The Onederland Express - Hop on Here!! #5

You're on Page 14 of 34
Go to
  • Carri!!! Saw the news report about the stage collapse at the state fair. Report in, please!
  • Morning everyone....Hope you all had a good weekend...I had a VERY busy one so I feel like I need another one !!!

I got back with Auntie G on FB and told her I wasnt at the state fair that night, but the whole situation is terribly tragic, especially when you see the five people who lost their lives...you can see the whole story plus footage on cnn.com if you havent already heard about it ....its so horrible...she was so sweet to check on me

I am still struggling and trying to get back on fully, slowly but surely...but I know that even though I am struggling that I still need to check in here...I am here for the good and the bad ...we all have those times...

Auntie G - Good Lord, I didnt know you were SO close to Onderland...2 pds? You are going to be there in NO time ....you are doing a GREAT job !!!

Arabella - I am with you, ready to retire, guess I probably cant get that done at age 37 though ....haha, but I would love it ...too many bills

Susie - I have the opposite issue...dh is very tidy and I am not up to par with how he wants things, haha ...so we tend to argue about that too ...right now the house is in need of some serious late summer cleaning...if I could be home a full weekend I would do it...hopefully this weekend we can tackle it.

Hi Mel, Shalyn and LukesMom !

Its gonna be another great week of weather here, so I will be out and about to enjoy it ...could use more rain though....yard looks hideous and I am sick of watering it....well hope you guys have a good day. see ya !

Carri
  • Hello. I am enjoying this beautiful weather we are having in Ohio. It seems to put everyone in a great mood!

I am taking a vacation day tomorrow and going to the US Open ATP tournment here in Cincinnati, OH. We actually have the evening session tickets (going to be tired on Thursday morning!); we will go a couple of hours before the evening session and watch some of the games on the practice courts and hope to maybe get some autographs. I'm looking forward to the day with DH.

I did pretty well with my quest to get back on plan yesterday. I logged my food; I didn't work out, but I am meeting a friend to do that tonight.

Luke's mom: I think that 6 week walking challenge sounds like a good thing. I googled it but couldn't see it as I am not in WW; but I did find some free walking plans for a 5 k and I'm evauluating them. We have a local 5 k on Thanksgiving Day and I'm thinking of training for it--to get me back in the groove with workouts. I won't run it but will walk it. I'll keep you posted.
    I'd like to hear how you are doing on your challenge.

Carri: I'm glad you were safe at the fair! I saw that on the news and it's just awful.

Arabella: If it weren't for the income part, I would retire as well! Have a great week--it sounds like you have some good plans for while DH is away. Hope you see your efforts on the scale soon.
  • Ok major MIA here...but I am still here! I hope everybody's doing well....

Carri - I hadn't heard about that, how terrible! We need more rain here too, but definitely enjoying the weather.

Susie - How did your workout with your friend go? How was the open? Hope you had fun! Good luck with getting back on track, I know you can do it!

Arabella - Yeah that income thing is really annoying isn't it?? I've been very frustrated by it lately, I would so much rather spend my time with my babies than annoying customers/bosses. I've been trying to rework our budget to somehow live on DH's income, and without our mortgage, we could do it! So I guess we just need to live in a cardboard box.

Lukesmom - Ultimate walking challenge?? What does it consist of? Sounds good, anyways! I've started biking lately, I'm really enjoying it but I did walking for most of my weight loss journey! It's really good for you, no question there.

Well I had a good few days off and then I was sick for a few days, lost a few pounds that way but they came back on, so sitting around 132. I had riding lessons on Tuesday and we rode bareback, which was awesome! I'm planning on a few more days holiday soon hopefully. Well anyways back to work, hope everybody has a great day!
  • Morning Girls, still hanging in there I guess...tomorrow is the day I stop drinking sodas, which will be hard...I dont know why I got back on the kick of drinking them for the last few weeks but oh well, gonna be drinking alot of Starbucks green tea ( no sugar ) to get some caffiene and try to ward off the caffiene wdl and headaches....also gonna start back on plan on Saturday...I am just sick of over eating and feeling bad about myself, got to get my butt back into gear already.

So wish me luck, gonna be hard to start...but I know once I am back on it will be so much better for me all around.

Hi to everyone, gotta get back to work.

Carri
  • Hi Everyone. Been busy at work this week, and when I go home the last thing I wanted to do was to get on the computer. So, sorry I've been MIA.

I somehow managed a small loss .25 lb at my meeting last night. At least it wasn't a gain.

As I sat there, I kept thinking to myself "what is wrong with you? why do you sit here week after week and really show no loss, you get to a 5-10 lb loss and slowly gain it back".

Well, I don't have the answer to that yet, and when I figure it out, that will be the key to my success. That lead me to the thought that why I'm working on the physical things, in order to win at this, I need to work on that "mental" part as well, and really, I don't, what I do is push that mental side down or to the side and I really do it with food.

Liz and the rest of you who have come a long way on this journey, did you have issues with eating for emotional reasons and how did you overcome?

Carri: I've let soda sneak back in so I'm going to start tomorrow with you. We can do this..we did it once and we can do it again! this time for good!!

Liz: So glad to see you back. That is really cool that you rode bareback!
    Sorry to hear you were sick and I'm glad to hear you are better now.

