CORE Desserts

You're on Page 7 of 10
Go to
  • Easy Pear Crisp
    *This is NOT Core, but it's very tasty, and not bad for you at all.

Easy Pear Crisp

Recipe By : Splenda Cookbook
    Serving Size : 6

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1/2 cup Splenda -- divided
    3 graham crackers
    1/4 cup light butter
    4 tablespoons flour -- divided
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon -- divided
    3 cups Bartlett pears -- peeled, cored and sliced
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    3 tablespoons water

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8X8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Place 1/4 cup Splenda, graham crackers, light butter, 2 T. flour and 1 t. cinnamon in bowl of food

processor. Blend till crumbly.

Toss remaining Splenda, cinnamon, flour, pears, lemon juice, and water till fruit is evenly coated. Place

in prepared baking pan. Cover with crumb topping.

Bake 40-45 min or till bubbling around edges. Serve warm.

This is delicious with many kinds of fruit. I've had it with peaches/raspberries, and it was very good.
  • yummy chocolate cake
    This came from BCB core board. I used my 8 section mini cake pan and it took 20 minutes. I tried a little piece out of the oven, and it's very good. I used one cup oatmeal and one cup oat bran.

"CHOCOLATE CAKE"
    Servings: 8

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (I use a small toaster/convection oven.)

Line an 8X8" pan with Reynold's Non-Stick aluminum foil or spray with non-stick spray.

In one bowl, stir:

2 Cups oat bran
    1 1/2 tsp. baking powder (Rumford, aluminum-free, is good)
    1 tsp. baking soda
    Package of chocolate pudding mix, small (I used regular, but use FF/SF for all-CORE)
    1/4 Cup of cocoa, unsweetened
    3 Splenda packets
    Pinch of salt

In another bowl, mix:

3 eggs, beaten
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 Cup FF milk
    1/2 C. applesauce, unsweetened (I use a 4 oz. pre-portioned container)
    1 TBS. instant espresso coffee crystals

Add liquid bowl into dry bowl, mix quickly and pour into pan; put pan into oven for 25 minutes (or until sides of cake have pulled away from pan; cracks may appear on top). COOL.
  • I'm not sure where Niki (MattandGabby'sMom) got this recipe from but I tried it and it's pretty darned good. It doesn't really have cake texture. It's more like a dense bread pudding consistency. I LOVE bread pudding. Next time I make it, I'm going to use butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla because I think it will give it kind of a caramel apple kind of a flavor. I'll also skip the fake struesel on top. It was try and yucky. Enjoy!

Core Apple Almost Cake

3 cup uncooked oatmeal
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used a 3 1/2 oz Motts little cup)
    2 cups FF skim milk
    3/4 cup Splenda
    2 large ripe bananas (mashed)
    1 small box SF/FF instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
    1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
    4 medium apples (peeled and diced)
    2 eggs

TOPPING

1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
    4 tsp McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
    1 t. apple pie spice (I couldn't find this so I just used cinnamon)

Instructions

Mix applesauce, eggs and splenda. Add the remaining ingredients
    except the apples. Fold the diced apples in. Let the mixture set for about 15 minutes so the oatmeal can soften. Put in a 9x13 pan, sprayed with Pam spray. Sprinkle topping over top of cake. Spray with Pam butter spray.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cook for 40-45 minutes, or until center is completely cooked.

2- 4 oz. boxes sf strawberry Jello
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    4 C water
    4 medium apples

Combine dry Jello and cinnamon in saucepan.
    Add water and bring to a boil.
    Stir until Jello is completely dissolved.
    Peel and core apples and add to Jello mixture in pan.
    Reduce heat to med. and partially cover.
    Simmer 10-15 min. until apples are tender, turning the apple every 5 min.
    Remove apples and serve warm or cold.
  • CORE PIE CRUSTS

(BCB)

I have made this one many times before, and it is quite good. You may need to adjust the amount of oat bran depending on the size of your pie plate, adding more egg whites if necessary.

