LAWL & Friends - March 2005

You're on Page 9 of 42
Go to
  • Yum - sounds tantalizing - I have all the ingredients too - can't wait to try it - sure is quiet on the board. Gave mom her perm and it turned out so nice and we had a very nice three hour visit. I brought home subs for everyone but me - I just made some ground turkey with a baked potato and a salad - I'm so proud of myself - and MAD cause I couldn't have a sub like a normal person. Have to - just have to exercise tonight - I've been so mad at my body this week that I refused to exercise too - last time was Tuesday so I'm gonna go for a nice long walk tonight on the treadmill and finish watching the movie "Ghost".

Well I"m gonna get going- dishes to pick up yet. Then I can settle down for my walk. - FIona - are you out cruisng girl in that new car???????????????

Hugs
  • New car, new car, lalala la la la!

It's great but man, took over an hour to drive down to pick it up, then an hour and a half to pick up DH from his church retreat, then another 20 minutes or so back home - I've had enough riding in cars for one day!

Let me know what you think of the recipe -

Fiona
  • I will Fiona - I'm trying it tomorrow - I'm excited to try it -

Can we have low sodium canned vegetables???? They even make vegetables with NO salt in the can? Is that okay?? Is everyone using Morton Light - just wondering? Oh and fudgesicles - are those allowed???? I think some one had one.

I am sooooooooooooooo hoping to change my ticker Monday or Tuesday -

Enjoy that car - Catch you tomorrow-

Hugs
  • Hi BAS and Fiona:

Fiona, the chicken recipe sounds good. I'll have to check to see if we have any curry?

BAS, I do not sure Morton's Lite Salt. Something's in that stuff that my hands and feet swell shortly after having it on something. LA told me to stop using it. I have a reaction to potassium chloride (and it's found in other things that I've tested and have the same reaction). So, I use regular salt.

Mitchy: Hope your date turns out great, and on you birthday too. Very cool!

My nephew's 11th birthday was yesterday. My sister had a sleepover party for him. 14 boys came to the party, and 12 are spending the night. Oh my gosh, that younger sister of mine. You know, the thing about it is - she and the boys will all have a great time. She's just like that.

I'm having a pretty good OP weekend .

I complain about the snow, so have to tell you that yesterday was just beautiful here. Sunny and on the warmer side for winter - I left the house about 7:45am and ran errands and got home about 3:00pm. It was a great day.

Hugs, Sy
  • Beverley - I buy the no-sugar-added fudgesicles and have just one (even though a serving is two!) - and count it as the 1/2 cup of ice cream on the purple card.

Oh, I was SO bad on Thursday and Friday - non-OP foods left and right. I COULD blame it on the stress of the whole car thing, but that's just excuses, I know. And who wants to feel like it's OKAY to turn to food for stress relief? Not me. So yesterday I got back on the wagon, I will have to figure out how to politely turn down the cake that the church is having for DH's welcome! Even if it's chocolate - that will be my penance for all the other bad things I ate this week. LOL!

Sy - your sister sounds crazy! If I got to choose, I don't think I'd have any boys, just girls. Girls I understand! Yesterday the weather was SUPPOSED to be gorgeous, but didn't quite get there - it was overcast and windy, even if it was on the warmer side (40, I think?). Today is looking more promising, though.

Have a great day all - I'm off to church, then to the in-laws to visit with DH's grandma who is in town for the weekend, then to my parents to show off my new car and dinner.

Fiona
  • Hi all!

Had good news at WI yesterday! I was down 1.6! Very happy and motivated. She said kind of quietly, wait til next week when we introduce the new plan! So i can't wait to see it. I'm curious to see if they'll try to charge us for it. I'll let you know. She only difference she really told me about is the no limiteds. But she suggested i use one or the other.

I will tell you about my date, I am looking forward to it!
  • Hello Ladies!
    While I did not join LAWL, as I do not have that kind of money upfront, I did purchase the entire plan on eBay (I am addicted to eBay). My only question is if anyone knows if Venison (aka Deer) is allowed on LAWL. I would assume it is like beef, but it is lower fat than beef itself.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Boy I hope so cause thats what I have out for supper too - venison. THought I would quickly fry it in some CBINB spray. Hope thats okay.

Went for a good walk with my son who is trying to loose weight too - it was a nice walk - its 50 out but I will not count it toward any exercise - he goes pretty slow.

Back to the kitchen for more baking - made home made pizza for lunch with fresh bread dough- I had grilled chicken and baked potato- I'm proud of myself.

