The Onederland Express - Hop on Here! #4

You're on Page 19 of 35
Go to
  • Liz-It is hard to stop drinking diet soda! I have cut back to just one a day and normally have propel water the other times.

Susie- Hey at least you are walking on your breaks thats great!

Carri- Yes my scale is still hidden lol Sounds like we both need to hide them until Sat!

Had a busy morning running errands, got a little trim since I am trying to grow my hair out but the ends needed it!
  • Last week was not a total success for me and Monday found me up 3. I've been on plan since Friday, though, so hoping to see something good next week.

Satine, I usually make big batches of stuff that I can portion out and take to the office. Chili's good, or main-dish salads. I like a quinoa-lentil salad or something like that. Brown rice/veggie salads, that kind of thing. Congrats on your loss! You and I are neck and neck again. Let's go lower now...

Auntie g, hope DH's actually getting settled into a job and things are starting to get on an even keel for you!

Susie, good for you fitting the walks in where you can! I find that since I've been wearing the pedometer I'm so much more motivated to get the steps in and always find a way, even if I end up walking in place watching TV.

Liz, presentations terrify me! Luckily, it's not something that I have to face often. But I always feel like I'd like to get more comfortable with it. Yay for those ones being over, anyway!

Mel, sounds like you've been productive -- always feels good to get any area of the house in order. I'm puttering away at my place and each thing that gets done, I find myself looking at it and smiling. Open the tidy cutlery drawer, gaze in and smile fondly.

Let's make this a good one!

• Morning ladies!

Carri - For lunch I usually do wasa crackers and veggies like baby carrots and red peppers with a couple of tbsp of hummus, and a few ounces of chicken or turkey (usually deli meat...I'm trying to make my own but so far I'm lazy). Easy to pack and take with you, anyways! I don't do too much variety though.

Susie - Absolutely going with the flow is great, you are still moving and that's wonderful. A lot of the time if I couldn't do what I planned I'd say screw it...and look at you, just figuring out what will work. You go girl!

Mel - Hope you get a more relaxing day today!

Arabella - Your pedometer sounds fun - I should look at getting one! Maybe that would motivate me to get out there more. Especially now that I won't get frostbitten the second I step out the door.

Work today for me....this week has been good exercise wise...I went swimming on Monday night with my friend and we really did well...then this morning I took the dog and Katie out for an hour walk first thing after breakfast. I'm trying to gear myself up to do C25K again...I started it a long time ago but then fell off the wagon. Hope everybody has a great day today!
  • Arabella- I am sure the weight will come off since you are back on track. I love seeing stuff clean as well. A clean house is a happy house lol

Liz- Yay for going swimming! I can't wait to do a lot of that when it gets warmer! Good luck with C25K, I got rid of my treadmill so its a no go for me.

Scale is still hidden and I am still OP. I have realized that I am going to have to count everything I eat everyday for the rest of my life and its kinda scary. I want to reach 168 and maybe less after that so if counting will get me there then thats what I have to do. I would of gave up by now if it wasnt for you all so THANK YOU!!!
  • Thank you too Mel!!! You are so right, this is just the way it is, forever. Right now, I feel like I could happily do this forever if I can stay the way I am today (or get smaller!! )
  • Liz- You have done so well and I am so impressed by your progress and dedication! I am so happy for you and glad you found what works for you. I hope to one day be where you are!
  • Rainy and cold here today. So glad I could workout at lunch because I know I wouldn't go back out tonight to the Y to workout if I had too. I just want to get home, get my sweats on and hang out with DH.

I was happy with myself today during my workout. I got on the elliptical planning on going for 10 min then switch to the treadmill. When I checked to see how many minutes I had been on (I cover the display with a towel because I can't stand to see the time all the time), I had been on there for 12 min and I thought to myself..today I'm going to finish on the elliptical and I did...30 min.

Also, I told you about the book I'm reading "Made to Crave" and it's about satisying your deepest desire with God, not food. There is a verse they give to think about when craving something; even if you don't use it as a scripture it is a very good thought "Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial"-1 Corinthians 10:23

The author wrote that the verse/thought empowered her to make a beneficial choice rather than wallowing in being deprived of an unhealthy choice.

When I read that, all I could think of is "pigs wallow" and I don't want to be a pig!

Mel: I'm so proud of you for saying you will do what you have to do to get to your goal even if it is a bit scary to think about!

Liz: Great job on the swimming. They say to get more out of your exercise program you should train to compete in something...I say go for it!

Arabella:I've been thining about getting my pedometer out

Cari: Through the week I bring a combonation of leftovers, soup, and pre-packed meals.
    You are right..we can overcome the soda...we don't have to have them and they really won't benefit us!
  • Didn't get the greatest night's sleep last night. I was out to my writing group and so often find when I'm out at night that I don't sleep well. I probably need to meditate more, do more stress relief stuff. I should just go ahead and listen to the guided meditation for sleep that I have. I always think I just want to go to sleep right away and don't want to take the time. Then, two or three hours later, when I'm still awake...

