm so bored at work. We don't have any money and I can't pay any bills, I'm just sitting here trying to keep busy. Hope some of you can come out and play today......
  • Hi chicks!

Yuck, I think I picked up a cold this weekend - I feel draggy, congested, and I'm sneezing. All the symptoms, don't you think? I'm still up from the weekend - now tell me, how can you put on 5 pounds over a weekend??? (could it be the two amarettos? the hamburger and fries I had for lunch on Sunday??? )

I missed the show that you all are talking about -- but I am a fan of WNTW -- I'm not sure that ruching (I believe that's right) is good if you don't want to draw attention to a body area. . . but if you do, it's a possibility.

Sigh - I am a boot wannabee - I have always had really heavy calves, so never wanted to show them off -- or even find some that fit!

Shennie - glad that your new center is so much smarter than your old one!

Mary - fingers crossed for your meeting with the scale this morning. BTW, Dress barn does have casual clothes; they are usually towards the back of the store. About speghetti squash - I've never been able to cut a raw one - so I usually bake the whole thing, and then just warm up the leftovers.

Nana2girls - good luck with your center hunt.. .also check the website - sometimes they have deals, too.

Star - glad that Karen/RWF is doing well - miss her and her racing talk.

Hoping that all the MIA chicks will check in . .. I want an Andi update, too.

Julie
  • Julie - Too bad you caught the cold - yuck. Be sure and take something for it, it will pass faster.. I had one last week and killed it with NightQuil..day and night stuff.

I also have big calfs - I can wear Ugg boots (and love them). Also last year I bought two new pointy pant boots, that come below the calf.....I love the way pointy boots, jeans and little jackets look......

I got my box of winter sweaters out this morning, it's that time again.....

Julie - your weight will be back in no time, you know the drill....lol
  • good morning everyone,

Mary~great deal on the Nike flip-flops, i have a pair of Nike sandals that feel wonderful. I often wear them as Houseshoes in the winter.

Star~ for me flip-flops never went oout of style but I think that the past two years there has been an upsurge in the variety and availibility (for the years right before, al the shoes were thick, clunky heels). But i know that I helped my little cousin with prom shopping this past spring and they were giving a way a free pair of flip flops that matched the prom dresses (it was a sight to see with $200 dresses and flip-flops )

I am up again today. I have never kept up with my weight during TOM, so I am assuming (and hoping) that this is all water weight, but I guess i will find out in a couple days. I just want to get into the 160's
  • Shennie - Now that you mention the flip-flops with prom dresses, my DIL gave gift bags to her brides maids with flip-flops in them too (I suppose for when your heels start hurting)....cute ideas!
    Plus I'm from the age when women thought that heels always make you look taller and alittle thinner. Nothing about comfort, hence my bunion surgery need....lol
    Your weight is probably TOM, it will come off when he leaves.......good riddins...
  • Good morning everyone. Just have a few mintues while I'm waiting to get some data off of a backup tape here at work.

Julie: There are many boots that are ankle boots that you could try. Under slacks look as great as any. I have pointed shoes on now that look like boots. I love them. I have another pair that are more boots (that I only wear indoors) from last year that are a little higher, and the ones that I got this past weekend are even higher (mid-calf).

Star: I'm going for that same look you mentioned, my new boots will look great with jeans and my black leather jacket. I'll be all dressed to go and no place to go. LOL!

All, first time putting slacks on since May and I would have to say that I'm very thankful that my size 12s still fit, although I can tell that I have gain a few lbs or I'm just not use to them yet. I'm hoping for the latter.
    It's a great wake-up call to get back on the ball.

I'm going to the COD today, and if I haven't lost any weight being on the Gold for over 2 weeks - I'm going to take their advise and go to a higher plan. The only thing that has changed since I stopped losing weight it that I don't get TOM anymore (Mar 05). I have increased my exercise so I'm doing everything I can think of with the exception of not eatting. I'll let you know what they have to say. Auditgirl had luck with an increase of food, so hey, maybe it will work for me.
  • DD & I went to our weigh-in last night, which was hilarious. We weighed in on Saturday morning, and they were "concerned" about us both being up in weight on Monday evening. How in the world can you not be up in weight when you have eaten and are full of 8 glasses of water? It is just common sense. I told the counselor (who was new - listen, I think with all my years of WW I know more about nutrition than this newly trained gal) that I wasn't concerned about it. I am more interested in the week to week weigh-in on Saturdays.

She went over our journals (what's to see? it's only been 1 1/2 days!) and asked about our bowel habits (which is totally wierd). She started in on supplements and I told her I was taking the ones they gave me the day I signed up - and pointed to the place on the diary where those are listed.

She was nice, but it made me wonder...is this what a normal visit is? Just a weigh-in and then they check over your diary? No words of wisdom? No troubleshooting? No questions about challenges coming during the week?

Oh well, we're in this for the long haul, so we'll just smile away!

By the way, I caught some of the What Not To Wear Wannabes...some of those contestants took it way too seriously! I like Stacy and Clinton, but my favorites are Trinny and Susan! They really tell it like it is!

All I've had is yogurt, so I'm off for some peanut butter and an apple! Yum!

Andi
  • Andi-

I know what you mean about the visits. Every counselor is different. They should be asking about any upcoming challenges that they can help you troubleshoot. Otherwise they look over your diary and should be encouraging overall. After 4 mos I'm getting more than weary with it all. I only really sit down with them about once a week and chat. Otherwise-I've been pulling the "I'm late for were I'm going and I don't need anything, everything's great" dance after I weigh in and get out the door. They stopped doing the quick weigh-ins (where you weigh yourself and write in on a clipboard and they update your file), so this is what I do.

They ask about the bowel issues because the lites are high in soy protein and that can give some people problems, so they have to ask at every visit. I appreciate the counselors who just look at you pointedly and ask "any problems?".

Anyway-keep up the great work! It will become 2nd nature soon. Be careful with the CCs-don't do them too often. I'm surprised they're letting you do them so soon. They usually (at least at my center) want you to settle into the program for a few weeks before they have you introduce those in. So-if you stall at all, you might want to consider dropping those meals for a little while.