OOPS!! - a place to talk about cheats, off protocol foods/products, NO-NOs

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Lady... Ne vous inquiétez pas! Tout nouveau départ, et vous serez amende. Qui sait, peut-être qu'elle aura secoué votre corps un peu, et vous aurez une perte encore plus importante cette semaine.

Move forward! You can do it!
    wish i knew french, it's so pretty! sandy, you'll move on and get through this, i've been there(about 4 times come to think of it) and i'm 9 lbs away from goal. averaging 2.5 lbs per week, still pretty good in my book and you're doing fabulous as well!
  • Thank you everyone for the kind word ! What is done is done, and now, GO ! I'll do it.

I've printed the thing I've writed earlier and put it on the mirror, so'll look at it every day and stay focused.
  • Quote: Thank you everyone for the kind word ! What is done is done, and now, GO ! I'll do it.

I've printed the thing I've writed earlier and put it on the mirror, so'll look at it every day and stay focused.
    Great idea Lady! It's always nice to keep a reminder handy to give us a kick in the pants when we need it. I stick a post-it note on my computer at work every morning with my current weight so I can see how far I've come. It keeps me going during the day and is a gentle reminder to hang tough. I'm going to have quite a collection of sticky notes when I'm done!
  • 2 vodka, 2 glasses of red and one beer. 2 tsp of coffee iceceeam.

make that 3 vodka and 2 beers, forgot about the one drink prior to leaving house and one after coming back.

really odd though: I am not out of ketosis, just checked; I am very dehydrated but not out of ketosis.
  • Well, I can't believe I did this ---but I had a cup of real fast food coleslaw and some cashews today. It has put me around 300 calories, 35 grams of fat, and 30 carbs over for the day ---- and of course I had 2 diet pepsi's also.

This is my third week on IP and TOM is coming soon. I can't believe I slipped up like this.

I am taking control now, though, and will not let this spiral out of control. I have to remember I am down 14 pounds and this can really work!!

Anyone have any ideas of what to do when it seems like cravings and hormones go haywire??
  • My daughter is having a bbq/slumber party today for her birthday...we made burgers - with lean beef (4 oz each so I can have one)...problem=I love cheese... So, today is day 20...and I had a slice of pepper-jack cheese on my burger patty... 90 calories, 7 grams of fat, no carbs though... Shame on me - but I figured if I didn't fess up to it, then it would be too easy to do again!
  • mmmmm, chips and salsa and vodka waters tonight-hello old friends, i have missed you so

my coach/boss recommended i take an official cheat day since i've been on for awhile. she recommended pizza, fast food etc. i'll settle with my mega thin chips and burnin' hot salsa and some alcohol. time to relaxxxxxxx

see you tomorrow again IP!
  • Quote: Well, I can't believe I did this ---but I had a cup of real fast food coleslaw and some cashews today. It has put me around 300 calories, 35 grams of fat, and 30 carbs over for the day ---- and of course I had 2 diet pepsi's also.

This is my third week on IP and TOM is coming soon. I can't believe I slipped up like this.

I am taking control now, though, and will not let this spiral out of control. I have to remember I am down 14 pounds and this can really work!!

Anyone have any ideas of what to do when it seems like cravings and hormones go haywire??
    Sorry today didn't go on plan. Just remember every moment and every choice after that slip gets you back on plan and in ketosis.

Premenstrual is a hard time. Some of us learned habits during this period that show up again for our 1st TOM while on IP. For me, it was remembering that what I wanted was probably habit. I also have learned to increase my chromium picolinate with a supplement from the store during that 10 day window (pre and TOM) which, helps control sugar cravings. Another thing to remember, learned this from my Dr, women burn an extra 100 to 400 calories a day during that same 10 days. SO, maybe you are hungrier so, plan that if the overwhelming need to cheat occurs you will INSTEAD have a hard boil egg, extra IP packet, or other item that won't take you out of ketosis. My Dr also told me that many PMS type symptoms are combated by a little extra omega oils (primrose oil is a common one recommended for PMS since the 1980's).