3/4 cup oat bran, dry
    2 tbsp healthy oil
    egg whites
    sweetener, optional

Combine oat bran and oil (and sweetener if desired) in a bowl, drizzling egg whites into the mixture until crumbly but slightly sticky. Once the paste is malleable, press into a sprayed pie plate, wetting your fingers with water to prevent sticking. Pre-bake for 5-10 minutes before filling.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

another core pie crust recipe: (bcb)

core granola + diced dates + a handful of fructose + just enough yogurt to make it all stick together

makes an AWESOME fantabulous, chewy and substantial crust.

core granola is posted on bfasts.
  • bcb

Coconut Cream Dream Pie
    This may be an oldie, I am not sure. But, I do know that it is terrific - out of this world good.

Makes 8 servings, 3 pts each

2 envelopes Dream Whip Topping Mix
    2 3/4 cups cold skim milk, divided
    1 tsp. vanilla
    2 packages Fat-Free/Sugar-Free Instant Vanilla Pudding
    1 backed 9" pie shell or reduced fat graham cracker crust
    1 cup toasted coconut

Beat whipped topping mix, 1 cup of milk and vanilla on high for 6 minutes or until thickened and peaks form. Add remaining milk and pudding mixes, being on high for 2 minutes. Fold in coconut, pour into pie shell. Chill at least 4 hrs.
  • PIE CRUST BCB

I made my own crust using oat bran, a little sugar, a little butter, and egg whites, and I prebaked it before filling it.
  • I GOT THIS AT BCB:

Endless Possibilities Angel Food Cake

Serves: 12 Points: 3

This cake has so many good variations that I just had to rename it. My favorites are Margarita, Pumpkin and Cherry.

1 box Betty Crocker (1-Step) angel food cake mix

*see variations below*

Mix the angel food cake mix and desired flavor ingredients together and beat by hand until blended. Pour into ungreased 9x13 pan (or muffin tin) and bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes (muffins bake 15-18 minutes). Cool upside down for best results.

Pineapple (142/ 0/ 0) -- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in juice

Pina Colada (144/ 0/ 0) -- add 1 Tbsp coconut extract (and 1 Tbsp rum extract, optional) to pineapple directions

Carrot (145/ 0/ 0)-- add 1/2cup finely shredded carrot, 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to pineapple directions

Cherry (135/ 0/ 0) -- 1 can (20 oz) Comstock light cherry pie filling

Black Forest (143/ 1/ 1)-- add 1/2 cup cocoa to Cherry version (The chocolate sauce goes really well with this version for an additional point.)

Pumpkin (142/ 0/ 1) -- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin, 3/4c water, 1T vanilla & 1T pumpkin pie spice (or spices below)

Spiced (132/ 0/ 0) -- 1-1/4 cup water,1-1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp ground cloves

Lime (135/ 0/ 0) -- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp water, 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice and 1-1/2 tsp grated lime rind

Margarita (165/ 0/ 0) -- top the Lime cake w/ Margarita Glaze (see below)

Lemon (131/ 0/ 0) -- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp water, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and 2 tsp grated lemon peel

(Beware: The variation using 1 can lemon pie filling is 6 points 302/ 3/ 0)

Orange (133/ 0/ 0) -- 1cup water, 1/4 cup orange juice and 2 tsp grated orange peel

Pineapple Citrus (146/ 0/ 0) -- combine Pineapple, Lemon & Orange ingredients

Cotton Candy (133/ 0/ 0) -- 1 small pkg (3.4 oz) sugar free flavored gelatin, any flavor, 1-1/4 cup water.
  • just saw on the net where you can nuke a slice of dream pie for 30 seconds to have a hot piece of pie.
  • http://kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=re...&u2=dream+whip

here's a website for dream whip ideas.
  • here's an idea for the coconut dream pie:

