March 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 5 of 42
Go to
  • will be getting ready to go see dad in a few minutes! busy week here!
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

I went back an analyzed my day and could see where my issue was. I woke feeling blue, something about that medicine does that to me. Then I had children's church. They had junk food in there and since I am a bit anxious around kids that was my "out". It went downhill from there. The other lady that worked with me ate junk too. But she is always trying to watch her food like me. So her and I need to make an agreement not to indulge and do that together. I think that will work.

Flower I think the medicine causes fluid retention. Also, bathroom time isn't as productive and different. It doesn't allow the body to do it's normal process effectively. Praying for your Mom.

Zallie Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
    This Morning: Oxycise

Weigh In: 188.8

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week.

This daily devotion from Charles Stanley really spoke to me this morning. I am just providing a link and you can follow that, if you are interested: https://www.intouch.org/read/magazin...ntary-pleasure

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 4

Psalm 50:15
    And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Jim's watch alarm beeped as the clock struck four. It sounded every hour and every half hour. I turned to him and asked him what he had set so many alarms for. 'I'm on a diet. Every time my watch goes off, I take a moment to say a prayer to God. It may sound crazy, but it has made this the easiest diet I've ever tried. It calms me down and gets my mind off food for awhile. I feel like I've got a partner, and you know, it's always easier to do something when you don't have to do it alone.'

Today's thought: I can be brave during the tough times, because God is with me!
  • Hello to everyone The night went well last night, woke up to about a foot of snow! I read the posts and wanted to pop in and check in.

Flower, hang in there sent a prayer for mom. It's a good sign that your brother said she is coming home today or tomorrow, keep us posted. I hope that your feeling a bit better, I find that when my mind spins and I am anxious or worried trying to keep busy helps. It can be hard to focus or start sometime when I am real worried but once I give myself a push and start a project or something I get on a roll. Maybe if your up to it you can go for a coffee with a nice friend or chat and of course you have us here too! smile It sounds like she will be okay, take care of yourself sweet lady and keep us posted

Diana, I hope that today is going better for you. That's a great idea that your teaming up with the other women at church. Hang in there. I hope those shingles will be gone soon and then you can go off that medicine and get back to your more normal schedule. I am sorry to hear fyour friend has shingles too! I hope that she feels better, happy to hear that she was stronger and all and ty for the updates.

Jen, that was so nice of you that you took that lady to lunch! Hugs and god bless you! I hope thatyou have a good day, that you all do.

Kallie, welcome aboard : )

GrannyNancy, I hope that your feeling better. Sounds like a plan that your going to rest a bit, your always so active which is great but a rest like that can be helpful. I always try to get DH to rest and catch up now and again. Wishing you a good day.

Rachel, that's a good track record for the week, wtg and on being right back on track today. I hope that you had a nice time with family. I always liked scrabble!

Nancy, ceicei, and to anyone else I missed...a big hello! I hope that everyone is well and has a good day.

As for me, todays schedule depends on how the roads are. Will keep you posted.
  • morning!

Flower thank you! Long road, finally over...YAY!
    Jen it's like a light curry flavor soup, really good!

yesterday was not great food-wise...I will not weigh until mid-week. Yesterday's church lunch was pizza, and the pastor had brought in a big chocolate cake from Porto's in honor of my passing the CPA exam. It was gorgeous and it said 'Two weeks ago I couldn't spell CPA, now I are one'...LOL some kind of CPA joke from when he was a kid and his father was a CPA. Porto's is a top-notch bakery around here, and since it was my cake I HAD to eat some They made us take the rest of it home, too, which is a pretty large chunk!

last night dinner was nice and healthy, though - DH barbecued so we had filet mignon, half a baked potato each with light sour cream and green onions, and a salad I made by shredding a Savoy Cabbage, chopped spinach, bacon bits, and sunflower seeds.

today:
    b - chana masala
    s - mixed nuts
    l - leftover salad from bbq with grilled chicken breast
    d - tbd
    planning on cardio with DH tonight

back later, see you all!
  • Syk, I'm not sure what curry tastes like. What is Chana masala? (Homer Simpson voice) Hmmm Chocolate Caaaaake *drool*...Aldis has the best chocolate cake at $3.89 which is way cheaper than walmarts

flower, lol, on brother not being user friendly. I know people who are the same. I pray the pneumonia dries up in Jesus name. I pray God's Holy Spirit sends you peace.

