^*^September Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome^*^

You're on Page 54 of 59
Go to
  • Dallas you could make some pesto. I grow basil and used to make it a lot. I know it's got a lot of EVOO in it, but you can make a smaller amount. And EVOO is a healthier oil

3 cups fresh basil
    1 cup EVOO
    1/2 cup Pine Nuts (I've substituted shelled sunflower seeds in a bind)
    2/3 cup grated Parmasan cheese
    2 tbsp minced Garlic

Put basil in blender and pour in a little of the EVOO and blend to make a paste. Gradually add the rest of the ingredients until blended smooth. Yummmmmmm!
  • Raven, that's a great idea! Thanks!

I ended up snacking for dinner... too hungry to spend time cooking and figuring out...

500 calories from morning...

strawberry oatmeal snack 130

turkey slices w/hummus - 200

tortilla chips/salsa - 250

Bowl of Smart Start - 500

1600 calories and one liter of water at 6:30 (I did leave the diet coke sitting there and switched to water earlier)

Going to walk my dog Emma at 6:30 and then the gym with a friend at 7:45, in time to watch the Britney Spears Glee at 8:00. I'm not a huge Glee fan by any means, but I think this one is going to be good.
  • Vixsin- Congrats on 15 pounds... we match now!

I sure want to get to know everyone. I guess be patient. I don't know how you read each post and respond... by the time I get to the end I can't remember who was who yet! I wonder if I can show more posts per page?

well- I still haven't gotten my house cleaned from the party on Sunday and it is starting to get to me. When things are in disarray I get easily confused and it kind of stresses me. Am thinking of skipping tomorrow mornings cardio. I go tomorrow evening to lift weights with my trainer and could get in about 20 minutes before hand. Not sure what to do. I just know I need to have a lot of energy tomorrow to get a lot of housework done.

Stacy
  • Hey all~
    It's been a day. I had to run out shopping this morning and forgot breakfast. Bad me. Got home, was focused on the paper that was due yesterday and had not finished. About 11 I stopped and grabbed a quick baby bell cheese and a plum figuring I would give it 15 more minutes to finish that page and then get something to eat. Well, then got hit with a migraine. I was out for the rest of the afternoon.

Did not get my paper finished. I felt better about 2:30. Had two plums but haven't had the stomach for anything else.

Everyone else is having leftovers for dinner tonight because I am NOT cooking. I am going to have veggie soup and some bread. I'm also going to have a piece of bread and my honey butter for dessert.

If I eat both slices of bread then I will be at 903 calories for the day

Ok, going to go take a shower and see if I can feel better.

Roxanne
  • Oh and let's not discuss my water intake for the day....fail
  • Quote: I sure want to get to know everyone. I guess be patient. I don't know how you read each post and respond... by the time I get to the end I can't remember who was who yet! I wonder if I can show more posts per page?
    Don't feel bad. . . I have to take written notes .
  • 9-28-10

120+ ounces water
    Zumba 20 minute express workout (according to my go wear fit I burned over 200 calories) - my first real workout in a very long time and it feels good.

Breakfast:
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake

Lunch:
    Quinoa
    Nectarine

Snack:
    Fiber One Bar

Dinner:
    Chicken Breast cooked with green beans and fire roasted stewed tomatoes
    2 slices roast beef with cream cheese

Approximately 1300 calories.
  • This will be a quick post tonight. I hope everyone is doing well.

TTOM is starting for me. I won't be looking for any major losses for the next few days. Hopefully, I will at least maintain. Worst case scenario 1-2 pound water weight gain.

