Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #46  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

It sounds like most everybody is doing well today! I love to hear y'all's positive news. I'm happy to report that my belly issues from last week are all gone. I still don't know if I had some kinda virus, adverse reaction to the re-introduction of 1 oz of milk, or what? But, I'm thankful that it is done. The bad news is that I haven't been able to get all of my daily water in since then. During the worst of it, I just couldn't force it in, it hurt. Now, I get a bloated feeling and drinking the water is turning me off of everything food or drink wise. I'm struggling, but still determined to get back to the amount I was used to. If you would have told me a few months ago that I would have trouble eating this small amount of food, I would not have believed it. I'm just waiting to get back to my "normal", wishing it was sooner rather than later. I hope everyone continues to have a great day!
Wuv and Jodi, love the photos. Y'all look so good!! I need a haircut. MUST MAKE TIME FOR MYSELF SOON!!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #47  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all!! Big HELLO to the lovely ladies with great WI's and stunning new pics, great job girls!!
TOM arrived this morning and all I wanna do is curl up into a ball for the day, just me, my Advil and a bottomless cup of tea....
And may I say...WTF?? nearly 5 months in and now my hair decides to fall out??? sigh** almost toque weather up here any how i guess.
Have a great OP day!!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #48  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

WUV - LOVE the new pic! You look amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post
Hello All,
I am starting the program on Monday. I am excited but nervous. I am glad i found this group. There is great advice on here. And great support.
I am shopping soon so I can be prepared. Can anyone give me some advice on salad dressings. I think i will have much better luck eating all the lettuce if i have a yummy dressing. I believe Walden Farms is the approved vendor but i was hoping you could suggest a few.

Good luck to everyone. Congrats to those of you doing great. I hope to be right there with you soon.

Thank you.
Good luck and I know you will do great! I actually really like WF's Thousand Island. I use oil & vinegar a lot as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
For those of you that weigh-in at a clinic-what do you weigh-in wearing?

I had on a pair of jeans and a thin t-shirt for my initial weigh-in but took off my shoes/jewelry.

Because I wanted to be exact that the changes on the scale were really my weight and not clothing, I have worn the same jeans (different t-shirt but similiar weight) each week. When I set my goal it was more of a goal that I have when I weigh in the buff in the morning-the added clothes/eating usually adds about 2.5 pounds by the time I get to the clinic.

I am a little tempted to start weigh-in in wind pants and a t-shirt as it would be closer to my morning weight (although still a bit of a difference). I am conflicted-should I just continue with the outfit I started in and hit my goal at home 2# before I hit my goal at the clinic( I would end up at about 128 at home)? or should I try to even out the numbers a bit?
My very first WI was with jeans - what I was wearing didn't even cross my mind. I WI last week in my work pants and will prob continue doing so to be consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!!!

I don't know if any of you were big fans of the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, but I just bought some Pumpkin Spice coffee and used a little EAS creamer in it and it totally satisfies the craving.

I messed up yesterday and I really do need some tips. How do you handle a situation where you're going over to someone's house to eat, and you have no idea of the menu but you've been instructed there's plenty and you don't need to bring anything. I know I should have probably brought a veggie tray or something but I didn't and I wound up eating the toppings off a piece of pizza because I didn't want to offend her. It was just the 2 of us (plus kids) so it was very obvious had I not eaten anything. I could tell she put a lot of work into it (fresh mozzarella, sauteed spinach and mushrooms, homemade sauce). I wound up counting it as my dinner and moving on. I'm not telling anyone IRL about it because the whole low carb thing seems to be very controversial. . .

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
I told myself before starting IP that I was doing this for ME and I wasn't going to let other people's opinions or feelings impact me. I show up prepared and with my drinks and packets in tow! I will give someone the head's up that I won't be partaking in their meal due to my dietary choices so they don't cook too much food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
Went for my 2 month check-up today, I have lost a total of 46.5lbs and 38.5" in exactly 2 months from my start date!

I love this diet, and all the great support I get from here has made it invaluable!
Holy cow - you have changed so much! Looking great and congrats!

Looking forward to my own WI tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #49  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

PaintLady - I'm shocked too at how hard it is to get in all the food sometimes. You would think it wouldn't be enough! I've always struggled w/ the water thing. I try and set mini goals throughout the day but I still can't seem to get it all down. Glad to hear your belly issues are so much better - that is never fun!

Last edited by misswinter; 10-12-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #50  

misswinter, I go through spurts, I've noticed. Day one, I was hungry, but made it through. Day 2 thru week 4, I was setting an alarm to remember to eat. Week 5, STARVING!! I have no idea why. Then, it went back to no hunger and has been that way through week 10, so far.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Today is the day! I weighed 3 times to make sure. I am there. I have decided to celebrate my loss! I am going to buy a piece of clothing or jewelry. Although this time of year, it might be a Halloween ghost to wear to school!