Diana, great that Connie is doing better. Awful that she got shingles. I command in the name of Jesus the awful shingles dries up and the virus dies . I also pray every cancer cell in Connie dies and no negative effects of it or treatment in Jesus name. I did children's church. A lot of people were out sick...stomach bug going around.

Granny, I have a sensation of fullness that I can only describe as if I ate a dynamite stick like Taz does and it went off, it's uncomfortable and so is the excessive mouth watering...but I haven't been sick...it hit me during worship yesterday and I think it was the wild hog they served the homeless yesterday...I only ate one bite of it though ..I pray your digestive system calms down as well as mine...I believe in "pray for one another that you may be healed"...I got hip pain out of NOWHERE on the day of the bday party...and it was painful to walk and my mind was flooded with thoughts that I was going to have to have hip surgery like my mom. It was my right hip...so I just kept praying for it to be healed and just ignored it the best I could, but it even hurt to drive. .at the bday party a lady was limping around and sharing how her hip joint (right) was mostly bone on bone. I didn't tell her mine was hurting too...I just asked her if I could pray for her.. she said yes. I prayed for her and immediately the intense ache left MY HIP. I even moved it around a little to see if maybe I was imagining it, but it went from a 6 to a 2..I thought OK that is what His Word means "pray for one another that you may be healed" and I haven't told anyone but I took it as a sign God was doing a Work in her hip too!

Welcome Kallie, are you 5'7" and 168. You probably just have a little toning to do. I saw your 135 and that is my ideal weight at 5'5" if that's the case, you haven't let yourself get too far gone and it looks like you might be doing what Emily is doing alternate day fasting...Don't be too hard on yourself

ciecie, hope visit with dad goes well. Good job on 2 miles again!!!

Rachel, Scrabble with family sounds like so much fun and you have been so spot on, 1 day of refeed will likely only boost your metabolism.

Weekend, wowzer, that's a lot of snow. I don't want to imagine your car sliding around the sides of that valley like an experienced skateboarder...be careful...

Larry, Emily, Terri, thinking of you guys too

178.8 here this AM. I'm going to **try** to do OMAD and stick to chicken tenders and fries (oven baked) and salad and a dessert (no bakes)...I want to shoot for 1300 today. Knowing myself..I will have to skip lunch. I plan on checking out the books I got from Sid Roth program and keep my mind focused on God's goodness. I repent of gluttony which is just as much a sin as murder and it's against my own body.

pray for me to deal with my cousins atheist friends that have been attacking me on fb about my faith inspired posts. Pray I deal with them with Wisdom from God.

• Good morn to all, late to the moring party again it seems
    WI the same 166.6, I really expected a bit of drop since the PF has been a friend all weekend BUT my long 5 mile hike did not happen yesterday, by the time we navigated up and back from Seattle it was later in the afternoon and I hate to admit it I was in a pissy mood missing my planned hike. So we did a short hike at the local park that has natural trails not paved as paved hurt DH. We only went a mile before he was in pain and we had to return to the car and home. So steps yesterday were only 8,600. I did appoligize to DH for being so selfish about the hike vs visiting his parents. Eating yesterday was on point, ate only 10 out of my 23 three points. I never use my activity or roll over's. and out of those only an apple and veggies/egg combo for breakfast are 0 points.

Today is planned, I log on my spread sheet all the foods I might possibly like to eat in a day, and copy the same menu all week. Then I turn the items red if I actuall ate them and zero out the rest so my total is accurate at the end of the night. Oh and the gym this am was slow going but I did get my 4,000+ steps and lower body weight training in before a shower

