Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #91  

I just got 2 free Quest protein bars in the mail. I ate the choc. brownie one that was 170 cal. and 20 gr protein! Very filling. Anyone else tried the Quest protein bars?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Congrats to all who lost today! Lots of great WI to help keep motivation up!

In regards to WI clothes, I always wear the same thing. It is crazy, but I want true WI's. If I wear the same thing every week, then I know if I lost 1#, I really lost 1# and not because I was wearing something that weighed more the week before. It's not about manipulating the scale, I just want true readings.

In addition to that, officially, I go by my scale at home, weighing in in my birthday suit. I started IP at home on alternatives, so my official starting weight and my starting weight at my clinic are 2 different things. I will hit goal when I get to it at home, in the buff, and then declare goal at my clinic. Because in the future, I will be tracking my weight at home when I am not going to the clinic anymore.

Someone asked about dressings, and I use Good Seasons. I can't stand WF and can't do the fake stuff, so olive oil, apple cider vinegar and seasonings is the dressing for me!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #93  
Dee2

S/C/G: 196/186/145 (JC 5-11)

Height: 5'4

Those of you discussing weigh ins with different clothing etc: I find clothes weigh about 2 lbs +/- about 1/2 a lb. I would never remember to wear the same thing (in fact, it never occurred to me). But I do check my weight in the morning and that is the # I am going by officially. I can't believe I never thought of stripping down at the clinic! LOL. I do at home!!

one question: I have lots inches everywhere and I'm happy about that...but man is my abdomen SLOW! It's barely coming off there at all. Anyone else notice that?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

I just got back from weigh in number 5 and I'm down 3. something pounds - can't recall the exact number! Certainly about time since I was up last week.

My overall loss for 5 weeks isn't great - just over 12 lbs.
Hopefully this will be a better week especially since I haven't strayed at all.

I've decided to give up a few things until Friday so I can check another Ketostix as I'm hung up on the fact that it continually shows "negative". I've stopped having sugar-free metamucil (aspartame), gum (stride & dentyne fire), Realemon juice from concentrate & Moroccan-Style Mint tea which has stevia listed. Other than those things nothing else is questionable.

If the Ketostix still shows negative then I'll attribute it to the amount of water I drink per day.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #95  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post

Someone asked about dressings, and I use Good Seasons. I can't stand WF and can't do the fake stuff, so olive oil, apple cider vinegar and seasonings is the dressing for me!
I use this as well... way better than WF.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #96  

Default questoon

Hello all this is my first time posting!
i have a few questions for you. i am having a very hard time eating all of the 2 cups of veggies. Is that considered cheating, and how will this affect me and my weight loss. I have done well this first two weeks, i lost 9.6 pounds in two weeks. Please help
Old 10-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #97  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 164/127/135

Height: 5'3"

One more day of "real" life before I get into IP on Friday!

One of the things that I'm most looking forward to is the control in my diet. I feel like at this point I am unstoppable; I'll eat whatever I want, whenever I want, without thinking. I'm excited to follow a strict protocol and get myself in check.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #98  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsswalden View Post
Hello all this is my first time posting!
i have a few questions for you. i am having a very hard time eating all of the 2 cups of veggies. Is that considered cheating, and how will this affect me and my weight loss. I have done well this first two weeks, i lost 9.6 pounds in two weeks. Please help
I would not consider that cheating.. You are staying on program, just not eating all of the vegetables. Most of us found that we need the fiber of the 2 cups of vegetables and of the 2 cups of lettuce. Try shredding the zuccini and putting it in an omelette..or cut up chunks of raw cucumbers or radishes. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #99  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Thanks so much to everyone for your support. It has been a good day. My coach calculated 69 inches lost.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #100  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Thanks so much to everyone for your support. It has been a good day. My coach calculated 69 inches lost.
Ok Maile, have to ask are you going to post a goal picture? I have lost 68 inches so far
Old 10-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #101  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2 View Post
Those of you discussing weigh ins with different clothing etc: I find clothes weigh about 2 lbs +/- about 1/2 a lb. I would never remember to wear the same thing (in fact, it never occurred to me). But I do check my weight in the morning and that is the # I am going by officially. I can't believe I never thought of stripping down at the clinic! LOL. I do at home!!

one question: I have lots inches everywhere and I'm happy about that...but man is my abdomen SLOW! It's barely coming off there at all. Anyone else notice that?
Yep, I have been meaning to ask when my abdomen will go down as well. Not that I look pregnant or anything but when I look down I see boobs and stomach, don't like it one bit. I'm REALLY hoping that it will go down as well. I'm hoping some maintainers will read this post and comment on this.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 147/127.5/130

Height: 5'3 3/4"

I am in week 2, and I don't use any of the restricteds. Anyone else not using them and does it seem to affect your loss? I find the bars too small to use up as a meal. I dilute all my drinks to 12+ ounces to stretch them out, so I couldn't imagine a little bar for breakfast and that counting more against me than a big beverage. Thoughts? Also, not sure if this is listed anywhere or not, but for my dressing I use olive oil, apple cider vinegar and a tsp or so of the raspberry jello mix. Yummy raspberry vinaigrette!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #103  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
I am in week 2, and I don't use any of the restricteds. Anyone else not using them and does it seem to affect your loss? I find the bars too small to use up as a meal. I dilute all my drinks to 12+ ounces to stretch them out, so I couldn't imagine a little bar for breakfast and that counting more against me than a big beverage. Thoughts? Also, not sure if this is listed anywhere or not, but for my dressing I use olive oil, apple cider vinegar and a tsp or so of the raspberry jello mix. Yummy raspberry vinaigrette!
I do use the restricted as that was what I was taught. But unless it's the maple oatmeal that I am eating for breakfast, I use my restricted offering as an afternoon snack. I did try a bar for breakfast once but found that it did not fill me up and I was hungry very quickly. If you decide to use restrictive, maybe just try playing with the schedule and how how it works. Good idea on the dressing!
Closed Thread