IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/12/11

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Today is the day! I weighed 3 times to make sure. I am there. I have decided to celebrate my loss! I am going to buy a piece of clothing or jewelry. Although this time of year, it might be a Halloween ghost to wear to school!

I think I am getting in the holiday spirit with reading all of these posts on Thanksgiving. I bought some non salt pumkin pie spice . It says 0 0 0..so I put some in my crsipy cereal pancakes!
    Congrats! That's so exciting! Go shopping lady!

Quote: Good morning!!!

I don't know if any of you were big fans of the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, but I just bought some Pumpkin Spice coffee and used a little EAS creamer in it and it totally satisfies the craving.

I messed up yesterday and I really do need some tips. How do you handle a situation where you're going over to someone's house to eat, and you have no idea of the menu but you've been instructed there's plenty and you don't need to bring anything. I know I should have probably brought a veggie tray or something but I didn't and I wound up eating the toppings off a piece of pizza because I didn't want to offend her. It was just the 2 of us (plus kids) so it was very obvious had I not eaten anything. I could tell she put a lot of work into it (fresh mozzarella, sauteed spinach and mushrooms, homemade sauce). I wound up counting it as my dinner and moving on. I'm not telling anyone IRL about it because the whole low carb thing seems to be very controversial.

Next time I will bring a big salad and ask in advance what the menu is. I had no idea going into tonight and just assumed there would be something I could eat. My mistake. Thankfully I didn't really eat anything off plan (aside from the small amount of cheese, but I picked around the best I could, most was under the veggies). It's just really irking me because I didn't even want the food, it was the social etiquette that caused my lapse, and I had no plans of not following protocol, I just didn't know what to do.

So there's my confession, and the reason I didn't get back on the board last night. Other than that I'm still doing really well, loving the program. The simplicity is such that yesterday for example I took the kiddos to the zoo and when we stopped with our friends on the way home for lunch I could honestly say I wasn't hungry because I had eaten my sliced peppers and cucumbers on the way to the restaurant and had my bar in the car as a 'reward' for not eating anything off plan (not that I would anyways, even fast food doesn't hold the same allure it used to). All that walking though really tired out my legs and I even took an extra cal-mag last night to help with the craps. Anyone have that experience?

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
    I had the same "I'm not going to tell anyone" mind set when I started and the more people that found out, the easier it was to stay on plan. Honestly. Say, not your body, not your business if they have anything to say about it.

Quote: Good morning everyone,

Yesterday, I was so exited, I hit the 205 pounds after a long thanksgiving weekend and a birthday! I was so proud of myself and full of hope that soon I will be reaching onederland!

Today, I weighed myself to discover that I gained 2+ pounds!! I went through everything I ate yesterday, what I drank, the supplements I took, everything was 100% on program, I did not cheat or deviate from the protocol, not even a bit!

I don't understand! How can I gain more than two pounds in one day while still eating the way I do ?!!

The only thing that I analyzed that might have made a difference (although it should not be a 2+ pounds difference) was that I did not eat lettuce, I ate broccoli and cauliflowers for my lunch vegetables with an IP soup and for supper, I ate cauliflowers and celeriac. I did not exactly measure in a cup, but I rarely do, and I do believe that it was not more than two cups of the vegetables I had!

God... I feel bad... why did I gain? Am I doomed to be stuck over 205 pounds?!!
    Only count your weigh in once a week. If you want to record it, so be it, but it will continue to go up and down all week so it really doesn't count. Once a week at the same time of day if possible is enough.

Quote: Good Morning everyone! I feel great this morning! I stayed OP yesterday, did a full yoga session, and I weighed in at 123.4 this morning - officially 12 pounds down from starting IP 24 days ago. I hope everyone is doing well and having a great day!
    You are doing wonderful. Keep it up.
  • WI today and I am down 2lbs! Love it.
    I try to wear similar things when I WI. I do not wear exactly the same thing as I am down one size from when i started. I just wear a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. My jewelry stays on most of the time so I don't take any off and it doesn't weight that much anyways.
    I gathered up all the clothes that are now too big and plan on giving them to goodwill. It feels awesome to be getting rid of clothes that are too big instead of too small. I feel if I keep them then it is only too easy to go back to them instead of working harder to lose if clothes start feeling tight.

