JuLy BaBeS!!!

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • WTG Janine, you are doing great with the walking. Hope you are having a good time while hubby & son are away.

Kristi, sorry to hear about your FIL's arm, geez what a terrible thing to happen and to think it was from fixing a tire. I would have never dreamed something like that could happen. Yes, you/he is very blessed as it could have been so much worse, thank God it wasn't. Glad you guys had a fun time at 6 flags. You have guts lady! I am scared to death of roller coasters of any kind and you cannot get me on one. I get scared for everyone who gets on them. My sons absolutely love them. Of course I have a very sensitive stomach and can't handle them, anything with a lot of movement at a fast speed, ain't gonna happen.

Jackie, fried snickers?? That just sounds FAT!

Noelle, sounds like you had a good time at the movies. They both sound interesting. I hadn't heard of Whale Rider till you mentioned it.

Okay, was too busy yesterday and didn't get my walk in and was busy this morning and have yet to do my workout, but definitely will later. I have to have my time. Today is RS and bike ride day but I may end up doing a short walk, 1-1.5 miles. I definitely won't make my walking goal this month and I am very okay with that. I am mixing my routine up a bit so that I will continue to enjoy exercising instead of getting bored with it, so I will be doing less walking. My goal next month definitely will be lower.

Hope everyone is having a great day! I will check back later if I should happen to get a walk in. Take care ladies.

P.S. Just editing this post to add my miles. I did end up doing a 1.5 mile walk after all on top of RS and the bike ride.

July Goal~80 miles
    7/28/03~zero
    7/29/03~1.5 miles
    Total Miles 7/03~54.72
    Miles to go~25.28
  • Jnaine, WTG your doing a terrific job. Keep up the good work.....Cristi, I love roller coasters, but I'll admit there were times when I was thinking, " oh the things we do for our children." Even though I enjoy them 1 or 2 in the same day is plenty for me. Not running all over the park trying to get on every one. lol As for my stomach I can't handle the rides that just go back and forth, like those big swinging boat rides ugh! I just got the kids on that one and then waited. I should've done the same on the tea cups. We were spinning the steering wheel so fast in the middle that honestly I would've thrown up had the ride gone 1 min. longer. My head spins and my belly feel ewky just thinking about again right now. I didn't feel right the rest of the day. Never again! You are doing so awesome on your exercise and your additude is right on! I am so enjoying being your friend. Every time I get read your posts I feel so happy. Thank you!

MW 54......MB 46

Kristi
  • Hi Ladies
    This is going to be a quick one because I am so tired and sleepy.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Kristi, you are so sweet. I am glad you feel happy after reading my posts because sometimes I feel like I am whining or say something that I didn't think came out right. I totally feel the same way about you ladies. I can be in a grumpy mood and come here and I'm so much better. It gets me out of a mood so fast.

I actually did a 5 mile walk, well actually 5.28 today. I'm not trying to make goal because there's no way I could get that much done in such a short time but for some reason today I woke up and wanted to walk and boy did I. Now I am pooped. I wish I could get the eating down (not my throat ) like I have the exercising, boy wouldn't I be skinny? I am hoping this falls in place soon. Okay, I said this was going to be a quick one and here I am going on and on... Talk to you ladies tomorrow, have a good evenimg.

July Goal~80 miles
    7/30/03~5.28 miles
    Total Miles 7/03~60
    Miles to go~20
  • Hey ladies. I'm a little under the weather today but am feeling a little better after some medication and an afternoon nap. I am finalizing my mileage for the month of July at 56.7 miles. I have a busy rest of the week with a candle show tonight, the Farm Fair tomorrow and then we're heading off to Maui on Friday afternoon.

Cristi 5.28 miles, AWESOME! The eating part will come, I'm sure of it. We all know how to do it, it's just getting the right mindset.

Kristi I love roller coasters too, but the older I get, the longer it takes for me to lose that dizzy feeling afterwards. That can't be good. We don't have anything remotely like a huge amusement park here in HI so my rides are far and few between.

Jackie I do not have netflix, but checked out their website--thanks for the tip, it sounds like a great plan. I had to laugh at your last post"...so then I went on to psychology and found out that there are far more weird people out there than I ever realized..." Ain't that the truth !

Well, I gotta get ready to head out for the evening. have a great night all!

JULY GOAL: 80 Miles
    Miles walked 7/29: 2.5
    Miles walked today 7/30 0.00
    Miles Walked to date: 56.7
    Miles to Go: 23.3
  • Cristi, WTG on that long walk. Be careful though I got totally addicted to the long walk and now feel discouraged if I only have the time for a 4 mile or less. I'm fighting that though, because that's not who I want to be when this is all done. I want to be someone who's happy with walking a mile every day! But for right now my weight will not budge without lots of exercise!.......Noelle, Glad you're feeling better. It was the tea cup ride that did me in. We were spinning that thing so much I swear if the ride would've lasted one more minute I would've thrown up! I did not feel the same the rest of the day. The next time I will just waite in line with the kids and then they can go it alone!.......As for me, I'm about as down in the dumps as one can be. I wish I knew why. TOM is more than a week away, my kids have been good ( except they do no chores without being threatened), everything is good with dh, I haven't even had cross words with my mom in like a month! I feel like screaming, "what's the matter with me?" Although I know in a day or two it will all pass. At 39 (soon) could I be perimenapausal or whatever they're calling it now. Sorry to have gone on sounding crazy, I'll be back tomorrow and maybe back to my ole self! have a great day ladies!