Susie, good for you, getting in your walk! So easy to let things slide when our regular routine isn't possible. Having a usual routine helps me a lot, though. I need to set one up for myself when DH is away because he's the one that keeps us to a routine usually. But, as I say, having the pedometer makes sure that I get in my 10k steps anyway. Every day since Christmas, still.

Liz, I'm planning to do C25K in the spring, too. I do "run", but very very slowly and I'd be thrilled to do a 30-min 5k. I think the last one I did 41 minutes. Congrats on your

Mel, you're so right -- if we stay on track, the weight will come off. There's just no question. So often I get caught up in various ploys to take weight off and put more emphasis on them than just eating less. That's got to be central for me.

Carri, Auntie g

Let's go out there and WIN this one, girls!

• Morning Girls !! I had my first cheat night last night ...had a good review at work and got a raise so I thought I would celebrate with pizza...I am so bloated today...but I deserve one once in a while

Mel - so often I get a little depressed because I think "yeah, I have to do this forever, I will have to struggle to lose the weight and then I will have to struggle to maintain it, FOREVER..." so I understand where you are coming from, I know from past experience ( and like Liz said ) that once you have got off alot of it and feel pretty good about yourself that it is ALOT easier to stick with it and see yourself doing it forever...I just gotta get my mind around it I guess...

Arabella - I have a friend here at work who just told me this morning she is going to get hypnotized for weightloss at the end of this month...I dont know how I feel about that but am interested to see her results, I might go with her just to check this out.

Susie - i was so proud of myself last night, even though I had a cheat meal I didnt have any soda...normally I have to have soda with pizza but I didnt...just water....so getting into the groove of the no soda thing now

Liz - I agree with Mel - you are our golden girl, you have done such a great job and I cant wait to be where you are...

Hi Auntie G !!!!

Still rainy and gloomy here, has been for the last four days...but it is better than snow so I will take it. Have a good day all.

Carri
  • Susie-Sounds like you had an awesome workout!

Arabella- I hope that you can get some sleep tonight. I was just laying in bed for hours trying to sleep last night and couldnt either

Carri-Congrats on the raise!! Like you said a cheat meal every once in awhile is ok. I am hoping when I get to 168 I wont be so hard on myself and think that I am always failing. Its still gloomy here too

Ok ladies the scale is still hidden and I am still under my calories. I wont lie I have been craving bad food but have been able to not put it in my mouth lol I am also still doing only one diet soda a day. Weigh in is only a few days away and I am hoping for the best!
  • Mel - Sounds like you're going to have a good number on the scale! You're doing great! And I'm starting to think when I get to goal I'm going to hide the scales...and go to weighing every few days or something. Although the number doesn't bug me as it goes up and down, I think it's not a very healthy fixation, all the same. Right now, I weigh 2-3 times per day!

Carri - Thanks, but I don't know about golden girl! lol The real test is forever, don't you think? Weight loss is hard but everything I've read says maintenance is harder. I'm hoping it's not true. Thank goodness for the support of you guys!!

Arabella - Sorry you're not sleeping well! Things are just so much harder without sleep. I "run" slowly too...I always say I shouldn't call what I do running, haha. I don't know how long it would take me...we'll see when I get my butt in gear to get started!

Susie - Good for you on your workout! I cover up the time too....I find I stare at the clock willing it to go faster, lol. I like that quote, it's so true...I've been trying to work on asking myself if what I'm reaching for is good for me. It's a process.

Anyways ladies crazy day today with the earthquake in Japan and the resulting tsunami....sending prayers out to everyone affected. Scary stuff.
  • Hi! I had back to back meetings yesterday and had to get work done in between them and I didn't get a chance to make it here.

I did get my lunch time workout in though! I thought about skipping it so I would have a little time and then I thought to myself, "A little time for what? work? NO...I am more important to that and I am entitled to my lunch time so I'm working out". It felt really good!

I had a .75 lb loss last night at TOPS. I was frustrated it wasn't more...I sure have been working harder than that! but, I"m glad it's a loss and I'm losing some of that weight I gained last week. I can't move my ticket yet but that is my goal right now to get that gain off and get that ticker moving!

Liz: Who cares is you run slow...you are moving!

Carri: Look at you...no soda with pizza! Good job! and congrats on the raise...that is something to celebrate for sure!

Mel: Stay strong!

Arabella: I agree with you about trying to stick to a routine...it does help. I hope you will use the mediation and you will be able to get some sleep. Sleep is very important to weight-loss.
  • Liz- I used to weigh 2-3 times a day and it drove me nuts! lol

Susie-Yay for the lunch time workout! And yay for a loss!

Sorry I'm doing a fly by post but Logan is home since he doesnt have school on Fridays so he keeps my busy! Yay for fridays!!!
  • Hi girls- just a quickie, but finally GOOD news! DH starts his new job on Monday- hallelujah!!! Tomorrow's my sister's 40th birthday and we're going out to celebrate, so needless to say, I won't be re-starting any sensible plan til at least Sunday (maybe Monday), but there's hope...

I'll try to do a little catch up over the weekend. Have a good one, everyone!!!
  • Yay for your good news, Auntie g!

I'll be back!