Praline Dream Pie
    Melt 1/3 cup butter or margarine in small saucepan. Add 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans and 1/3 cup firmly packed Splenda brown sugar; bring to boil. Boil 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Spread onto bottom of empty pastry shell before filling with remaining ingredients as directed.

i got this from kraftfoods.com
  • also from kraftfoods.com

Low-Fat Orange Dream Cheesecake
    Recipe Rating:
    Prep Time: 15 min
    Total Time: 4 hr 15 min
    Makes: 8 servings

Nutrition Information

1 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, crushed (about 3 Tbsp.)
    2/3 cup boiling water
    1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Orange Flavor Sugar Free Low Calorie Gelatin
    1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Low Fat Cottage Cheese
    1 tub (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Fat Free Cream Cheese
    2 cups thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping

SPRINKLE crumbs onto bottom of 8- or 9-inch springform pan or 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
    STIR boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 min. until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool 5 min. Pour into blender container. Add cheeses; cover. Blend on medium speed until well blended, stopping occasionally to scrape down side of blender container; pour into large bowl.
    ADD whipped topping; stir gently until well blended. Pour into prepared pan; smooth top with spatula. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Remove side of pan just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS

Jazz It Up
    Garnish with fresh mint sprigs just before serving.

NUTRITION INFORMATION

Nutrition Bonus:
    You're sure to love the creamy orange flavor of this low-fat low-cholesterol cheesecake. As a bonus, the fat free cream cheese is a good source of calcium.

Diet Exchange:
    1 Starch,1 Meat (VL)

Nutrition (per serving)
    Calories 100
    Total fat 2g
    Saturated fat 1.5g
    Cholesterol 10mg
    Sodium 330mg
    Carbohydrate 11g
    Dietary fiber 0g
    Sugars 5g
    Protein 8g
    Vitamin A 10%DV
    Vitamin C 0%DV
    Calcium 15%DV
    Iron 0%DV

RATINGS AND COMMENTS

view all comments

rate this recipe

jperez26 on 12/6/2006
    I like this recipe because it's so simple to make and very creamy. I used strawberry jello and skipped the graham cracker crumbs to eliminate some calories. But then I added the calories back in because I topped with homemade strawberry syrup!

i think you could use all ff ingredients.
  • here's another idea for dream pies: (from kraft)

Jazz It Up

If using JELL-O Chocolate, Chocolate Fudge or Pistachio Flavor Pudding & Pie Filling, add 1/2 tsp. almond extract, 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract or 1 Tbsp. MAXWELL HOUSE Instant Coffee to the whipped topping mixture with the milk and dry pudding mixes.
  • i looked and looked today to see if i could find a recipe similar to the 1 pt brownies made with all bran cereal/brownie mix. i never found anything so i decided to experiment. here's what i came up with--and it's wonderful!!! just be careful cuz it's loaded with fiber.

ALL BRAN SURPRISE CAKE (ALMOST CORE)

1 Yellow Cake Mix
    3 cups Original All Bran Cereal
    2 1/2 cups Water
    3 teaspoons Baking Soda
    1/2 cup Applesauce
    1/2 cup raisins
    1/2 cup Splenda Blend Brown Sugar
    1 chopped Apple

Preheat oven 350*. Spray a large baking pan (I used the broiler pan.).

Stir cereal and water in a large bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
    Stir dry cake mix and baking powder into cereal mixture. Let sit for 3 minutes.
    Stir in applesauce, raisins, Splenda Blend Brown Sugar, and chopped apple.
    Spread evenly into baking dish.
    Bake @ 350* for 30 minutes or until done.

I live in high altitude so I had to bake mine longer. Just keep an eye on yours.

24 servings = 2 pts each
    I cut mine into 32 servings.
  • I think I know what the surprise is....

Just kidding! It looks really great. And you came up with this all on your own? I'm so impressed!