I can not find celeriac any place. I keep reading how people love it but I check just about everywhere around me. I live in a small town of about 2700 people but go to college in a bigger town. I can't find it there either. I am guessing it is out of season?

Anyways, hope everyone has a awesome day. I am off to class.
  • Good Morning all! WI #3 today
    2.4 pounds down and 3.25 inches lost and feeling Great!!!!!
  • Quote: I am wondering just how much salt is in the different IP foods? This is why I hate to add even more sea salt to my food.
    I'm sorry I can't help you. Since I moved to Germany in January I haven't been able to get IP products (sigh) and many products have been reformulated, and there is frequently a difference between Canadian and US products. But I do remember that chicken soup had 1200 mg, about what I get total in a day.

THere used to be lists of ingredients but I can't find them. Maybe someone else can, or your coach will let you read the boxes.
  • Quote: Today is the day! I weighed 3 times to make sure. I am there. I have decided to celebrate my loss! I am going to buy a piece of clothing or jewelry. Although this time of year, it might be a Halloween ghost to wear to school!

I think I am getting in the holiday spirit with reading all of these posts on Thanksgiving. I bought some non salt pumkin pie spice . It says 0 0 0..so I put some in my crsipy cereal pancakes!
    CONGRATULATIONS, a big party for reaching your goal... I am so happy for you. you have done so great.

Congrats!!!...job well done!!

Quote: Good morning. I wear the same type of clothes to WI each week and kick my shoes off before stepping on. That said, I think we all get hung up on WI a little too much. It's just what you weigh in that instance. I don't think you should do anything different before WI than what you would normally do that day. If you don't eat anything or drink anything or eat certain foods the night before, you are really just manipulating you WI number, not your weight. Sure, eating and drinking before WI will affect the number you see, but it will affect that number everyday of our lives. It's just a number, one that will flucuate throughout the day. It's great to see losses and keeps us motivated, but I try not to get too hung up on the actual number. It's going down and I will make sure that it stays down, but I want it to be a true representation of me, not a representation of a fish diet 2 days prior, drinking lemon juice, and fasting before my WI. That's not how I'm going to live everyday.
    This is how I think too, I am going by the way I feel and how the clothes are fitting me now. Of course I want to see the numbers go down but when they are slow it doesn't bother me cuz I can feel the difference.

Quote: Good morning everyone,

Yesterday, I was so exited, I hit the 205 pounds after a long thanksgiving weekend and a birthday! I was so proud of myself and full of hope that soon I will be reaching onederland!

Today, I weighed myself to discover that I gained 2+ pounds!! I went through everything I ate yesterday, what I drank, the supplements I took, everything was 100% on program, I did not cheat or deviate from the protocol, not even a bit!

I don't understand! How can I gain more than two pounds in one day while still eating the way I do ?!!

The only thing that I analyzed that might have made a difference (although it should not be a 2+ pounds difference) was that I did not eat lettuce, I ate broccoli and cauliflowers for my lunch vegetables with an IP soup and for supper, I ate cauliflowers and celeriac. I did not exactly measure in a cup, but I rarely do, and I do believe that it was not more than two cups of the vegetables I had!

God... I feel bad... why did I gain? Am I doomed to be stuck over 205 pounds?!!
    That is why I say DON"T WEIGH EVERY DAY....enough said!

Quote: Good Morning all! WI #3 today
    Great WI...congrats!!

Well I did not get the 3lbs I wanted but I did get 2lbs so I am at 300lbs even so I have lost 88lbs total in 25 weeks. I wore my new outfit to weigh in this morning and my coach said WOW, now I can REALLY SEE the difference....haha...I usually wear the same thing every week so this will be my weekly WI clothes now. I updated my pic with my Oct 2011 pic!!
  • Wuv - Love The New Picture!!
  • So had a hard time getting out of bed today! I have been pretty sore from practice.... But I think that its worth it... I have TONS of bruises as well! I did go buy my Halloween costume.. I am going to be a Bumble Bee!! I bought it a little snug, in hopes that it will look decent by Halloween!

