off-topic

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Now look here, girls. It seems to me that something is missing in these conversations of late.
    Kat has asked for a kick in the butt. So has Den, Soozie, and a few others.
    I have a novel idea.
    Why don't we try to lose weight!?!?

By some weird freak of nature, I (having gained back the 3 pounds I'd lost last week) am back down to 189. Despite having eaten copious amounts of heart attack food in the last couple of days.

I suggest we AT LEAST try to eat relatively healthy food up until Christmas. Instead of abandoning hope. Otherwise we will all be starting the new year wearing a fresh, ten pound bag of potatoes on our butts.
  • Im with you Ellis. I have been dipping into the candy bowl lately. Still eating healthy meals, and working out, but nonetheless, I need to step away from the candies.
    Virginia
  • Off topic? There was a topic? You mean this is NOT about sex, jokes, food, periods, music and other exotica? Hmmmm.

Well, since you insist, I will join in the group- and self-buttkicking. I am "holding" at 211.5 but do have my BS (blood sugar!) down to 8.1 heading for a normal of below 7. However, I am eating too much of the wrong stuff - still have the other box of those Rocher chocolates.

I'm in! We may not lose but we should not gain.
  • I ate three or four more of those Rochers this morning...thank goodness DP or should I say #%&*in'P only bought one box...sorry Ruth...get those things out of the house! and I ate two mint milano cookies...after I ate my on program breakfast.

So, I'm totally with you Ellis. Let's really get going. I probably won't get the the gym today...they close at 1:00pm on Sat and Sun but there is no reason why I can't work out at home...I'm going to do it. I'll check back in later and let you know what I did. Then I'm going to call a babysitter to watch my angel so I can work out at the gym tomorrow.

Now I feel really nauseus...I don't know how to spell that word but you know what I mean...from eating all of that stuff. Yuck!

Lets go girls...lets eat well and keep losing weight!
    Love, Soozie
    A holiday gift to ourselves.
  • Well, I'm low carbing it these days to try to get the BS whacked down and resisted a lunch invitation today which I knew would lead to chips and a burger bun. Came home and ate some chicken and salad. I feel so virtuous!
    ME!

I am wrapping those damned chocolates and putting them in my DD's box to be mailed!

I AM GOING TO WIN THIS DAMNED BATTLE!
  • My Mom and I agreed (We're on this diet together, she lives with me) that we would have a free day once a week, and while it hasn't caused a lot of trouble as far as losing (except for that whole steroid thing with my period problem I had around Thanksgiving) we've both been managing to lose steadily. The problem is we feel so sick, and gassy after we eat the junk. So, because we are tired of being up all night due to nausea, and gas we are going to stop the once weekly free days and stay on program all of the time. If we give in and eat wrong once in a while so be it but it will no longer be scheduled. So yeah, I'm there with you, sign me up.
  • I'm in! This IS a weight loss website, is it not? I'm committing, right here and now, to avoiding that 10 lb sack o' holiday taters on my A$$!

Thanks for the wake up call, Ellis! love ya!
  • Yes, reality checks are good every once in awhile. I suppose I could get my butt off this chair and go for a walk. I did hang holiday lights yesterday and I cleaned the garage today. I got a puzzle book so I would stay out of the munchies. I have to find something to do if I am stressed. I walked yesterday at a craft show, carrying a 2 year old. But what I need to do is start excersicing again. I know I won't completely buckle down and diet til I am on my own but I can get started and not lose any more ground! ~flower
  • THANK YOU ELLIS!!! If we can keep it together until the holidays, it will be easier to keep it together during the holidays.

CONGRATULATIONS ON RE-LOSING THAT # POUNDS!!!!!
  • Gosh, I just started WW a week ago yesterday, so I'm still
    in the "honeymoon" period and have yet to fall off the wagon.
    So if anyone needs a swift kick in the a** I've got my boots on!

Here's a "motivational" story for you ...

Last night at the Mexican restaurant, I told myself before I even got there that I would sip on a Diet Pepsi as I waited for my soup, and that NOT ONE tortilla chip with salsa would go into
    my mouth. Even though I was ravenous and the chips and salsa looked soooooooo good (and DF was downing them like no tomorrow) I held my ground and DIDN'T EAT A BITE.

By the time my soup came, I really was good and hungry for it, and I left the restaurant with just a mild feeling of fullness.

This was a major step for me as in years past, I probably would have easily put away 20 or 30 chips before my meal even got there ...

WE CAN DO IT GIRLS! WE CAN LOSE WEIGHT OVER THE HOLIDAYS!

S.
  • Hey !!!!!! Good for you Sabrina! That's the way to stick with it. It feels good when you stick with a plan doesn't it? You go girl!
  • I'm in too!

DH and I went to price club today to pick up some food for the Christmas party we are having.

The little extras we bought besides fixings for real food:

1 large bag of licorice allsorts
    1 large box of Cadbury's chocolate finger biscuits
    1 box of Lindt chocolate truffles

.... on the condition that it all remains sealed until Christmas Eve and is put out for the party! I will behave...I will behave...
  • YUM!!! LICORICE ALLSORTS!!!!!

I've started buying candy and other treats too, and the kids have been pleading for "just one piece" every day!!! I refuse to open them (even though I feel kinda mean denying them) because I KNOW if I do they'll be gone by Christmas!!!
  • Den-stay strong girl! Christmas eve is not that far away.

My plan is to eat well and healthy, not eat goodies and save myself for Christmas Eve/Day when I will eat whatever I want in reasonable portions for 2 days.

I don't think is the actual 2 days that affects me every year. I think it is the little bits and bites of snacking from December 1st onward that accumulate and turn into the 5 lb gain by Jan 1st.
    I haved vowed not to do that this year-so far so good
  • Allsorts! Love them! I'd forgotten about them! I WILL NOT BUY THEM!!! They are soooo British but not as Brit as Marmite - which they have at one of the local food stores! (over in Portland, Ellis and Mauvais!)