IP Daily Chat Monday 10/24/11

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Great job on the WI that is awesome. This was a first outing for you OP and you stuck with it .....very proud as you should be of yourself. Remember when you are out and about with friends its all about the company not the food and drinks

Just got back from getting my nails done. She had a new PURPLE so yup I have purple nails.....LOVE this color, I am ready for Halloween...haha

Wuv , thank so much. Purple nails sounds very pretty. I will admit it was a challange at first when we sat down to eat but my husband and I looked at each other and said no at the same time. lol . He's doing so well. He started out at 350 on 10/10/2011 and he's now at 329.8 as of this morning. He still cant believe it and neither can our friends that saw us this weekend.[/QUOTE]

It is so helpful having the husbands on the plan too..although mine is losing so much faster...ergg. But I love the support.
    Best of luck to you and your hubby.
  • Quote: Thank you so much for this! I needed this and will check out Beck. When I am out, especially on weekends and try to surround myself with normal outings, I notice I am not as "fun" it's like I haven't trained myself or completely let myself have fun with out drinking or eating what everyone else is having. Sometimes people can even tell I'm kind of down. I am quieter, more standoff- ish. They ask if I am okay. I'd rather be a hermit sometimes than watch them drink beer and eat tapas and share them while I eat salmon on a bed of spinach. Some times are easier than others, but it's still a work in process.

Sometimes I force myself out so I don't force my VIP to be a hermit (he's a social creature...I am too but I have to work at it while on this diet). But yes people think I'm quiet too.

I actually recounted my post with one of my 'real life' (not online) supporters. She said "that sounds like any addiction, there will be weeks when it's hard but it will get easier."

3FC definately helps but so do the people off line. Definately thankful for both types of support!

FYI: the VIP said "it didn't taste that good anyway!" (he was shocked it bothered me) LOL
  • Quote: Great job on the WI that is awesome. This was a first outing for you OP and you stuck with it .....very proud as you should be of yourself. Remember when you are out and about with friends its all about the company not the food and drinks

Just got back from getting my nails done. She had a new PURPLE so yup I have purple nails.....LOVE this color, I am ready for Halloween...haha

Wuv , thank so much. Purple nails sounds very pretty. I will admit it was a challange at first when we sat down to eat but my husband and I looked at each other and said no at the same time. lol . He's doing so well. He started out at 350 on 10/10/2011 and he's now at 329.8 as of this morning. He still cant believe it and neither can our friends that saw us this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Its a great feeling to know how well y'all are doing and seeing the results. This morning when I was getting dressed I put on a shirt I bought a LONG time ago cuz I like it but never fit into it. This morning it fit and when I looked in the mirror I saw a DIFFERENT person....ME.....Someone I don't remember seeing for a VERY VERY LONG time. I was talking to myself, good thing my son wasn't home he would of thought I was going crazy. But what I have on today I can see how much I have loss. My nail lady when I walked in said How much now? (she is asian) I said 92lbs she said OMG 10 more lbs and you lose one of me.....I had to laugh but she is right. Today is the FIRST day that I could see the difference in me. I don't know where the months have gone because my world revolves around weeks now. I've been on the program for 26 weeks not 6 months. To me 6 months sound so much longer than 26 weeks for some reason. Its crazy how our minds work or think sometimes.

Anyways, I am glad you and your hubby support each other on this journey. Its going to bring you even closer than you were already
  • Quote: Wuv , thank so much. Purple nails sounds very pretty. I will admit it was a challange at first when we sat down to eat but my husband and I looked at each other and said no at the same time. lol . He's doing so well. He started out at 350 on 10/10/2011 and he's now at 329.8 as of this morning. He still cant believe it and neither can our friends that saw us this weekend.

Its a great feeling to know how well y'all are doing and seeing the results. This morning when I was getting dressed I put on a shirt I bought a LONG time ago cuz I like it but never fit into it. This morning it fit and when I looked in the mirror I saw a DIFFERENT person....ME.....Someone I don't remember seeing for a VERY VERY LONG time. I was talking to myself, good thing my son wasn't home he would of thought I was going crazy. But what I have on today I can see how much I have loss. My nail lady when I walked in said How much now? (she is asian) I said 92lbs she said OMG 10 more lbs and you lose one of me.....I had to laugh but she is right. Today is the FIRST day that I could see the difference in me. I don't know where the months have gone because my world revolves around weeks now. I've been on the program for 26 weeks not 6 months. To me 6 months sound so much longer than 26 weeks for some reason. Its crazy how our minds work or think sometimes.