Kristi
  • Good Morning Ladies
    I actually got a very early start this morning and I am feeling pretty good. I got my walk in, 4 miles and I may ride the bike later. I've got some errands to run in a few minutes but wanted to post while I had the chance and waiting on DD. Sometimes she is sooooo slow getting ready.

Noelle, sorry to hear you are feeling a little under the weather. I hope you get to feeling better for your trip this weekend so you can have some fun. You definitely have a busy rest of the week, just try and take it easy and not overdo it.

Kristi, yes I do know what you mean. I definitely won't be getting in the habit of 5 mile walks. My main goal is to do 2-4 but on the days I do other things I also like to get at least a mile in. I don't want to grow tired of walking. At 39 I think you could possibly be perimenopausal but seriously doubt it, it usually depends on your mother when she actually went through menopause or that's usually what they go by. I was having problems with TOM for a while, skipping a month here and there and that crossed the doctors mind but as she said even at 44 it is a bit young but does happen. I'm sorry you are feeling down in the dumps. I'm sending you some ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) and good vibes to help you through this. : : : I'm sure this will pass in a day or two.

Well, ladies it is the last day of the month, wow these months are going by too fast. I didn't make my goal, which is fine, I did come close. Next month I am making my goal for 50 miles even though I did more I just don't want to feel like I am killing myself to make this goals, which if I wouldn't have farted around so many days I could have made the goal, oh well. Here's to next month ladies. See you all next month!

July Goal~80 miles
    7/31/03~4 miles
    Total Miles 7/03~64
    Miles to go~16
  • Cristi, Thanks for the hugs and good vibes. I actually am feeling better allready. This is why I get so confused. These moments come unprovoked and then dissappear almost as fast. I think it helped that I gave my children all pen and paper and asked them what chores they are willing to do. Each wrote down 3 or 4 things and then proceeded to do them without me ranting and raving like a loon. My mother actually did go through mena. in her mid 40's and she was one that got no help and almost destroyed some of the relationships in her life. This is probably why I "over" analyze my moods from time to time. I don't want to put my children through what I went through. As for you, 64 miles WOW that's an awesome amt. of walking!!! YGG!! Do you ever keep track of bike miles or times or are these just something you like to do regardless? Do you always ride a stationary bike or do you ride a road bike also? I just think you are doing so good. You are definitely like my barometer I try to stay on track with you without competing, understand? Many days you are my insperation, because you almost always get out there and get it done before me. Thanks for helping me along once again this month. I plan to walk tonight, but I don't know how far. WIth all my long walks it's obvious I farted around too many days myself. I want to at least walk 2 miles tonight so I get as many as last month. I plan to WI tomorrow to get my ned of the month weight, but after Tues. I'm scared stiff. I had lost 4# this month, but Tues. I was up 5. Which sounds impossible, but I saw it! Wish me luck! Have a great day

Kristi
  • Kristi, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I swear you are going through what I went through with TOM. I thought I was losing my mind! The thing with me and the menopause, my mother had a hysterectomy when she was in her early 40's, I think she was 42 or 43 so never had to go through it. I also do what you do, over analyze everything. I told my hubby I wish I there was a button where I could just turn my brain off sometimes. I over analyze and I also am a worry wart, what a combo. It literally makes me feel sick when I worry, but I have been this way since I was a teenager. Half the stuff I worry about are things I have no control over anyway so there's no point in worrying but I do anyway. Your kids sound so well behaved, what are their ages? I think that is good they wrote down chores and did them, how sweet.

About the bike miles, I don't keep track of the miles, just the walking. The biking is mainly on the stationary bike and it does tell the distance but I just go by the time. I completely understand, I too use you ladies to keep me on track also and I don't feel like we are competing, any of us, just trying to make our goals and keep up with the exercise. I must say there have been lots of times that I did not want to do anything and I came here and you and Noelle have motivated me.

That does sound weird, you lost 4 but gained 5, hmmm Surely that can't be. Maybe it was jut the time of day you weighed, that can't be right. I wishing you luck for your WI tomorrow

Take care and have a GREAT day ladies!
  • Cristi, Thanks again for the encouragment! My children are dd nearly 10, ds 8, dd 6, ds 3. I guess when you see that in print that maybe explains why sometimes I feel coo coo!! But then again I too have been this way since I was young. I guess the difference then I could just go off and do whatever I wanted where now I have to stay home and be mom. Understand? I just lit the grill I'm throwing on a HUGE serloin. I got a tase for beef then I'm hit'n the trail!

Kristi
  • Hey ladies I started one called AuGuSt ArTiSts - Sure hoping you'll come on along!

Kristi