IP Daily Chat Tuesday 11/15/11

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Hi everyone haven't been on much lately... been sick and then super busy with work.

My losses have really sucked the last 3 weeks. I have averaged 0-1lb because of steroid shots. I just had my last one (hopefully) on Friday and I'm hoping to start seeing my losses come back to normal next week.

Hope everyone is doing great, and hopefully I will be able to be on more often now!
  • Hi everyone,

I could not sleep either last night, took forever to fall asleep and was up at 3:15 and could not go back to sleep...of course when the alarm went off at 5:30, i could've slept then, lol.

Wuv - What a fantastic NSV yesterday, i can't even imagine how good it made you feel!

Not much to report..just wanted to say hi!
  • Good morning everyone.

MustangMolly, I wanted to make sure to address this with you.
    I have been using Mio since week 2 of IP for me. My wife uses it as well, but not as often as me.
    I have some in my office at work and pretty much ALL of my water at night has Mio in it.
    I have probably 3-4 glasses a night WITH Mio in it, I don't think I have the best WI numbers, but I am pretty consistent, so I don't think that is causing your problems, in my opinion.

Hoping to be down below 20 pounds to goal weight after my WI at lunchtime today, I guess only time will tell.
    Everyone stay positive and stay OP.

It's scary to think that at this time last year I weighed 97 pounds more than I did, I lost 25 right before I started IP, so while I wont have lost 100 on IP yet, my total loss in the past 9 months could possibly break 100 pounds today, I am pretty stoked for that.

I will let you all know after my WI.
  • Quote: Good morning everyone.

MustangMolly, I wanted to make sure to address this with you.
    I have been using Mio since week 2 of IP for me. My wife uses it as well, but not as often as me.
    I have some in my office at work and pretty much ALL of my water at night has Mio in it.
    I have probably 3-4 glasses a night WITH Mio in it, I don't think I have the best WI numbers, but I am pretty consistent, so I don't think that is causing your problems, in my opinion.

Hoping to be down below 20 pounds to goal weight after my WI at lunchtime today, I guess only time will tell.
    Everyone stay positive and stay OP.

It's scary to think that at this time last year I weighed 97 pounds more than I did, I lost 25 right before I started IP, so while I wont have lost 100 on IP yet, my total loss in the past 9 months could possibly break 100 pounds today, I am pretty stoked for that.

Good luck wayward. 100lbs is 100lbs whether you did it all on IP or not. Good luck!!
  • Thank you Yvette, I have been bad this week, I broke my own rules, I have been weighing myself everyday lol, I know Lisa bad, bad Wayward.
    But the difference is I don't let it rule me, that and I am getting short timers syndrome so it's hard not too.
    According to my scale at home, which is 2 pounds lighter than the clinic I should still make it, but 3 more hours to go.
    A lot could change in 3 hours.

But we will see.
  • Back from my WI today and it was very interesting I thought. I was down just 1 pound today on their scale. However more importantly is I gained two pounds of lean muscle and lost 1 pound of fat. That was as exciting to me as loosing another 3 or 4 pounds on the scale. Just goes to show that the scale really doesn't always show the whole picture. My daughter also just lost a pound today, but her body fat just keeps on dropping and dropping every week.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
  • Great job Dana!!

and how exciting is that Wayward!!?? I am rooting for ya.... can't wait to 'hear' the news of your 100 lbs loss!!!! A-MAZING!!
  • Quote: Is it possible for me to have completed 3 full weeks and not yet have been in ketosis? I had a bad headache around day 3 or 4 but it has passed but I have not experienced the sweet breath or urine. I am wondering i my use of Mio is slowing my progress. I know some people only use it once a day-some use it all day, like me---and some don't use it at all.
    Molly, I started using it again this week, but I stopped. I really don't think it affects my WL, although I only lost a pound this week, but for me it gets my cravings going again. I guess it's just too sweet tasting for me and I only put one or two squirts in a big bottle of water. I have found it more helpful to just put a slice of lemon in my bottle.
  • Nice Dana,
    Yeah sometimes we get stuck on the big number, the last time I lost 1 pound for the week my lean mass went up 4 pounds and I lost 2% of my body fat.
    We have to remember not to fixate on one number but to look at the whole picture.

Grats!
  • Quote:

WTG Wayward. 100 pound loss is a 100 pound loss no matter where it happens. Awesome job.
  • Quote: Back from my WI today and it was very interesting I thought. I was down just 1 pound today on their scale. However more importantly is I gained two pounds of lean muscle and lost 1 pound of fat. That was as exciting to me as loosing another 3 or 4 pounds on the scale. Just goes to show that the scale really doesn't always show the whole picture. My daughter also just lost a pound today, but her body fat just keeps on dropping and dropping every week.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
    Dana - do they measure your body fat with something. If so, what do they do it with one of the scales that measure body fat?
  • Hello!
    Wayward- Don't feel bad about weighing yourself. I have been doing it more since I am getting closer to 199 and I want to know when I get there lol. I don't let it rule me either. Oh, and I hope you have a great weigh in today.
    As far as Mio goes, I use it off and on and don't notice any difference with losses. It sure helps me get water down faster though.
    I posted some clothes in the clothes thread and only one person has reponded so if you need any womens clothing in sizes 18-20 or 2x check it out. If no one takes them they are going to Good Will.
    Have a great day everyone!
  • Quote: Molly, I started using it again this week, but I stopped. I really don't think it affects my WL, although I only lost a pound this week, but for me it gets my cravings going again. I guess it's just too sweet tasting for me and I only put one or two squirts in a big bottle of water. I have found it more helpful to just put a slice of lemon in my bottle.
    Just as a reference, I use 3 squirts in a 12 ounce glass, every time.
  • Quote: Dana - do they measure your body fat with something. If so, what do they do it with one of the scales that measure body fat?
    I tried to find a picture of the device but I couldn't seem to stumble across it, I don't know the full name of the device, my clinic uses the BC1 to scan your body when you hold it.
    It takes readings of your body fat and hydration.

If I remember I will take a picture of it with my phone today when I do my WI.
  • Quote: I tried to find a picture of the device but I couldn't seem to stumble across it, I don't know the full name of the device, my clinic uses the BC1 to scan your body when you hold it.
    It takes readings of your body fat and hydration.

If I remember I will take a picture of it with my phone today when I do my WI.
    That would be awesome if you took a pic. I want to offer something like that to my program and would love to see what other clinics are using. I will look up BC1 in the mean time. Thanks!