Alternative Products that will work on Phase 1, Part 7

You're on Page 7 of 23
Go to
  • Jenny, I made rolls today with your suggestion of adding onion and garlic powder. And I sprinkled a little garlic salt on top before baking. I used the Quest multipurpose mix and 1 pkg. of plain protein oatmeal, with the standard other recipe ingredients. They turned out great and not bland. I cut them in half, spread some mustard on them, and filled with a little deli turkey. Yum.

I plan to make a half dozen rolls for daughter and I to have with our Thanksgiving dinner.
  • Here- glad you liked them! I have become ADDICTED! I am pretty much having a "sandwich" once a day. In my opinion, add onion and garlic to pretty much anything and you have a winner

I made the French Dip from Janeva's cookbook and had it on a roll and it was SO good!

I also just stocked up on all of my Quest powders. I added vanilla into the mix because a lot of the recipes in Janeva's cookbook call for the IP vanilla pudding pack or the crispy rice cereal. I don't really like vanilla, but I figure if I am adding flavoring or extract to it, it will taste good. I bought lemon extract, so I am thinking of making lemon poppy cookies tonight for dinner (with the extract and the vanilla Quest). Or I might try the PB waffles that Ro has been raving about. Decisions, decisions...

Who would have thought??? My first time on IP, I pretty much ate the same packets over and over and I actually never looked forward to any meal. Now, I am experimenting so much and loving it all now I can't decide
  • The same is true for me too. I don't have enough meals to get in all my ideas/experiments
  • A new find for me: yesterday I added some eggnog flavored Stevia to a vanilla RTD shake. It tasted just like eggnog!

I tried it again later with the Quest vanilla, and that was a fail. The vanilla flavor overpowered the eggnog.
  • Lemon extract + Quest Vanilla Milkshake = delicious lemon cookies!
  • Quote: Lemon extract + Quest Vanilla Milkshake = delicious lemon cookies!
    mmmmm - bet it would make a great lemon 'meringue' pudding too!

What extract? Olive Nation?

Fwiw - DO NOT buy Watkins brand from Wal-Mart - the alcohol in them is overpowering I tried butter, pumpkin spice, and ??? Luckily that was only about $6 wasted.
  • Om.My.Goodness!!! I tweaked the cookie recipe and made cookies with Quest Peanut Butter powder and WF chocolate dip- INSANE!!!
  • Quote: A new find for me: yesterday I added some eggnog flavored Stevia to a vanilla RTD shake. It tasted just like eggnog!

I tried it again later with the Quest vanilla, and that was a fail. The vanilla flavor overpowered the eggnog.
    Oh nice - thanks for the idea! I wonder if it would work with the multi-purpose. I didn't know there was eggnog flavor. I am going to get this and try it.

I did see there were holiday flavors that included cookie dough. Didn't know cookie dough was considered a holiday flavor, LOL. I bet that would make a good cookie though. Oh, more ideas to try!!!

And, I got an idea yesterday when shopping for Christmas presents. I saw there is a baking tool that cores out the middle of a cupcake. I am going to do that with the Quest Chocolate Cookie but made as a muffin and put in the Quest Peanut Butter as a pudding/spread to make my version of a Reese's peanut butter cup!
  • Quote: Om.My.Goodness!!! I tweaked the cookie recipe and made cookies with Quest Peanut Butter powder and WF chocolate dip- INSANE!!!
    Linda - What did you tweak? Are you referring to just changing which powdered flavoring you used or did you change the base batter ingredients?
  • Quote: mmmmm - bet it would make a great lemon 'meringue' pudding too!

What extract? Olive Nation?

Fwiw - DO NOT buy Watkins brand from Wal-Mart - the alcohol in them is overpowering I tried butter, pumpkin spice, and ??? Luckily that was only about $6 wasted.
    Batko. I ordered a bunch from Amazon. They have that if you buy a "6 pack" you can mix and match flavors. I did order some from Olive Nation too, but they haven't arrived yet.
  • Quote: Linda - What did you tweak? Are you referring to just changing which powdered flavoring you used or did you change the base batter ingredients?
    From Janeva's cookbook-I used 1 scoop of Quest Peanut butter powder, 1/2 tsp of baking powder and a packet of Stevia in the Raw, 2 tsp of evoo, 1 Tbsp of WF chocolate dip, 2.5 Tbs egg white 350 for 9 minutes - they were really good
  • Quote: From Janeva's cookbook-I used 1 scoop of Quest Peanut butter powder, 1/2 tsp of baking powder and a packet of Stevia in the Raw, 2 tsp of evoo, 1 Tbsp of WF chocolate dip, 2.5 Tbs egg white 350 for 9 minutes - they were really good
    Interesting that there is no water in that recipe. Also, I haven't tried to bake cookies with olive oil. And, because the Quest powder already has so much protein I replaced the egg white with water so as to not add more protein. I wonder how it would be if I swapped egg white for water but with the olive oil - I wonder if the water and olive oil would be ok together. More experimenting...
  • Made a very simple dessert for Thurday - 1 scoop quest banana cream, 1 scoop salted caramel, 2 quest cookies and cream bars
    I warmed the bars in the microwave for about 20 seconds and pressed them into the bottom of a small glass bowl. In a separate bowl I added water and 1T WF syrup to the powder - made it a pudding like consistency and spooned over the bars. I put it in the freezer and will remove Thursday when dinner is served so it has time to thaw
  • Sounds delicious Beth
  • Quote: Sounds delicious Beth
    Crossing my fingers - we are going to have WAY too many desserts tomorrow - no one is going to want dinner...they could just eat sweets all day