Challenge for the nerds! Walk to Mordor!

You're on Page 3 of 14
Go to
  • Oh this is cool - something visual to help with the walk too. And since all things Tolkien will become popular again, that's even cooler. A few years back my husband went as gandolf, my young son as Frodo, the baby as a baby hobbit and me as a peasant woman... maybe NEXT time we dress up I can go as one of the pretty, thinner women in the story! At 265 that seemed stupid (when we dressed up that's what I weighed).

So, I'm in. I have only 4 miles so far as I walked 3 yesterday and 1 today. I also have a step counter, but I won't count daily walking - just workout walking as I do a lot of walking. I'll count an hour of step aerobics (which I do once or twice a week) as walking 4 miles because I walk 4 miles in an hour.

Fun challenge!
  • Berryblondeboys, you have a Galadriel face! I can see it now!
  • First day logged 4.36 miles - I'm in view of the Brandywine Bridge!
  • Scorbett! Hurry! Get out of the shire! I just saw my first black rider during my morning walk/jog of 4.04 miles! (I jogged 2 of those miles!) No wonder that black rider came upon us though... my baby got tired of her stroller and started screaming bloody murder for the whole 2 miles back.

At 33.75 miles now. Now a stones throw left of the road, going slower (thank goodness, Frodo, I can't keep up with you!) Time for some Leslie Sansone this afternoon.

Anyone have a lembas recipe??
  • 7 miles logged this morning; 4 running, 3 walking
  • I'm so down for this!!! I plan to get a pedometer and count my steps and all forms of movement! Ah so exciting and fun
  • I get my bike tomorrow and then there will be lots and lots of biking to Mordor. Today I bought a bike computer (odometer - the biking equivalent of a pedometer) so I will be able to track how long my rides are. I am so excited!!!
  • I did strength training today, so no mileage, but cardio tomorrow! I'll be on my way to Mordor!
  • Quote: I did strength training today, so no mileage, but cardio tomorrow! I'll be on my way to Mordor!
    I walked a mile, but also did strength training today... Maybe we were throwing rocks or carrying heavy packs or wearing armor or heavy swords today.
  • I <3 it, Melissa! My packs were over-heavy at the start. Gained arm and leg muscles, but didn't cover much ground Today will go better.
  • Gatorgirl! There is only like a month of biking season left here and then 6 months of too icy/snowy roads! I wish I could do some biking, but I need to get one of those bike wagons to put my kid in... maybe I can find a used one though I probably won't get much use of it til the spring... I haven't biked in nearly 2 years now! Ugh!

Trom and Blondeberryboys, you definitely will need your strength for the walk.

I did 3 more Leslie miles yesterday afternoon for a total of 39.75, so now I'm off in the twilight beginning to sing! Going to meet the elves pretty soon! Plan to get to 46 miles today.
  • Another 3.39 miles yesterday - Hobbiton is behind me and I'm down the first slopes of Green Hill Country!
  • So I decided to not do pedometer but to just count miles done with Nike + on my shoe that involves me walking somewhre since it keeps track already I'm counting miles it's counted
  • Everlasting - I am lucky enough to live in the Sunshine State where bike season never ends.
  • OK, just updated my ticker. I'll do each journey separately. So, first one is to Rivendell - probably the nicest walk of them all.