Anyone interested in starting a 9 or 12 week challenge?

You're on Page 9 of 15
Go to
  • Also, great job on the 4 down!
  • Munchie- You'll get it! Losing 4 pounds in 2 days is hard but some of the weight is probably just water if you ate high in sodium foods yesterday

So I am flying to Florida next week for a job interview. (plus, my birthday is next week so it's a nice vacation/interview) I have a good job now but am looking into a career change.. and I'm terrified. This is the first interview I will be having as an "obese" person and I don't have my normal self confidence. I can't help but worry that I'll be looked at negatively for being overweight. I don't know WHAT I'm going to wear.
  • Quote: Munchie- You'll get it! Losing 4 pounds in 2 days is hard but some of the weight is probably just water if you ate high in sodium foods yesterday

So I am flying to Florida next week for a job interview. (plus, my birthday is next week so it's a nice vacation/interview) I have a good job now but am looking into a career change.. and I'm terrified. This is the first interview I will be having as an "obese" person and I don't have my normal self confidence. I can't help but worry that I'll be looking at negatively for being overweight. I don't know WHAT I'm going to wear.
    I worry about this when applying for jobs too. I think that confidence is key, and a big smile and preparation will overcome any prejudice your interviewer might have. I hate that we have to worry about that. What a crappy thing to have to deal with. Its not fair, but I do think the prejudice is real. I think you're going to do great, and that sounds like a really fun vacation. Just remember that confidence is key, and don't let yourself feel or act apologetic about your weight in front of the interviewer. You are qualified! You'll do great
  • kay- Good luck on the interview! I am so sure you will do great. Like Munchie said, confidence is key and if you appear confident then nothing else matters. Happy almost birthday too! My birthday is the 30th so we are close together lol

munchie- It's a good thing that you fell off but you are getting right back on! That's the hardest part. I'm sure most of what you gained was water weight so you should be fine for your dr.'s visit.

I finally broke plateau and lost 1 pound! Not much, but it's getting there. I stepped on the scale and saw 166.2 then got off and back on again and it was 174.5... really weird because my scale has always been super accurate. I wish it was the lower one, but I'm sticking with the high one unfortunately.

Hope everyone has had a good day so far!
  • Mirax- WAY TO GO! time and determination will set you free! Lol. I wouldn't have stepped back on, I'd have taken the 166, but that's just setting yourself up to fail. Haha. Good job busting that plateau.

I'm starting a diet blog! I've tried a Couple of times during a couple of my false starts but never stuck with it or the dieting. Im an English major and aspire to be a writer so a blog will be a great outlet for me, I think. Im going to post pictures of the food I eat each day, at least the yummy stuff, and recipes, and the food I eat and exercise I do each day. It's really just for me to be accountable to myself, but I put the link in my signature so that I have the accountability of knowing that other people might see it at any time.
    Does anybody else do a weight-loss blog?
  • Thanks! I'll just have to keep repeating to myself that I'm confident (and qualified!) until I believe it. Or at least until I can fake it in front of the executives at this company..

Mine is the 30th too Mirax And great job on breaking the plateau

Munchie, I do. It's on the left hand side under my name called "my 3fc diet blog". Looks like mirax has one too.
  • Ooh I see. I used to have one linked to my account on here but it won't let me sign into it. Lol weird.
  • Thanks guys!
    I have one but I haven't updated it I'm so bad... For me I wanted to put before and after pics to track progress so I should do another one soon.

Definitely will read your blogs!!
  • Hey everybody I'm new on here! so any tips are definitely welcome. My starting weight is 232 and I would love to drop 30 lbs! I've been doing the 100 workout and 20/30 minute of cardio and my thighs are sore!! My pitfall is definitely the food but I'm sure we're all going to be so successful. Yay us!!
  • Hey, welcome! Sounds like you are off to an awesome start and 10 pounds down way to go!

Food can definitely be hard to get in check. So are you calorie counting or on a specific diet?

Hope everyone is still doing great! I resisted a temptation to gorge myself with Denny's last night, so I'm feeling pretty good. It's so hard to say no!
  • Cyn88- welcome! Your plan sounds totally do-able. I think taking small steps toward eating better is the best option, and I love calorie counting! It's always worked for me.

