February 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 13 of 34
Go to
  • Hi everyone. Wow, seems like everyone is doing well with nice losses!

I picked up this morning - 500g /just more than a pound. I know my body does this, so I'm not stressing, although it's hard not to get frustrated. Today was a week on track, and, even with the gain, I lost 1.2kgs or 2.6 pounds. Not bad for a week!

It's hot and windy here, so easy to get water in. Planning some cardio tonight. Only did 10 mins last night. Shocking! But I had a rough day yesterday, as you do with 4 year olds sometimes, and I didn't have a lot of energy after doing bed time routine!

Hope everyone is enjoying the cold weather. Just off to put the aircon on
  • hi everyone! I'm sorry I am so sporadic about posting...so much craziness waiting for my score and super busy at work.

down a few pounds...but not where I should be. Age...grrrr

menu:
    b - slice deli roast beef, slice deli turkey, string cheese
    l - kale salad (kit), rotisserie chicken
    s - carrot
    d - TBD
    I did not come very prepared with food today
  • good morning! just got home from power walking and running errands a few minutes ago.
  • Good morning/afternoon or evening to all
    No WI today just did not feel like it. Yesterday I did not come close to steps as we did venture out in DH truck and stopped for lunch out and I indulged in 2 beers then came home and took my beer nap....LOL
    Today there is no work, they closed the office due to snow. I would have had to have DH drive me anyway, there is no way my car could drive the 3 miles to the nearest main road. So I am spending the day doing some deep cleaning (much needed) Just finished mopping/washing all the vinyl floors, got the stairs vacuumed and now to take care of the rest of the carpeted areas (85% of the house) Finishing up the laundry and may even take down the curtains and give them a whirl who knows. I have not planned my breakfast or lunch today which is not good. I think I will make an IP of rice and beans for enchiladas later this week and dinner tonight is some cod. I will be back later for personals......
  • Hi everyone I am feeling the need to go on the WII a bit so I may not have time to do all personals but read all the posts. First and foremost, I hope that you are all well and having a good day.

Flower, I am sorry...I had said I hope that you can go and I kinda feel bad : (. I know you had stated that there was family you really wanted to see and I hated you to feel shut out from that. I had no idea of the toxicity of the environment and I am a bit of an idealist and was hoping all would be ok. I couldn't say it any better than Rachel said! I totally agree with what she said and also Larry, though that is hard for me! lol I am an emotional Greek! I don't know what happened there but what I do know without a doubt is that your a thoughtful and compassionate person! Please feel better and if I may offer some suggestion, if those words ring in your head try to stop them in their tracks and remember who YOu are and all of your beautiful qualities! We can't change certain things, I agree. Interestingly enough, I was just telling DH the other day I am going to put a poster on my fridge with the motto reading......"life is 20 percent what happens to you and 80 percent how we react"! Oh how I would love to live by that motto, much easier said than done for sure. Feel better, a heartfelt hug Thanks for what you said to me too, you didn't write much but you wrote was loaded! I am doing ok too, just have a tough time in winter sometimes and I can get down, I am hanging in there for better weather so I can get out to the beach walking.....isolating oneself at home for too long is never a good thing but I plan to put myself on a schedule and make some changes. You hang in there dear lady and feel better!

nancy, I think it's nice you went out to lunch with DH! Those things are special. Bravo for your cleaning today and nice you ahd the day off and caught up with some things you had to do.

Diana, oh yes, gotta love those bootcut pants : ) I really love your thought for the day, it sure takes a good fight some days and I plan to fight too! WTG!

sychgirl, great to see you and no worries. Life can get busy and well must come and go sometimes.

ciecie, as always, I admire your posting of your power walks etc. Very nice! : )

momwannabe, congrats on the loss!

grannynancy, that's smart you wear a vest. Oh my gosh, carbs make me sleepy too. When I eat light as I have been I don't feel extremely tired after.

Jen, wow great calorie count yesterday!

Larry, hello and glad that your doing well...awesome milestones!

well, as for me, I went tot he market...I totally didn't feel like it but I did. The market was mobbed as we might have some snow tomorrow night. TOnights menu is roast chicken (breast) , butternut squash , and salad. One day at a time as we say so focusing on today and tonight. I had some carb craving the other night but not feeling them today so that's good. Hope everyone has a good day, and big hello and sorry to anyone that imay have missed. Hugs to you all, let's keep cranking day by day!
  • Hello all, correction from yesterday, thanks to my scale memory. 182.8 yesterday and 181.8 today.

I had to rescue myself from a binge earlier by making my binge my one meal. It actually worked. I had two options since I already violated the rules of CAD...fast 5 or OMAD and that was my meal ..I was going to do fast 5.

