Join now! - slap down the winter pounds - 2018 challenge

You're on Page 7 of 20
Go to
  • Dipped below 200 today! Hoping to maintain through the weigh in. Next goal is to get out of obese.
  • Quote: Dipped below 200 today! Hoping to maintain through the weigh in. Next goal is to get out of obese.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I did too. This morning but I took HCTZ for BP and am still working on BP control - I think when I switched to lower levels of B vitamins my BP started going up and I started retaining water. It will take me a few days to "own" this one.

It has been kind of busy. Will follow up with personal notes later today or tomorrow am. Love seeing the success either in pounds lost or attitude and behaviors. In my mind they are all sucesses.
  • Congratulations Grannynancy and tefrey

• The weekly stats appear on the chart below. Angel82much is holding onto the lead, with Blondiecj and Flower1 right behind her.

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments! If you didn't submit an entry for the 1-21-18 weigh-in (either by posting it or entering it on the form), you won't appear on the chart below. If you provide a weight entry for next week, you will reappear on the chart.

• Hey Munchey, glad you're back How's your plan going this week? Did you manage to crank the motivation back up?
    What happened to Sum32 in your spreadsheet? She's top-top-top of the league this week! (so I don't deserve the credit this time i'm afraid)
    Also I can't see Blondiecj results.(Got to love excel and auto-updates!)
    I'm still on plan this week and still motiviated. I've negotiated all my social events so far, so pretty happy. Just cooked up an invented mushroom thing. How good are mushrooms for low cal eating!
  • Hello ladies!

I am encouraged by your great attitudes and your progress!

I've been offline again for a few days. Another flare of iritis caused blurry vision that makes it hard to use my laptop, and a bad cold is just wearing me out. I wasn't able to get online on the 21st, but I did weigh myself - 161.8.

I teach kindergarten and hate to take sick days so the lousy weather has been a bonus for me! We've had a couple of storm days so I could stay home and nap. My husband's been driving me on the days we have school 40 minutes twice a day. He's a good sport but I am thinking he is even more anxious for this flare to end than I am!

Keep up the great work friends!
  • I would like to join the challenge
  • My week is going very, very well. TOM is around the corner though. I have not slipped once, ONCE with my eating, and I am so happy about that. We'll see what the the day before TOM brings... will forgive myself, if I slip. My gym visits have been OP as well. Swim day today.

Fab day to all!
  • Well I have been bad about personals but what a great supportive group and great work by all!

Ange looks like you rocked it this week though we are nipping at your heels!

Sum38 - To me the behavior is more important than the numbers. I keep telling myself that because I know it is true. But I know you are doing well.

Heidi - Hope your eyes and cold get better soon

Diana - welcome! Just go to the first post in the forum to get all set up.

Well today is my 3rd day in onederland. Still having to take the HCTZ (prescribed) for BP and trying to work on changes in water consumption so I can eliminate it again. Sodium is already low in my diet, but it is not dehydrating me or driving the BP too low so I guess I need it for now. I realized I had really NOT been drinking nearly enough water so today I am making a serious effort . I hate taking any BP med but perhaps, at 62, this is a reality. High blood pressure wreaks havoc on the body so better to control it. Will ask doctor at next visit to check blood sodium levels.
  • Quote: I would like to join the challenge

Hey Diana B:
    If you are willing to post at lease once a week (and stay with the challenge), we'd love to have you join. We need your current weight and a goal weight for 4-1-18. If you want to wait until Sunday to weigh, we can use that weight as your starting weight. Please read the first post for additional details.
  • munchey: I'm wondering whether you may have posted the stats from Jan-14 rather than the stats for Jan-21? I noticed that my Jan 14 weight is posted instead of my Jan-21 weight.

I hope everyone is doing well. A lot of great progress has already been made this year. As for me, my loss is very slow so far and I'm not entirely on track yet this year - I appear to go on and off plan ...
  • Quote: munchey: I'm wondering whether you may have posted the stats from Jan-14 rather than the stats for Jan-21? I noticed that my Jan 14 weight is posted instead of my Jan-21 weight.
    Same here. Did not look that closely.
  • CORRECTED CHART FOR 1-12-18

CORRECTED CHART FOR 1-12-18
    PLEASE NOTE: A red weight/lb entry indicates one of the following: Participant did not provide a weight entry for that weigh-in, or participant provided a weight after Monday.

The weekly stats appear on the chart below.

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments! If you didn't submit an entry for the 1-21-18 weigh-in (either by posting it or entering it on the form), you won't appear on the chart below. If you provide a weight entry for next week, you will reappear on the chart.

• nothing really new from me today, other than i'm excited because it's Australia Day today, which basically means we get a long weekend. Hurray!
    but just wanted to say hi to other posters!

Heidi58 - your iritis sounds bad. I've not heard of it before but it must affect you so much in all sorts of ways when it comes on. Hope it goes away again quickly and you can get back to normal life.
    Sum38 - yeah! Go girl! Great to hear you're sticking to plan and happy with yourself about it. That's me at the moment too. You're doing heaps of gym stuff too though which takes even more commitment (and probably means that whatever's on the weighing scales is only half the story)
    grannynancy - so are there some side effects of the BP medication, or is it just that you don't like taking the pills? Have you come off them before - i.e. is there hope that you can ditch them if you keep going as you are?
    flower1 - if you're not 100% on, and you've lost 2.2lb in 2 weeks then that's really a good result. It's tough going when you only have a few lb to lose, but don't give up, you've done great (you must have gone through the weight range that i'm at now, and we're the same height, so can relate!)
    munchey nice update. Can't believe another weigh in is due in 2 days. It's relentless!! Sunday's a tough day for it too - following from a Saturday (usually night out) day!
  • Ange - Yes I had gone of the meds and at that time had lost 40 of the 67lbs I havelost when I went off of them. So I am concerned as to why it has gone back up. But the HCTZ has some cons in that it can deplete sodium (particularly in the elderly and I am postmenopausal AND eat a low sodium diet around 1100 grams a day) can raise blood sugar (no problems ever but...), unfavorable for cholesterol (and my numbers are currently good), and is a cause of gout. The only saving grace it is also given as a drug for osteoporosis (I have osteopenia) and, of course, is fairly effective. I also take losartan 25mg now [went back on that but that is a very low dose and it does not have any associated issues]. For those younger and working on weight loss. GET IT OFF NOW!!!