Ugh. I lost two of the four lbs I'm supposed to lose before my dr.'s appointment this morning, so I'm back down to 256. And I'm depressed! I hate that I lost two lbs in one day but I can't be excited about it because it weight I've regained. I think I need to relax about weighing in lower at the dr's. I can just explain to her that I had a really rough week. I think my problem is that I want to prove that I really am doing well and losing weight. I think people look at me and think I have no willpower and I'll never lose weight because I'm so out of shape. And I so want to prove them wrong. and I think I let that stress me out, plus I got my check this weekend which always is a trigger to eat out. Before, I would order a cheeseburger and some Chinese food one day, then Mexican for lunch and pizza for dinner the next day, and so on until i ran low on cash. An average month I would spend like $500 on takeout alone, not counting going out to eat and fast food. I would order at least once while my bf was at work and dispose of the evidence, then order something when he got home. And maybe order dessert. So when my check came in, the first thing I thought was "ooh I can order anything I want." I have to figure out a way to break that mental addiction. On friday I ate a huge chicken quesadilla and French fries for lunch and a Philly cheesesteak and pasta salad for dinner. NOT diet food. It's no wonder I gained 4 lbs in one day.
    Anyway, I'm done feeling sorry for myself. I had poached eggs and whole wheat toast for breakfast, 240 calories of delicious!
    I'm thinking a tuna melt for lunch.
    How is everyone today?
  • Quote: Hey, welcome! Sounds like you are off to an awesome start and 10 pounds down way to go!

Food can definitely be hard to get in check. So are you calorie counting or on a specific diet?

Hope everyone is still doing great! I resisted a temptation to gorge myself with Denny's last night, so I'm feeling pretty good. It's so hard to say no!
    I LOVE DENNY'S! You're so strong girl! That's why you're looking so good I guess I wanted a fried egg and cheese sandwich SO BAD last night but I fought the urge and had poached eggs and toast for breakfast instead. Small victories!
  • Munchie- I knowwww it's horrible, right? The Grand Slam is my biggest downfall and my boyfriend always insists on ordering the nachos and dessert on top of it! It was so hard to say no lol. I know exactly what you mean about wanting to show others you can lose weight. I still refuse to go back to the doctors because it has taken me a long time to go from 192 (the last time) to 175. I'm afraid she will think it has taken me too long and I'm not doing it very successfully.

I guess we have to face the fact that this weight loss is for US and it is on our own time. Awesome job for getting 2 of those 4 pounds off, the rest will come right off just give it a couple days.
    MMM poached eggs you may have inspired my lunch today! :P
  • Great job on the 2 pounds munchie!! the rest will come off soon!

I was just as bad with fast food, spent SO much money on it. Ate like two meals a day, a big burger and fries or fried chicken and pizza. Even took the lettuce off my burger. Wow. I still can't believe I ate that badly! And it's still a constant battle to not fall back into those bad habits.. Last night I really did not want to go to fresh and easy to shop for my organic food, seemed like so much work.. So I hit the drive thru and got a cheese quesadilla. It's a constant battle.

Every day we get a little bit stronger
  • Mirax- I know I have to get over those hang-ups and worrying what other people think because apparently when I let it hang me up, I freak out. This week I have been as low as 251 and as high as 258. That's nuts! I've definitely thought about blowing off my appointment tomorrow, but avoidance fuels my weight gain, so I'm just going to bite the bullet and go. She's a little overweight and dieting too, so I hope she won't be too judgmental.
    Kay7jay- fast food is a huge weakness of mine. Eating out in general. It's like the idea that I can have anything I want just sends me over the moon, I get so greedy and it never gets old! But now I've realized I'm never going to get tired of binging, so I have to put a stop to it myself. also, I so want to eat completely organic. My boyfriend has worked at whole foods and earthfare, both all natural groceries. We're moving more towards it.

I had yummly tomato soup and half a pack of cheddar cheese crackers for lunch. I threw the other half of the pack away, which is wasteful, but it was the only way I could make sure I didn't eat them. Which is crazy because I don't even like crackers.
    For dinner we're going to seafood and I'm either having grilled salmon or a dozen raw oysters should be well under calorie goal for the day. At least eating out tonight will be healthy.