Quote: My daughter is having a bbq/slumber party today for her birthday...we made burgers - with lean beef (4 oz each so I can have one)...problem=I love cheese... So, today is day 20...and I had a slice of pepper-jack cheese on my burger patty... 90 calories, 7 grams of fat, no carbs though... Shame on me - but I figured if I didn't fess up to it, then it would be too easy to do again!
    I hope you enjoyed the party! Your choice wasn't on plan but could have been worse. Cheese with no carbs will not stop ketosis. It does add the calories and fat but even that isn't a problem for your weigh in if you let this be the only off-plan moment of the week.
  • great advice to elle, carla. i never knew we burned more during pms. dang ice cream cravings HAVE A REASONING!
  • Quote: Well, I can't believe I did this ---but I had a cup of real fast food coleslaw and some cashews today. It has put me around 300 calories, 35 grams of fat, and 30 carbs over for the day ---- and of course I had 2 diet pepsi's also.

You know, I keep a jar of dill pickles for when I get those cravings, or am hungry between meals. Something about the salt and vinegar really helps a lot. I prefer the zesty ones that have a little spice. Good luck!
  • Thanks for the ideas Stacey & Carla!!!

I do think I need to change my habits during this time. Going to stock up on dill pickles, and boil some eggs to keep ready in the fridge. Also, planning to keep some extra chocolate drink IP packets around for cravings.

On a good note -I am down another pound this morning (maybe from extra walking and shopping yesterday)--- hopefully today I can drink lots of water, plan ahead, and get back on program.
  • Today was a cheat day by no fault of my own...kinda.... I have been so strict and i thought i would just have a little reward, so I ordered a sugar free frappaccino with soy at starbucks. I STRESSED to the guy it has to have no whip and no sugar and only one pump of the sugar free with just a dap of soy milk... well...I haven't had anything artificially sweetened in a LONG time, so I didn't notice the taste so much at first, but after a while...It really tasted super sweet to me. Well, I just kept sippin and about 45 mins later i was so sick, nauseaus and dizzy. I checked my blood sugar and it had skyrocketed to 154!! WTF? my blood sugar has been great since I had my baby 15 months ago (I had GD) It HAD to be real sugar! I am kicking myself for not noticing. I have been so proud of myself and this just slipped me up big time. ugh! I was right at 160 this morning, almost to the 150's I've been craving for 10 years and now I'm thrown off course for at least a few more days. ugh. i just needed to vent. I have NEVER liked sugary things but for some reason, an icy coffee treat sounded good. Should have made my own. Back on the wagon friends. :-(
  • Quote: Today was a cheat day by no fault of my own...kinda.... I have been so strict and i thought i would just have a little reward, so I ordered a sugar free frappaccino with soy at starbucks. I STRESSED to the guy it has to have no whip and no sugar and only one pump of the sugar free with just a dap of soy milk... well...I haven't had anything artificially sweetened in a LONG time, so I didn't notice the taste so much at first, but after a while...It really tasted super sweet to me. Well, I just kept sippin and about 45 mins later i was so sick, nauseaus and dizzy. I checked my blood sugar and it had skyrocketed to 154!! WTF? my blood sugar has been great since I had my baby 15 months ago (I had GD) It HAD to be real sugar! I am kicking myself for not noticing. I have been so proud of myself and this just slipped me up big time. ugh!
    You have no reason not to continue to be proud of yourself, this is something you did not cause! That really sucks that you were slipped sugar without knowing it and now have to pay for it. Fortunately you have the dedication to get right back on the wagon, this will only be a little bump in the road and you'll be fine.
  • thanks Stacey! That really made me feel better! :-) you are right, it's just a bump... I just wish I could nad punch the kid who made it. grrrrr.
  • Sarah, this has happened to me too at starbucks before ip. i always get the iced latte now with fat free milk and add my own packet of splenda to it, it's REALLY yummy, almost like a frappucino.

don't let it get you down, you're doing fabulously! 159 will be here before you know it, just stick to non-restricteds tomorrow and no occasional veggies, you'll be able to bounce right back for sure!