Total Approx 1420 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
    spritz olive oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 cal
    Handful of spinach
    2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
    high fiber English muffin 100 cal
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream
    juice 75 calories

Lunch: (320 calories)
    Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
    1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
    2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 30 Calories
    Romaine Lettuce Leaves
    Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
    Snack Pack of Sliced Apples 40 Calories
    Oikos Yogurt 90 Calories

Dinner (735 Calories)
    Sliced Roast Beef 300 calories
    2 Orders Turnip Greens 200 calories
    Green beans 100 calories
    Steamed cabbage 100 calories
    Snack pack carrots 35 calories

Exercise:
    TF Fire 45 EZ
    TF Fire 30
  • stacy: What I do is open up a tab on my browser to read the posts and then open up another tab on the reply section. That way I can read a post and click on the next tab and comment on that post Or you can take notes like mamap suggested. I hate on the post reply page that it doesn't go back nearly far enough to read through everything.

roxanne: Sorry to hear about your migraine! Talk about the worse time to get one. Hope you got your paper finished!

So like I said, I woke up with weight gain. I went to a doctor's appointment and they doubled my antidepressant. Now, it is supposed to be a newer, more "weight neutral" drug, but for those who are or have been on antidepressants, you know that EVERY one of these medications has the potential for weight gain. I wonder if this may be hindering my loss this week. I've only been on it for 4 weeks, so I may just now be showing side effects. Now I'm doubling it. This made me unhappy so I stopped at the store and we made tacos tonight. Sighhhhhh, when am I going to learn???? I need a swift kick in the behind. Any takers? lol

Have a good night, guys!
  • OMG!!!! I was almost finished the 15th page of the paper. Finally...and one of my classmates lets me know its only a 5!!!!!! page paper! OMG!!
    sigh, at least its done. I have to proof it tonight is all

Added a snack for 100 calories, got my calories up to 1000 for the day but my stomach hurts so I don't think I am adding anything else.

Trying to get some water down.

Tomorrow is hump day.

Raven:I feel for you.
  • The evening started off strong with a 35 minute hard walk with my dog and then 60 minutes and 714 calories on the elliptical and a few laps on the small track to cool down.

I had a spinach salad with a new balsamic vinegrette (very low cal) when I got home... and then an individual salt/lime popcorn... and then some cheese crackers... FAIL.

1950-2000 calories for the day. Almost 1000 burned. 2 liters of water consumed. Vitamin taken. And a gym date for 7:30am with a friend. Going to try to get to sleep now!

Quick point of interest... these last two workouts have me so confused. I'm out of shape, but I'm somehow knocking out these "A" game workouts. I'm not sure how I'm doing it without having worked up to it, but it feels great... and as I mentioned, CONFUSING. At the top of my game, 800ish calories per hour and that's years ago when I was succeeding. ALSO, I like to gauge my health levels by sweat. I remember talking to a friend in college after a workout and her sweat being like water. Nowadays, when I'm out of shape and water intake too low, it takes weeks to work up to optimum healthy sweat... I had it tonight! Once again, confused, but pleasantly so. I hope I can keep this level up.

Goodnight everyone!
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Raven No swift kicks here, but I will give you a hug. Today is a new day.

Roxanne Good grief! I couldn't imaging doing a 15 page paper but it only needing to be 5. Very frustrating!

Dallas I also gauge my workout by how much I sweat. I do drink a good amount of water and always have. When I workout I sweat a lot!
  • I'm trying to climb back on the wagon after my sis' visit {Not fair to blame her, LOL, because I'm ultimatly in control of my own choices}. I think every once in a while I need to fall off the wagon to see how important being accountable really is? I've been keeping track of my foods during my 'break' , but stopped counting cals. Maybe if I just post something I'll get with the program again. Little, bitty, baby penguin steps

September 28,

coffee

chicken salad
    squash casserole

apple with PB

burger patty with smoked gruyere
    peas
    new potatoes

ice cream
    banana
    reddi-whip
    {its TOM, I had to do something!}

Total =

Exercise
    Ped = 4,402
    35min cardio/weights circuit

Weight,
  • Penguin Hi Welcome back!
  • Good Morning!
    The scales were up a bit due to my late dinner part deux.
    I just got back from the gym (50 minutes and 570 calories on the elliptical).

I'm having dinner with an old friend tonight so I'll have to try to balance out my day.

I'll check in later!

Welcome back Penguin! I think posting can be one of the hardest parts when you don't feel like you've been doing well so well done.