Diana, I am so glad Ms. Connie is feeling better but then to get shingles on top of everything...yikes, I have included her in my thoughts and prayers. And yes your devotional today speaks to me also
    Jen it was awesome you opened your heart to the woman who could use a little kindness, as for the atheist cousins keep your faith they just don't know anyother way hold you head up and ignore their posts and congrats on 178! sticking
    Skyc your menu really sounds good to me today...dispite missing the chocolate cake LOL
    zallie welcome can't wait to get to know you more. 500 cal is really really low but it it is just for one day.....
    weekend, yikes a foot of snow! I know for you it is not such a big deal as you have the plows etc to handle that snowfall, I am still waiting for the last of the snow out of our yard to melt and it has been over a week or more of sunny nearly 50 degrees, it does not matter it is in the mid teens at night LOL
    Rachael, I love family board games, this is one of my highlights when our family get together, we play uno, mille borne, farkle the list is long.
    flower I am sorry to hear about your brother not being so text friendly but more so about your mom. will you be able to call and check on her?
    ciecie, tell dad hi from the chickies
    granny sounds like your weekend was full and now for the grind of a workweek. you always do well and you manage to stay so focused!
    terri so glad you are back please post when you can!
    kelij, larry, and all whom I missed xx
  • Jen - Chana Masala is chickpeas in an Indian sauce made from cardamom, turmeric, cumin, etc...it's amazing.

I also had a half of a pork bacon patty from Omaha since I forgot I left it here in the fridge on Friday. I wish I had brought some of the cake with me! LOL
  • Nancy, I am so sorry you didn't get the hike in yesterday. What's wrong with DH when he walks?

syck, your food sounds so interesting. What is a pork bacon patty??

1452 for the day and am very full and satisfied...hope I stay that way. I did do OMAD.
  • Hi all - no word back from doctor. It could be a few days.
    I had an off day yesterday, ate some cake and had some ice cream. Used food to comfort (what else is new?) and am back on it today. It’s getting warm out and I’m antsy for spring.
  • Hi Everyone!

I am going to call to see if I can get an apt with my regular Dr. about the shingles. It hasn't improved. The Dr's are always booked so I am going to call now and try to get in as soon as I can. I can always cancel but I feel better knowing I have the apt. Also, I did weights today and that area felt very hot and aggravated. I took some Advil and it calmed down a bit. I am going to hold off from weights until I get it under control.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
    2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
    Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
    Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
    Jessica Smith: 1 Mile Upper Body Circuit w/8's, 1 Mile Lower Body Circuit w/8's, 1 Mile Express Abs walk

Have a Blessed evening!
  • My handicap ramp project came out really good. My neighbors complimented me on the quality and appearance. DW is pleased and it works well for her mobility scooter.

I tried a new to me Walden Farms product today "Garlic and Herb Pasta Sauce" Wow, this is one of their best tasting products. I cooked half of a spaghetti squash in my instant pot. Scraped out the strands of the spaghetti squash, added salt and pepper and the Walden Farms pasta sauce. It is a keeper the taste was terrific. I made traditional spaghetti for my DW and I enjoyed my diet version of spaghetti. I am not a fan of all of the Walden Farms products but this one sure is good.
  • good evening! power walked and ran errands after I got home from seeing dad. will be shutting down to go to bed in a few minutes. have a busy day tomorrow. have to go to the eye doc tomorrow.
  • Hi again! Diana please do keep us posted.I do hope you feel better, those stupis shingles should be going away now , again please keep us posted.

Jules, wtg on going right back to it.

Jen, nice numbers keep up the good work.

I do missy you guys, all of you and hope that you are well.

Larry, I am glad that your project went well and I will try and remember this product! I am always looking for new stuff, thanks for sharing.

Nancy, it sound to me as though you did great on your steps! ihpe dh is feeling better. My DH , as active as he is, is having osme sore ankle problem. I am finally putting my foot down and hoping to make him wear sneakers. I mean come onnnnnn now, yes I know the LL bean slippers are nice but the old ones have worn and have no support, the guy needs support! Jeesh, men! One day, I will get him to listen. You are doing so great with your gym runs and all that you are doing Nancy, keep up the ger work.

As for me, dinner went well but I did eat one spare rib that iw as not planning on, do I regret it" nooooooooo lol so far so good, I am tired and going to bed soon and look forward to our new day. Tomorrow will be a challenge fo me but m oe on that tomorrow. Hugs and wishig you all a great night, weekend
  • Not sure I posted my goal here so here goes!

Focus on one day at a time!
    Have my meal plans in place for 2-3 days (dinner)
    Think positive! If I screw up, get right back on the wagon
    View every day as a new day and start
    Post daily whenever possible and no matter what
  • ceicei, I hope that your eye visit goes well and that you have a nice visit with your dad.