South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 09:15 PM   #31  

I found that doing side lunges with small weights can help the side flab, but obviously, since my flab is still around, it's been a while since I was faithful to the exercise religion.
Nelie, I think that if you act like you know who you are and you are comfy with yourself, that is way more beautiful than hiding all the "extra"! You sound like you dress fabdabulously! (is that a word? Lol!)
Old 09-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #32  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I have decided after some serious thoughts on this subject. ( I still do want to wear a bikini) That I would like to be able to walk around the house (when the kids are not around) NAKED and to be able to look in the mirror and think WOW.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:14 AM   #33  
I vant to draw your blood

This may sound silly, but I'd like to be able to wear a pair of slacks and not have the inner thigh fabric wear out from the friction of my legs rubbing together.

I just want to be able to wear regular sized clothing (US size 12 or smaller) and look nice in them.

Mamacita
Old 09-14-2004, 09:16 AM   #34  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

I think I saw in someone's signature around here that they wanted to be able to walk into Ann Taylor and buy a size 10 -- that would be pure BLISS to me as well!!!! B L I S S -- I truly can't imagine it!! In fact, I would be THRILLED to be able to walk into Ann Taylor and buy ANYTHING that fits! LOVE IT! OK, I think I am stealing that goal from whoever made it originally!

Lauren

P.S. I'd also LOVE to be able to SHOUT from the dressing room to the sales lady, "This is TOO BIG, do you have a 12?" ha! ha!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:16 AM   #35  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieFun
P.S. I'd also LOVE to be able to SHOUT from the dressing room to the sales lady, "This is TOO BIG, do you have a 12?" ha! ha!
That is perfect, Lauren! I'm adding that to my list of things I cannot wait to do!!!

I love LC's goal...I'm with you on that, girlfriend! I've never been a modest girl (perhaps to a fault), but since I gained this weight, I have been very uncomfortable changing at the gym and such. I want to feel comfortable in my skin again!

And amen to Mamacita...I would love to not only save the inside of my pants legs, but to be able to wear a skirt or dress without a pair of thigh protectors on!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:31 AM   #36  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
a pair of thigh protectors on!
What are "thigh protectors", and where might I purchase a pair?
Old 09-14-2004, 10:45 AM   #37  
Conquering with SBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux
I would like to finally be able to wear a chinese dress, you know- the really fitted sleeveles ones with the mandarin collars. I swear the make them for women with no butts and no hips or thighs but I vow that one day I will own one!
I have to agree with you. DH was in China a few years ago - I was at my highest weight of 194 pounds, at the time. When he is away, he often buys clothes and/or material for me. Since he is an excellent shopper, I love the stuff that he brings back. From China, he brought the neatest two piece pant outfit in a Size XXXXL. I looked at the size and the immediate thought that went throught my head was "How big does he really think I am?" Anyway, I thought I would try it on to see if it could be altered small enough to fit.

I swear, I could not get that thing over my boobs. I have worn the outfit once...the day that I dropped to 125 pounds. I am hoping to wear it again. but will need to lose another 15 pounds before I will be able to do that.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:53 AM   #38  
Conquering with SBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
I think I was one of those overweight women, Peggy! I have worn tank tops and sleeveless shirts all the time...even when I weighed 326. And I have always worn shorts. I figured if I was comfortable, who cared!

I even wore a bikini when I was about 270, on my honeymoon. There is even a pic of me in it...eeek! Hey, it's a memory. And how often do we get to say that we look better than we did on our honeymoon?
Laurie, I really admire you. I admire women who are comfortable enough with themselves and their bodies to 'not give a darn.' I have a lot of baggage from my youth that prevents me from taking risks, but I am pushing myself outside of that comfort zone and becoming more daring. Contrary to "What Not to Wear," I have been going shopping in grubby clothes - just to prove that I can do it not feel guilty.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #39  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Laurie -- THIGH PROTECTORS!!!!!!!!! I thought I was the ONLY ONE!! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! I cannot wear a skirt without them (or hose). I sooo can't wait to not need them anymore -- maybe by next summer!?

Ellis -- I use Spanx as my thigh protectors -- they are the comfiest and they are from QVC!

Lauren
Old 09-14-2004, 06:11 PM   #40  

Ok, did everyone just miss Little Chick wanting to run around naked? That is my absolute favorite!

Alas, the whole naked thing is not in my dreams. I do wish that I could wear a really slim cut sheath dress, with a fabulous string of huge pearls, and super high heels, and look like a supermodel. Not as thin, but you know that tall, elegant, sleek look. Somehow, sheath dress just don't look as good when you are only 5'3'' and your legs aren't 3/4 of your entire body.

Beyond that, a see through blouse with a super lacy bra and no little rolls of fat when I sit. Something really sexy.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:53 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieFun
Ellis -- I use Spanx as my thigh protectors -- they are the comfiest and they are from QVC!
Thanks, Lauren... I'll check them out!
Old 09-14-2004, 09:16 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Back in January I was wearing a size 14, and I've managed to whittle myself down to a size 8 now! It feels WONDERFUL to be able to shop in any store I want and know that most things will look pretty good on me. I still would like to lose another 10 or maybe even 15 more lbs and get into a size 6 or smaller. I am petite, so any extra weight really shows on me. I feel jthat no matter what your size, if you like something, then wear it, and wear it proudly. If you feel good in it, you'll look good in it.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:30 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea
Back in January I was wearing a size 14, and I've managed to whittle myself down to a size 8 now! It feels WONDERFUL to be able to shop in any store I want and know that most things will look pretty good on me. I still would like to lose another 10 or maybe even 15 more lbs and get into a size 6 or smaller. I am petite, so any extra weight really shows on me. I feel jthat no matter what your size, if you like something, then wear it, and wear it proudly. If you feel good in it, you'll look good in it.

Ummm, I disagree with the last part tht you said. I might like a bikini and even feel good in it, but I can PROMISE you that I won't look good in it!
Old 09-15-2004, 10:15 AM   #44  

I agree with you, Cottage. Attitude is everything. Some big women carry their weight with real aplomb, and they look fabulous, regardless of what they are wearing!
Old 09-15-2004, 11:22 AM   #45  
Peanut's Mom

Wow, almost all my clothing related goals have already been suggested: walking NAKED around the house, sundresses, strappy evening dress, tankini, etc. I want it all. I dream of fitting into my high school uniform skirt and I would love to work out in short shorts and a sports bra/top, rather than long shorts and T.

The first time I shopped in a normal store, I was so ecstatic I did a little happy dance. And DH loves the more feminine lingerie...bye, bye granny panties!
Closed Thread