Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 30

You're on Page 15 of 37
Go to
  • Quote: Good morning! Very quiet in here.

Saw someone I hadn't seen in nearly a year yesterday. 1st question they asked "did you lose some weight?" Uh, no, I got a haircut. Actually, I'm getting used to those comments - people don't know what to say I think. So they either just say "you look great" or mention the weight loss. It's all good. I'd be surprised if they didn't notice - it's kind of obvious.

Got a busy weekend planned - just lots of little stuff that needs to be tended to along with the standard weekend stuff.

Big surprise the other day - dh sent me a link to a dress he found on one of his "daily deals" and said "I think that would look good on you." Totally different style than anything I have worn in recent memory. I ordered it (of course) and we'll see how it looks but at the price I can always send it to the thrift shop if I hate it. But kind of cool to even consider something so totally out of the realm of what I have been wearing!
    How sweet of the DH! I'm sure it'll look great!

I agree-it find it difficult to respond to the compliments. Only because I feel like I have to repay the compliment with a compliment....ya know??
  • RuthAnn I love reading your little tid bits about your hubby, he sounds like a real sweetie!
  • Hiker - sorry you are sick again, that's terrible. Hopefully you can have a quiet weekend to recover. I use the Foreman a lot - I like to take zucchini cut in half with olive oil and do it on the Foreman (not for very long!). During the summer we do it on the bbq but it's too cold for that right now!

And I love your new avatar - what a cutie!

Dh is a sweetie, I'm pretty lucky. He has been my biggest supporter through all this!

Ems - I know what you mean but you can always tell them their hair looks nice!
  • I understand the compliment thing! I get embarassed especially if the person pours it on, then I'm like, 'okay enough!'. hee hee And I too want to say a compliment back or I'll tell them that my sister has lost a lot more on the same plan, just to get the attention away from me! Lol!
  • Quote: Hiker - sorry you are sick again, that's terrible. Hopefully you can have a quiet weekend to recover. I use the Foreman a lot - I like to take zucchini cut in half with olive oil and do it on the Foreman (not for very long!). During the summer we do it on the bbq but it's too cold for that right now!

And I love your new avatar - what a cutie!

Dh is a sweetie, I'm pretty lucky. He has been my biggest supporter through all this!

Ems - I know what you mean but you can always tell them their hair looks nice!
    Oh gosh I was typing my response really quickly and didn't proof read. It looks like I was saying that I dont want to pay people compliments!! Which is so not true. Yes, I know that I can tell them their hair looks nice but what I was trying to say is that it seems like people are waiting for you to say "oh you look so great too". Which is awkward because then it sounds like you're saying it because they said it first. Maybe I'm just an awkward person! lol. But yes, I usually try to come up with another type of compliment...
  • I knew what you meant ems! It's just that I got so many "you look different, did you change your hair" comments when I first started losing weight that it's become kind of a running joke!

Worst compliment I ever got was a guy telling me "if I'd known you look so good without all the weight I'd have snapped you up when you were single." Really? I am rarely speechless, but that did it - mostly because nothing I could think of to say included polite words!
  • Quote: Worst compliment I ever got was a guy telling me "if I'd known you look so good without all the weight I'd have snapped you up when you were single." Really? I am rarely speechless, but that did it - mostly because nothing I could think of to say included polite words!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

People can be really dense can't they???!!! LOL!!
  • Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

People can be really dense can't they???!!! LOL!!
    Yep - I am constantly amazed!
  • Quote: I knew what you meant ems! It's just that I got so many "you look different, did you change your hair" comments when I first started losing weight that it's become kind of a running joke!

Worst compliment I ever got was a guy telling me "if I'd known you look so good without all the weight I'd have snapped you up when you were single." Really? I am rarely speechless, but that did it - mostly because nothing I could think of to say included polite words!
    Yeah, not all compliments are nice! I got a similar one recently - "Oh, you're pretty now that you've lost weight!" Thanks for implying I was ugly before!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who post consistently for all of your positive vibes. I haven't been posting much - work and life have been so busy lately, but do hop on to read through and never fail to be encouraged by all of you!

I've been having a great 100% OP week and look forward to moving onwards and downwards.
  • Quote: I understand the compliment thing! I get embarassed especially if the person pours it on, then I'm like, 'okay enough!'. hee hee And I too want to say a compliment back or I'll tell them that my sister has lost a lot more on the same plan, just to get the attention away from me! Lol!
    Hawaii - I get the same thing sometimes and, depending on the person, I just tell them they are making me uncomfortable or ask if we can talk about something else. I mean, I love compliments but for people I don't know well to go on and on and on makes me really uncomfortable even if I know they are just trying to be nice.
  • Quote: Yeah, not all compliments are nice! I got a similar one recently - "Oh, you're pretty now that you've lost weight!" Thanks for implying I was ugly before!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who post consistently for all of your positive vibes. I haven't been posting much - work and life have been so busy lately, but do hop on to read through and never fail to be encouraged by all of you!

I've been having a great 100% OP week and look forward to moving onwards and downwards.
    OMG lighthouse! I can't believe someone would be so tactless!

I hear you on the busy - I should be working right now but, hey, breaks are allowed! Glad you are having a good week.
  • Quote: OMG lighthouse! I can't believe someone would be so tactless!

I hear you on the busy - I should be working right now but, hey, breaks are allowed! Glad you are having a good week.
    Thanks Ruth Ann! Its nice to hear others feel the same!

Lighthouse: People must not think before they speak! Thats crazy!

I'm feeling the last couple of lbs leaving, put on a pair of pants that feel more loose than last week. So, thats a good sign. I'll see on Tuesday what the scale reads. But, am so glad that I decided to go on the plan and have learned so much about healthy eating and how our bodies are affected. It just makes sense. Its not always easy but is it ever worth it!!
  • Quote: Its not always easy but is it ever worth it!!
    Amen to that!
  • I just wanted to pop by and let you know that after #4 weigh in I'm down a total of 9 lbs - I lost 1.8 lbs this week. I feel very positive about all this.
  • That's excellent Maureen! Great job!