I wear the same pants to WI and usually have a light weight tank or t shirt on. The pants are starting to be wayyy too big, So I will have to eventually have to do something else!
  • Quote: So had a hard time getting out of bed today! I have been pretty sore from practice.... But I think that its worth it... I have TONS of bruises as well! I did go buy my Halloween costume.. I am going to be a Bumble Bee!! I bought it a little snug, in hopes that it will look decent by Halloween!

I wear the same pants to WI and usually have a light weight tank or t shirt on. The pants are starting to be wayyy too big, So I will have to eventually have to do something else!
    Thanks Jelly!!...You will have to take pics of yourself in your costume so that we can all see how cute of a bubble bee you are Someone is going to think you took up fighting or wrestling if you have bruises and I find that I bruise sometimes really easy now
  • Quote: WI today and I am down 2lbs! Love it.
    I try to wear similar things when I WI. I do not wear exactly the same thing as I am down one size from when i started. I just wear a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. My jewelry stays on most of the time so I don't take any off and it doesn't weight that much anyways.
    I gathered up all the clothes that are now too big and plan on giving them to goodwill. It feels awesome to be getting rid of clothes that are too big instead of too small. I feel if I keep them then it is only too easy to go back to them instead of working harder to lose if clothes start feeling tight.

I can not find celeriac any place. I keep reading how people love it but I check just about everywhere around me. I live in a small town of about 2700 people but go to college in a bigger town. I can't find it there either. I am guessing it is out of season?

Anyways, hope everyone has a awesome day. I am off to class.
    Quote: Good Morning all! WI #3 today
    Quote: Congrats!!!...job well done!!

This is how I think too, I am going by the way I feel and how the clothes are fitting me now. Of course I want to see the numbers go down but when they are slow it doesn't bother me cuz I can feel the difference.

That is why I say DON"T WEIGH EVERY DAY....enough said!

Great WI...congrats!!

Well I did not get the 3lbs I wanted but I did get 2lbs so I am at 300lbs even so I have lost 88lbs total in 25 weeks. I wore my new outfit to weigh in this morning and my coach said WOW, now I can REALLY SEE the difference....haha...I usually wear the same thing every week so this will be my weekly WI clothes now. I updated my pic with my Oct 2011 pic!!
    Great weigh ins all around. I hope I can keep up with the 2+ pounds this week.
  • Good morning everyone...
    I too wear the same type of outfit each week for my WI's.
    I haven't weighed in with jeans on before and I wasn't going to start this week.
    I just took a pair of shorts in with me and changed when I got there.
    I mean that could add like another 2 pounds lol..

For whoever asked about the contents of IP products, Livestrong has all the product information listed for each product here:
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...ideal-protein/

I am on day 10 in a row of work, and day 6 in a row with less that 4 hours of sleep, it's starting to take a toll on me.
    I am looking forward to enjoying some down time.
    I have done all my to-do list projects, caught up on all the housework and plan on keeping it that way so I don't have to do anything this weekend but relax and catch up on some much needed rest.

I hope everyone is doing well, stay positive and stay OP!!

• Quote: Thanks Jelly!!...You will have to take pics of yourself in your costume so that we can all see how cute of a bubble bee you are Someone is going to think you took up fighting or wrestling if you have bruises and I find that I bruise sometimes really easy now
    Well Luckily they are mostly all on my legs which are pretty easy to hide! I work a 12 Hour shift on Halloween, so I will at least be wearing either Leggings or have some leg warmers!
  • Went for my 2 month check-up today, I have lost a total of 46.5lbs and 38.5" in exactly 2 months from my start date!

I love this diet, and all the great support I get from here has made it invaluable!
  • Quote: Went for my 2 month check-up today, I have lost a total of 46.5lbs and 38.5" in exactly 2 months from my start date!

I love this diet, and all the great support I get from here has made it invaluable!
    WOW Look at that Picture. I would even be able to recognize you! Keep it up Girl!
  • Quote: WOW Look at that Picture. I would even be able to recognize you! Keep it up Girl!
    EXACTLY what I was going to say WOW You are getting daring with your clothes even.....that is awesome!! Great Job Jodi!!