I think I am getting in the holiday spirit with reading all of these posts on Thanksgiving. I bought some non salt pumkin pie spice . It says 0 0 0..so I put some in my crsipy cereal pancakes!
I bought pumpkin pie spice too and apple pie spice! great in puddings and outmeal and coffee and shakes! And cereal pancakes! Soooo happy for you! congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Good morning. I wear the same type of clothes to WI each week and kick my shoes off before stepping on. That said, I think we all get hung up on WI a little too much. It's just what you weigh in that instance. I don't think you should do anything different before WI than what you would normally do that day. If you don't eat anything or drink anything or eat certain foods the night before, you are really just manipulating you WI number, not your weight. Sure, eating and drinking before WI will affect the number you see, but it will affect that number everyday of our lives. It's just a number, one that will flucuate throughout the day. It's great to see losses and keeps us motivated, but I try not to get too hung up on the actual number. It's going down and I will make sure that it stays down, but I want it to be a true representation of me, not a representation of a fish diet 2 days prior, drinking lemon juice, and fasting before my WI. That's not how I'm going to live everyday.
well said!!!

Quote:
Hello All,
I am starting the program on Monday. I am excited but nervous. I am glad i found this group. There is great advice on here. And great support.
I am shopping soon so I can be prepared. Can anyone give me some advice on salad dressings. I think i will have much better luck eating all the lettuce if i have a yummy dressing. I believe Walden Farms is the approved vendor but i was hoping you could suggest a few.

Good luck to everyone. Congrats to those of you doing great. I hope to be right there with you soon.

Thank you.
everyone is different. But I wouldn't waste your money on WF products. I would google some homemade Ideal Protein dressing recipes. I like apple cider with olive oil, lemon juice splenda and salt and pepper. some times I add a squirt of mustard and shake it up to keep a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Good morning everyone...
I too wear the same type of outfit each week for my WI's.
I haven't weighed in with jeans on before and I wasn't going to start this week.
I just took a pair of shorts in with me and changed when I got there.
I mean that could add like another 2 pounds lol..

For whoever asked about the contents of IP products, Livestrong has all the product information listed for each product here:
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...ideal-protein/

I am on day 10 in a row of work, and day 6 in a row with less that 4 hours of sleep, it's starting to take a toll on me.
I am looking forward to enjoying some down time.
I have done all my to-do list projects, caught up on all the housework and plan on keeping it that way so I don't have to do anything this weekend but relax and catch up on some much needed rest.

I hope everyone is doing well, stay positive and stay OP!!

Glad you will get the rest you need this week! Such good work ethic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
Went for my 2 month check-up today, I have lost a total of 46.5lbs and 38.5" in exactly 2 months from my start date!

I love this diet, and all the great support I get from here has made it invaluable!
Look at you hot stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am loving all these transformation photos! And WUV! Look at you! I love the hair and the picture!!! AMAZING!!! I don’t know about ya’ll but everyone all of a sudden seems to be noticing my losses and they especially see it in my face. People are shocked that I even needed to lose at least 30lbs. (fat hides well if you know what to wear)….
So yesterday I weighed in, I am 10lbs from my 135 goal. My body fat when from 32.7 to 25.5 in 3 months.
I still have a hate-hate relationship with my tummy. So…. not sure if I will go lower than 135, or just try and phase off at goal and workout out to get the tummy toned. I definitely will have to start back up intensely regardless. My coach would like to get me phased off by thanksgiving. I think I could go till mid-December right before 2 week break for holidays. we will see…
I am having an internal struggle with myself as I have this huge wedding in Tallahassee this weekend I have been looking forward to all weekend. And the wedding day is my BF of almost 9 years’ birthday. My coach wants me to ease off the plan and “reward” myself for the 2 days, but the thought of having a piece of wheat toast or even a glass of wine seems so forbidden and illegal. I also don’t want my stomach to be miserable.
So if anyone has advice let me know. I have my mango shakes and bars ready just in case. And some soy nuts packed for the road trip. My coach wants me to have mango shake before bed because she said it helps the morning after if I drink at the wedding…. Interesting….I figured I would not go crazy, just relax a little ex: have phase 3 breakfast, have a normal dressing, red wine/clear liquor, split a piece of wedding dessert, if it’s worth it….
Monday back to phase 1 to finish those 10lbs and whatever I gain from damage.

I haven’t gone off program the entire 3 months I’ve been on and I don’t condone cheating, so this is a struggle. But I do know that this will teach me that I can jump back into phase 1 after a cheat day during maintenance, because that’s my biggest fear in maintenance, letting ONE cheat day turn into a month of cheat days.