Michelle - wonderful weigh in - way to go girl.

Catch you girls later.
  • OOOOOH! I think I just found the answer (for Blue plan anyway) 1 Beef choice: Pork, Wild Game 4 1/2oz is one serving.....yay!!! I love Venison!!!
  • Hi, chickies,

I'm back - thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had an eating and drinking weekend. Did get to go to a party yesterday that had a major clothes swap - we all brought clothes that we no longer wanted and pick new clothes that we liked. I came home with about twice as many as I brought. Loads of fun.

Tomorrow is the morning of truth - I didn't stay on my projected plan very well, but it was only a weekend, and the next 4 to 6 look fairly clear, so I should be able to make good progress, esp as I start that exercise program tomorrow.

Michelle - you are doing so great! And a Date! We want DEETS (within reason, or course) - the new plan has the same basis (by that I mean so many portions of so many food groups), but the lists of available foods is larger, and some of the portion sizes have changed slightly. The beef portions are up 1/2 oz, some of the starches are down slightly - but it is very liveable in my mind.

Beverly - So proud of you! And it is so true that we just can't eat like other people and expect to lose weight. It is just a sad fact. We have to choose which is more important. BTW - I do occasionally use no salt canned veg, and I do use the no salt canned tomatoes. I make a stew/soup with ground turkey, tomatoes, peppers, and onions.

Fiona - you can always say that you are allergic to chocolate - it makes you break out in FAT. But so happy for you and the new car. I also love NY & Co - they used to be called Lerner's in this area - they have great colors - good quality. Unfortunately, I am getting a leeetle oollld for their styles. . .

Karen/Rusty - found out this weekend that another friend is a RWF. This is his last year?? Hope you had fun at the races this weekend.

Jennifer - I also want to really stay perfectly ON PLAN (POP) this week. That includes getting back to measuring my protein - I'm beginning to eyeball it, and that is dangerous for me.

Sorry if I missed anyone - catch you all later!

Julie
    Melissa - hope you are feeling better!
  • Julie - I think I'm going to use that as my mantra for ALL non-OP foods!

Fiona
  • Pop...
    Hey Ladies!

I've being "perfectly on plan" for about 8 hours now. I also
    went clothes shopping (and while I didn't buy anything) I did fit
    into a size straight 18, which is like a miracle of God. I nearly
    cried right there in the dressing room. I get measured this week
    so I am curious to see how many inches I'm down.

Just wanted to share. You go girls!

Jennifer
  • WAY TO GO Jennifer - We all know that feeling of such surprise when we fit into smaller clothes - I think I looked at the size at least 1/2 dozen times when a size 14 jean fit me - I am so proud of ya!!

FIona- I need to rant and rave - thank you for the chicken recipe - I felt like I was cheating. I did have to modify it - I didn't have curry, green onions or carrots. Instead I used reg onions, celery (all chopped finely) sauteed in a few tablespoons of chicken broth and then I sprinkled the whole thing with poultry season - poured it over the bread crumbs and walla - I had dressing. I pounded my chicken filets thin with a plate and they turned out so fantastic - I made two fo them - one is for lunch tomorrow. Served it up with some no sodium green beans and finishing it off with 1/2 a luna bar. Reason I have the luna bar - I walked briskly for over an hour outside and I still am going to do my WATP tape. Have to keep up with that one or I get too sore and can't keep up with her. So i figure I need the added calories today - (who said that) (lol) I can't believe I said I need more calories today.

Okay I"ll quit blabbing and go pick up the dishes. I just had to tell you how delicious it was and what a great idea - no more plain chicken for me. This will be a regular dish for me from now on Oh speaking of that I need to get some potatoes in the oven to bake for the week ahead. Hugs to all. WIshing you all a good week OP!
  • Hey gals,
    I took 5 kids to CiCi's pizza on Friday night, hadn't eaten lunch and was starving. My center is RIGHT BESIDE CiCi's pizza, so I went in right fast and weighed on Friday night. I was down to 168.2, which was lower than my Wed. at LAWL which was 169.2.
    So, down 1 lb. last week.

I probably ate a pound of pizza. Oh well, back to the grindstone today. I will be in the 167 range by Wednesday!
  • Beverley - I'm glad you liked it! I tend to modify it, too, as I don't really care for carrots. But the idea of having stuffing IS like cheating - it's great! Which reminds me, I need to go pick up more chicken one of these days.

Tammy - way to go on being down - pizza was my downfall this week, too. oh well! Such is life. Good luck getting back down this week - you can do it!

Fiona