I started off just being hungry at 1230...more than usual...which was strange since i made one of those collagen shakes an hour earlier and I started to have a complementary meal of roast beef and pickled okra and olives, but something wasn't clicking and my mind started straying especially when I made my kid a roast beef sandwhich...so I started munching on wasabi peas. A few really burned my nose and I put them down and picked up my green pea crisps which all peas are a no.no. except at my main carb meal.

so now I was like OK switch to IF and you can have dinner at 3pm with the boys...BUT I couldn't shut off the snacking mode...and I continued to munch on the green pea crisps and some multi grain flax seed tortillas..I started to panic...like "oh no, I have no rule to stop myself!" which is kind of crazy thinking, so I told myself...nope...just eat your dinner now, you'll be super full but your day of eating will be done and you'll have a 12-2 window of eating which will minimize any carb damage. ..so that's what I ended up with...I just have to get through the night with no snacking...I'm allowing myself a can of bubbly and a package of seaweed if I get desperate...

granny, I am glad you are a gear lady and have a good sense of safety.

syk, I can't imagine the stress

Larry, wow!!! I have read about the benefits of xylitol for bone density. It is TOXIC to dogs though even in tiny amounts.

Nancy, glad you didn't get buried and you got the burned calories from those chores

flower, again I'm sorry for the emotional pain. I revive my tracker with the charger thank God because I really like this one.

weekend, I always have carb cravings. A walk on the beach sounds nice

Diana, bet you can't wait for that scale

I'm a little stressed about the mammogram tomorrow (my first) and would like prayers please...

I also have to add 200 calories to yesterday count because I forgot the ready boiled eggs.

my goals are to not go off the bubbly/seaweed track tonight and to get more steps. I tried my kids friends hover board and landed on my but so I'm a tad sore ...

ciecie, always STEADY.
  • Jen, fascinating on the Xylitol - just did some research-wow on bone density. It is banned from my house [and sadly they even put this stuff in peanut butter] BECAUSE of the toxicity to dogs. It is DEADLY in small amounts. I may have to reconsider its use taking the same care as I do with my dental floss [which can get into their intestines and cause major damage if they eat it and my dogs will eat anything. And I mean. Anything.
  • jendiet - pangasius is a fish, similar to tilapia. Tastes way better than tilapia.

So I didn't eat very healthy over the weekend, but I am making adjustments.

Today: no exercise...
    Breakfast: Coffee w/ milk, sugar free whipped cream
    Didn't have time to eat before work but I had an orange
    Dinner: Grilled chicken salad, another orange
    Snack: TBD
  • Well guy and gals
    Got my steps in today by cleaning and I took two walks in the snow. We got another inch or so this morning/afternoon but they are calling for rain this evening which should melt some of this mess. I just got a text and our office will be closed for another day so this next paycheck is really going to be small or I use my vacation time which I don't want to do. On the plus side it is suppose to rain tomorrow through Thursday and temps to stay above freezing during the day. Still no sign of the mailman, and don't except we will see them until towards the end of the week. No sign of a plow either, sometimes it really is most inconvenient to live in the rural part of the county even though it is densely populated.

Oh and granny speaking of sidewalks....=not here either. So my walks today were a bit of a challenge because the snow was so deep on the sides of the roads and I had to walk in the road itself. I did move as close to the side when a truck or SUV would go by. I only saw 2 actual cars get brave.

Back again in just a bit

• Jendiet Pangasius is sold as SWAI. Mild tasty white fish. I eat it often. Walmart sells SWAI
  • Hi Everyone!

The tracking said the the scale was out for delivery but we leave at 5. I will probably get it tomorrow.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
    2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
    Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
    Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
    TF Sculpt, 3 miles w/Leslie from Ultimate 5 Day walk plan and my 10,000 steps.

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Hi everyone, scratch the roast chicken dinner I had planned. We took my folks out for dinner but I had the rosemary lemon chicken breats (1) 1/2 baked potato with sour cream and some broccoli, still on schedule and it was nice to get out!

GrannyNancy, I saw you mention Xylitot! It was some years back, but I remember reading about that ingredient (if my memory has not failed me) in orbit gum! A dog had gotten hold of the gum and I remember it's toxicity. I had a pup for along time ( a little Pomeranian) whom has passed but I remember being so weary of that ingredient and oh my gosh, I had no idea it was in peanut butter! I didn't give her peanut butter but still! Oh, and while we are on the topic I read an article the other day about HIlls prescription diet, Od I believe recalling it's food! It was a recall for the moist can food (not the dry) to an overdose of Vitamin D! I really got upset about that, we used to feed my darling prescription food from the vet...you try and do the right thing! My sis in law makes her pups food, wish I had done that for my darling! Anyways, enough about that! IT is just very disheartening to learn of such things.

Also, anyone on BP medication...the CDC just recalled a few more! I have to check my parents prescriptions!

I am tired and hitting the hay, if I stay up too late it affects me the next day. It was a good OP day and on to a new day we go tomorrow. Wishing you all a great one.
  • good morning! fell asleep watching agt. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
  • Good morning everyone!

Weekend Boater:how nice to go out for dinner! Sounds like you made good food choices.

Diana:such anticipation of the scale!!

Nancy: Walking in the snow sounds so calm!

Emily: good that you're back on plan. Well done!

Jendiet: That was a lot of thinking about different plans. My head would have been spinning!

Flower: so sorry to hear about the difficult family visit. The one thing I long for is a big, involved family!

I had a small loss this morning - about 0.4. Still not below 80kgs again. It's taunting me I tell you! But I stayed on plan yesterday and did some cardio last night. Carry on carrying on, I guess!
  • good morning again! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.