I’ll keep you posted on how I feel after the weekend and what I did.
/
Old 10-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 185/186/155

Height: 5'9"

Default New to IP

Started IP on Aug 6, 2011. Day after my birthday because my blood sugars were so high the Dr. wrote me a script for insulin. Blood sugars dropped sharply within a month to the point I became afraid and took a break. I want to start back but don't seem to have the same get up and go I had the first time.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 185/186/155

Default Starting Over

Although I had excellent results with my blood sugars, I never really lost any weight. Any suggestions for diabetics on the diet?
Old 10-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Loving all the new updated pix from you ladies!

Super congratulations to everyone!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie85 View Post
Although I had excellent results with my blood sugars, I never really lost any weight. Any suggestions for diabetics on the diet?
I am type 2 diabetic and not only has this diet completely controlled my blood sugars (to where I went from max meds to bare minimum) but also have quickly lost weight.

I recall reading something that if you are type 1 diabetic, you should follow a bit different protocol for safety. I think a google search of "Ideal Protein Diabetes" should find various articles.

Not sure why you wouldnt lose massive weight on the diet unless you dont have much to lose or if there is something you are inadvertently eating which would throw you out of ketosis? (ketosis may be not recommended for type 1 diabetics, so that may be one of the challenges)
Old 10-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #56  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
Loving all the new updated pix from you ladies!

Super congratulations to everyone!!!
You as well! I see that you have a new picture too!! I am liking the facial hair!!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #57  
Dee2

S/C/G: 196/186/145 (JC 5-11)

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the idea about the pumpkin pie spice. I must try that!
I am so happy for all of you who have had good WI days! Love the new pics, keep them coming
I'm having a pretty good day. Discovered some new teas to keep at work. Hard to believe they don't have any cals or carbs when they smell absolutely heavenly!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Hello All,

Thank you.
Gosh, everyone likes different things when it comes to the WF stuff but I will tell you that I don't want any of them on my salad!! Would rather do an olive oil/vinegar for just lettuce. (aside from using chipotle ranch on a taco salad and thousand island on a big mac in a bowl) I use their products MUCHOS for other stuff though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I just do the "Oh, that smells/looks so good!! I can't wait to be able to eat this again. Your (fill in the blank) is one of my favorite things to eat and one of the things I miss most. Promise me that you will make this again for me when I can eat it..." I'm from the south, so asking for that lets the person know you really love it and want it and makes the other person feel good and show how much you appreciate them making it for you. It may not be the same mentality everywhere. Also, I don't know how much info you want to put out about your diet, but you do need to give them a general guideline of what you can have. You don't have to say you are doing IP if you don't want to, but make up an excuse and give them some kind of heads up about the food. If I went to a lot of trouble to prepare something for someone and they didn't eat it, I would wonder if it tasted bad and I would feel bad that I cooked something they were allergic to. Food is very important around these parts, lol!! And, this is the same thing basically. Right now, we are allergic to carbs and fat, lol!
That is a great way to say it. I am open about IP and honestly I am proud to be because well clearly it has worked for me I don't really care what anyone else thinks about it! No matter what anyone says its healthier than what I was doing prior!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Well I did not get the 3lbs I wanted but I did get 2lbs so I am at 300lbs even so I have lost 88lbs total in 25 weeks. I wore my new outfit to weigh in this morning and my coach said WOW, now I can REALLY SEE the difference....haha...I usually wear the same thing every week so this will be my weekly WI clothes now. I updated my pic with my Oct 2011 pic!!
Awesome!! Love when you get a new pic Congrats on an awesome 2 lb loss!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #59  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
WOW Look at that Picture. I would even be able to recognize you! Keep it up Girl!
Thanks! A good friend of mine's mom asked if it was me when I posted it on my FB (by itself) - I was like, um, yeah! LOL (woohoo!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
EXACTLY what I was going to say WOW You are getting daring with your clothes even.....that is awesome!! Great Job Jodi!!
Thanks Wuv! My daughter (almost 14) has been picking out my clothes since I have had to buy them again.

You look fantastic too! You are such an inspiration... I only hope I can be at 88lbs when I hit 25weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
Holy cow - you have changed so much! Looking great and congrats!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post

Look at you hot stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!

Last edited by JodiM; 10-12-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #60  

Really having a good IP day today. I only have to drink two more 16 oz glasses of water to make my minumum. GO ME!! For lunch, I started with a small lettuce salad with oil and apple cider vinegar and seasoning. Then I had 2 cups of sauteed zucchini - YUM! Seriously my favorite vegetable. Finished with the crispy cereal with a little cinnamon sprinkled in. So full now! But, I managed to get some lettuce in today and am well on my way to drinking all of my water. I may even be able to drink enough to have an extra cup of coffee today. I am a java junkie. Oh JOY!
Closed Thread