Anyways, I am glad you and your hubby support each other on this journey. Its going to bring you even closer than you were already
    YAYYY!! LOOK AT YOU GO!
  • Good Afternoon Everyone, Beeen a super busy weekend and busy Monday as well!

Had my second weigh in and lost 6.5lbs & 14 inches, wow!! So thankful for all encouragement and wonderful ppl on this forum!

Will be back to chat later!
  • Quote: Good Afternoon Everyone, Beeen a super busy weekend and busy Monday as well!

Had my second weigh in and lost 6.5lbs & 14 inches, wow!! So thankful for all encouragement and wonderful ppl on this forum!

Will be back to chat later!
    AWESOME job on your WI.....time to change your info on your avatar....from the looks of those numbers you have gained a lb....hahah...and we KNOW that isn't right
  • Quote: Its a great feeling to know how well y'all are doing and seeing the results. This morning when I was getting dressed I put on a shirt I bought a LONG time ago cuz I like it but never fit into it. This morning it fit and when I looked in the mirror I saw a DIFFERENT person....ME.....Someone I don't remember seeing for a VERY VERY LONG time. I was talking to myself, good thing my son wasn't home he would of thought I was going crazy. But what I have on today I can see how much I have loss. My nail lady when I walked in said How much now? (she is asian) I said 92lbs she said OMG 10 more lbs and you lose one of me.....I had to laugh but she is right. Today is the FIRST day that I could see the difference in me. I don't know where the months have gone because my world revolves around weeks now. I've been on the program for 26 weeks not 6 months. To me 6 months sound so much longer than 26 weeks for some reason. Its crazy how our minds work or think sometimes.
    Those are the kind of victories that really help us through the tough times. Congratulations. When I finish loosing weight, I will have lost more than all three of my daughters who are 14, 18 and 21--so at least two aren't growing anymore and I'll only be 20 pounds short of having lost what my husband weigh! It's good to think of having lost that much rather than having weighed that much. Keep up the good work!
  • Quote: Another 3.6 pounds down, only 7.8 more to go! Personally, my weight loss gets harder and harder (and thus smaller and smaller) each week, but I'm hoping for phase two by November 7th (two weeks!).
    Down 3.6. Harder and harder? Smaller and smaller? What? Huh? Are you pulling our collective legs?
  • Hi everyone! Happy Monday
    WI #2 tomorrow - 2 days early - but if I don't go tomorrow - I will have to wait until sometime next week. I have been OP all week so.... it SHOULD be down. Wish me luck
  • aww. man. This thread is being pretty slow today!! Well all of them to be exact!
  • Quote: aww. man. This thread is being pretty slow today!! Well all of them to be exact!
    Well pep it up Jelly!!!....what time you get off tonight?
  • Quote: Down 3.6. Harder and harder? Smaller and smaller? What? Huh? Are you pulling our collective legs?
    No kidding. I'd take a "small" loss of 3.6 any week.
  • Quote: Well pep it up Jelly!!!....what time you get off tonight?
    Not until 8:15 tonight... its one of my 12 hour days today!! BLAH!.
    But Lisa, you would be proud of me. I went at got my car washed at lunch!! its all pretty right now!! Even vacuumed it!
  • Quote: Not until 8:15 tonight... its one of my 12 hour days today!! BLAH!.
    But Lisa, you would be proud of me. I went at got my car washed at lunch!! its all pretty right now!! Even vacuumed it!
    LOL....Funny you mention that I was just about to text Steven to see if I can bring mine through the wash tonight....he works til 730
  • Quote: LOL....Funny you mention that I was just about to text Steven to see if I can bring mine through the wash tonight....he works til 730
    haha... I just need a good air freshener in it now... So I am just getting ready to have another shake... I am going to try the Cappachino... Hopefully its good! I normally just stick with CHOCOLATE! but I am just about out!