What clothes are in your goal image?

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • This is a lot of fun!
    Little Chick, you are the only one who admits to still wanting to get into a bikini. I actually would admit that a bikini top would be nice, but without costmetic surgery my crepe paper abdomen won't be seeing the sunlight

I second all who said they want to shop in regular sizes again.
  • I want to be able to buy something lacey from Victoria's Secret. I am sooo tired of cotton granny panties.
  • Lol, hey I admitted wanted to wear Bikinis! I'm just a little more pessimistic about my prospects of ever wearing one. Because now, they look like this on me --->
  • Yup, a bikini...I'll have stretch marks and flabby skin until I have our children and we can afford the tummy/arm tuck surgery, but I think I'll be wearing a bikini with pride, anyway! If anyone notices, I'll just tell them the miraculous story about my lost weight!

I would love to tuck things in. I would love to shop in normal stores. I would love to wear one of those spaghetti strap tanks with a built in bra!

I have a gorgeous flared skirt from the GAP that is a size 14. I bought it when I started this journey and I cannot wait to fit into it!
  • Well no bikini dreams for me! Even when I could wear one I didn't. I'm not much on tanks either. DH is waiting for me to get a halter top to wear on the bike when we ride! Well he can keep on waiting! haha I would like to be able to wear straight skirts without hip buldges and t-shirts that fit and tuck them in. Maybe when I get in a comffy 10. I can get in one now but something about having to be able to breath while you wear them! haha i need to start my tummy tuck fund for when I reach goal! haha
  • Well it would be nice to be able to wear a bikini...but we'll just have to see when I reach that point if I will wear one...I'd like to be able to wear a cute sun dress or a short skirt (not real short) But I agree with all of you...to be able to go into a regular store and be able to try on anything
  • A little, little back dress. I'd love to wear an adorable little black dress for New Year's Eve and have it actually be comfortable. Also, I want to be able to wear the tall boots. I do have a pair that fits but I still think they look ridiculous. Mostly, I want to be able to wear cute maternity clothes from Target when i do get pregnant (eventually).

lauren
  • Well, I have to tell you all that a bikini or a tankini IS on the horizon for the ones that want to wear one. When I was young enough to wear a bikini, I never wore one because I was too self-conscious. I also had a girlfriend who wore one and she wore one very well..contributing to my self-conscious feelings and not wearing one when I could.

However, I set goal for myself this year and decided that when I was in the 140 pound range, I would wear a tankini and strut my stuff, even though I thought that I was a bit too heavy for it yet. Well, we went to Mexico this past summer. I packed 5 bathing suits - 2 fat bathing suits, 2 tankinis that were possibilities, and 1 binkini that I had purchased in Thailand at a weak moment 9 years ago, but had never worn. The first day, I decided to try one of the tankinis and it felt OK, so away I went. Of course, I decided to make note of what the other women were wearing. Yes, there were several very large women wearing bikinis. Although I would never wear one at that weight, I commend ladies who have the courage to wear what appeals to them. By the end of the week, I, too was wearing my bikini and it feels so good, knowing where you have come from with weight. If you want, do it. You deserve it.

While away, DH and I met three young school teachers who we befriended. As we were out one evening, they started to discuss their ages and made a comment about how DH and I were about the same ages as they were. Well, we were actually in university when the three of them were born. Needless to say, they all commented on looking and acting (we act like children when our kids aren't around to tell us how embarrassed they are ) so young. They were also amazed that I wore a bikini as well as any young person in spite of the perceived flab that I have after 3 pregnancies.

My goal this year is to tone and firm the flab.

Now - what is my goal clothing. Right now, it is to wear and sexy little black dress out for dinner or a party some night. Although my weight is down to wear I can pull it off, I have terrible shoulders. As a young person, I swam competively and have the huge swimmer shoulders, turned flab. My goal is to tone them into something pleasant looking and pull off more sleeveless outfits in the future.
  • My goal clothes was a pair of levi's 501 jeans, button fly. They don't make them much bigger then a skinny size 14. And I don't think they are really a size 14. I walked into the Levi store one day a couple months ago and grabbed the largest pair they had to try on and on my gosh, they were too big! Yeah!

I'm actually too cheap to buy them, but it felt good to try them on. I'll wait until they go on sale to get a pair.

One day I too want to wear a bikini. I have actually started looking at them in the store. Try them on ocasionally. Then quicky take them off and hide again.

I also want to get the cute, sexy undies and sleepwear. Victoria Secret style stuff. I've started getting some
  • I think I was one of those overweight women, Peggy! I have worn tank tops and sleeveless shirts all the time...even when I weighed 326. And I have always worn shorts. I figured if I was comfortable, who cared!

I even wore a bikini when I was about 270, on my honeymoon. There is even a pic of me in it...eeek! Hey, it's a memory. And how often do we get to say that we look better than we did on our honeymoon?

I would love to wear this outfit I have imagined in my mind for years...a black silk dress with a flared, knee length skirt, deep v-neck in front, spaghetti straps that cross in back to a very, very, deep v, thigh-high stockings with a seam up the back, and ankle strapped black heels. My hair up and a necklace with a long dangle in back. And breasts tiny and high enough to go without a bra. Woo-hoo! Of course, to get to that point, I'm going to need to spend a lot more time in the gym and get a bunch of surgery for my sags and bags.
  • I would like to finally be able to wear a chinese dress, you know- the really fitted sleeveles ones with the mandarin collars. I swear the make them for women with no butts and no hips or thighs but I vow that one day I will own one!
  • I'm probably unusual in that I really don't try to wear clothes that hide my fat too well I will wear tank tops/sleeveless shirts and shirts that go to my waist as well as fitted jeans (but not suffocating). I won't wear stuff that has buttons busting open or makes obvious bulges but I can't really help if I have some bulges and they aren't completely hidden.

I could never imagine myself in a bikini but it could happen. I definitely plan to get some plastic surgery when I'm at my goal weight to get rid of excess skin and tighten up.
  • Last summer I was in 16's and while I was still "Fatty McBackfat" with my jelly roll and floppy triceps...I was looking alot more toned and better. So, thats my goal now. I have a cute leather jacket someone gave me when I lost, so I REALLY want to be in that before winter ends.

BTW...does anyone have any ideas for toning that lovely squish?? I tried everything...weights & cardio with some luck, but I was still flabby.
  • cardio and weight lifting is the only thing that will get rid of the flab. You also have to keep working on your muscles with bigger and bigger weights, it'll take a bit but it'll work.
  • Quote: ...while I was still "Fatty McBackfat" ...
    That's too funny! I actually burst out laughing when I read that.