Looking forward to seeing more posts from everyone.
  • Susie - I think the same thing a lot ..."what is wrong with me?" Why do I keep getting so close to Onderland and then go right back up to the 220's and 230's? I don't have the answer either...and I know how frustrating it is...I guess something just has to click ...it did for Liz ...maybe she can give us some helpful insite...
  • Susie- I definitely have those "whats wrong with me?" moments. After my baby was born in May, the weight seemed to melt off so I wanted to take advantage of that. I was 3 lbs away from my first goal...3 lbs! Then I quickly gained 7 lbs back. Of course I then hit a plateau. Now I'm having to work really really hard at it...counting every single carb that goes into my mouth...and walk walk walk! It's definitely not just melting off now and I wonder "why did I let myself do that?! I was so close" Just don't give up! Maybe something in your eating plan needs tweaking to give your body a boost? I wish you the best of luck...stay strong!
  • Happy Saturday! One pound down today, which I know is good, but boy, is it painful being so close and yet so far... Gotta run, will get back to catch up soon. Have a good weekend, everyone!
  • Thank you so much Carri and Shalyn for your support and replies to my question--when I typed my post I truly felt like I was the only one who struggled with that sort of thing.

I have decided that I need a "goal" outside of a number on the scale to focus on and so I decided that I'm going to train for a 5k walk/run event that my Y holds on Thanksgiving morning. I will walk it and my goal is to walk it in under a hour. I found a training guide and will begin it on Monday so I can follow along with it as it is written out.

I will also start sharing my food again on here starting with my post tomorrow. I have gotten "forgetful" in daily recording it.

Auntie: you are so close to your goal and taking a lb off now is a major accomplishment! Good job.

Carri: Today is the first day of "no soda", we can do this!

Shalyn: You stay strong too; looking forward to your posts!

Hi Mel, Arrabella, Lukesmom and Liz--hope to hear from you soon!
  • It looks to have been a quiet weekend here!

I have a upset tummy today--so Carri I am sipping ginerale--might qualify as soda but it's what makes me feel better.

I am getting in some water too and lunch today is jello. It is amazing how that tastes so good when you have a upset stomach!
  • Good afternoon all ...getting back on slowly but surely ...

Susie - yes go ahead and have your gingerale, I have been there - sometimes that works so well on your stomach ...I had an 8oz serving of Mountain Dew with lunch ...trying to have a little each day this week until I go cold turkey this weekend....dont want to do it all at once because don’t want to feel like crap. Hope you get to feeling better

My morning did not start off so well...had to take my dog Les to the groomer and right when we got there he decided to take a dump in the back seat of my car ( not the new one ) ...so I was already running late and now I have to clean up this mess...and the car smelled SO bad....so I am ready to put this day behind me, haha ...however we have no "good" food in the house, a bunch of junk ...so I need to go to the grocery after work and get all my good foods again.

I don’t know if I have asked this before, but I need some new lunch ideas...my sandwhich and baked chips are getting very boring...I bring my lunch to work everyday so need some good new low cal ideas....anybody got any?

Hi to everybody and have a good day.

Carri
  • Its too quiet here girls ...

Okay so since I started back on yesterday thought I would weigh myself this morning and put on my real weight and just face it ...so 226 is where I am starting...glad it is not back in the 230's , which is where I normally always end up after falling off the wagon.

Wish me luck all ...have a great day....miss ya!!

Carri
  • Hi Ladies,

I'm feeling better now--thank goodness! I only had to sip ginerale and eat jello for about 24 hours and then started feeling like myself again.

I gave myself the week off from working out. I'm actually considering training for a 5k Run/Walk event that takes place in my town on Thanksgiving morning. I will be a 'walker' but would like to be able to do it in less than an hour. So this week why I have been "off" from working out at lunch time, I've been looking up training programs.

Has anyone else ever trained for a walk? or done a 5k walk race?

Carri: Your Monday sounded like a rough one for sure!
    I pack my lunch too and I bring a lot of leftovers, sometimes I bring a Healthy Choice meal, in the winter I tend to do a lot of soup at lunch time.
    For me, it's best if I have a variety.

Where is everyone? You are missed!
  • Morning girls ...day three started....yesterday night was a rough one...didnt feel too good, I know it was due to change in diet...but I got thru it and trying to be positive that I will feel better today...I actually am needing some good sleep. Last two nights havent been able to get a full nights rest and I think it is catching up with me.

Well I am trying something new for lunches this week and I am liking it so far...I am making turkey wraps on a low carb wrap with cream cheese and chives spread...I need to get some veggies to put on but don’t have any and won't be going to the store until this weekend. I also am having a few pretzels with some spicy hummus to dip them in......yummmmmmmm ....love hummus, and the spicy one is the best. I know it would be better to dip veggies in it but that doesn’t do it for me, I need the crunch ...but maybe need to find something with less sodium than pretzels.

Susie - glad you are feeling better. I have never trained for anything like that although I have always wanted too, and I think you should...and I like you would be the walker...my Dad used to run when I was younger and I tried to do it with him but I just hate it ...and it is so hard on the knees as well...and you can definitely do that in under an hour...that is quite a lot of time for a little over 3 miles ( if I am right on that )...so you go ahead and train, great goal to have and get.

How is everyone else? Hope you all have a great day.

Carri