Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 190/157/130

Height: 5'5''

Tonight it's Quebec National Day.
Here, this Holyday is WORST than everything, everyone is drunk, there's drunk people everywhere in town, it's barbecue everywhere, and chips, and McDonald at the end of the night. Everyone love everybody, we spend the night yelling ''BONNE ST JEAN'' to anybody, we're dancing with cops and kissing fireman, it's ****, completly!!

If one day you're able to come in Quebec city to see how we're celebrating this holyday, you'll be traumatized. it's completly crazy, and it's taking about 3 days to clean the town, and about 3 days to recover from this mass hangover.

I'm sooooooo nervous. I'll be having vodka-perrier, for the first and last time of the summer till my goal (coach gave me permission), but I'm nervous that if I have too much vodka, maybe I'll have chips, bbq, and mcdonald..

When I have too much alcool, I'm SO hungry !!! I'll try to have only low carb veggies, low carb packet, but I'm really really nervous about the fact that I can kick myself out of ketosis :S
Old 06-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #47  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

Wish me luck, I have to bake a huge Death by Chocolate Cake for my coworkers wedding party at work tonight because I was known for them....my goal is to make it and not taste it at all....

...back before IP I would have sat there and licked the spoon and bowl clean...as well as sample the choc-chips....my will power must be high later lol
Old 06-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Tonight it's Quebec National Day.
Here, this Holyday is WORST than everything, everyone is drunk, there's drunk people everywhere in town, it's barbecue everywhere, and chips, and McDonald at the end of the night. Everyone love everybody, we spend the night yelling ''BONNE ST JEAN'' to anybody, we're dancing with cops and kissing fireman, it's ****, completly!!

If one day you're able to come in Quebec city to see how we're celebrating this holyday, you'll be traumatized. it's completly crazy, and it's taking about 3 days to clean the town, and about 3 days to recover from this mass hangover.

I'm sooooooo nervous. I'll be having vodka-perrier, for the first and last time of the summer till my goal (coach gave me permission), but I'm nervous that if I have too much vodka, maybe I'll have chips, bbq, and mcdonald..

When I have too much alcool, I'm SO hungry !!! I'll try to have only low carb veggies, low carb packet, but I'm really really nervous about the fact that I can kick myself out of ketosis :S
Bonjour Lady5andy! Je te souhaite en avance une bonne Saint-Jean. Tu vas réussir à résister toutes les tentations j'en suis certaine. Although I live in Ottawa, I work on the Quebec side (Hull-Gatineau) so I'm off for Saint-Jean Baptiste Day every year. It is awesome to have this holiday the week before Canada Day to go shopping, pampering, etc.

Why don't you try this little trick...after every alcoholic beverage, be sure to drink at least one glass of water. This will not only help to dilute the alcohol and its effects on the night of the party, but also leads to no hangover the next day. You could also ensure that you have something to snack on by bringing a veggie platter along. I've done that a few bbqs this summer already.

Bonne chance! Be strong!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Bonjour Lady5andy! Je te souhaite en avance une bonne Saint-Jean. Tu vas réussir à résister toutes les tentations j'en suis certaine. Although I live in Ottawa, I work on the Quebec side (Hull-Gatineau) so I'm off for Saint-Jean Baptiste Day every year. It is awesome to have this holiday the week before Canada Day to go shopping, pampering, etc.

Why don't you try this little trick...after every alcoholic beverage, be sure to drink at least one glass of water. This will not only help to dilute the alcohol and its effects on the night of the party, but also leads to no hangover the next day. You could also ensure that you have something to snack on by bringing a veggie platter along. I've done that a few bbqs this summer already.

Bonne chance! Be strong!
Thank you I'll try to do my best !! I'll bring a veggie platter, that's a nice idea

And Merci pour les bons mots en français
Old 06-23-2010, 09:50 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

so I had my first oops day yesterday. i had too much carbs. a couple bites of cinnamon buns, and some flaxseed snaps

today!! I AM PAYING FOR IT! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO gassy!! Is this normal? Is this my body's way of saying "wtf, you ate carbs and i'm freaking out!!"?? I haven't been gassy since the start of the diet
Old 06-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #51  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieEH View Post
so I had my first oops day yesterday. i had too much carbs. a couple bites of cinnamon buns, and some flaxseed snaps

today!! I AM PAYING FOR IT! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO gassy!! Is this normal? Is this my body's way of saying "wtf, you ate carbs and i'm freaking out!!"?? I haven't been gassy since the start of the diet
i'd think it was mostly the flax seed-tons of fiber and fiber=gas
Old 06-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

ohhh duhh, that makes sense
it's never ending. I feel like I've relieved myself by GALLONS...
Old 06-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #53  
Started IP 7/23/2012

S/C/G: 176/176/125

Height: 5'3

well....my cheats lately have been small, but almost every night i have been having two cheddar flax seed thin crackers with a light laughing cow cheese wedge. I'm still in ketosis everytime I check so I'm guessing it's not hindering me at all and I'm losing weight still at a steady pace. It's nice to have a yummy itty bitty snack at night! :-)

I'm craving sandwiches lately though. :-(
Old 06-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #54  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah30 View Post
well....my cheats lately have been small, but almost every night i have been having two cheddar flax seed thin crackers with a light laughing cow cheese wedge. I'm still in ketosis everytime I check so I'm guessing it's not hindering me at all and I'm losing weight still at a steady pace. It's nice to have a yummy itty bitty snack at night! :-)

Glad your still hear. And, glad you have found a "restricted" treat level that works for you. I KNOW... it isn't a real restricted.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 159/148/125

Height: 5.5

Thanks all for being so kind when I had my camping weekend blowup! I weighed in today and even after all that I lost a pound! Just one - but HEY....I am totally okay with that! My coach put me on 5 packets a day this week to see if that will help keep my energy up. I already feel much better and can even go for a walk in the PM! I LOVE losing... I have been back on track for days now but it totally has me motivated for my next weigh in!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah30 View Post

Well, if you're staying in ketosis and still losing weight it seems like your body can handle it, cool!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #57  

Oooops!

Too much vodka-perrier = no will power = awfull night= not in ketosis

That's why I dont drink.

Damn. NEVER AGAIN. I'm feeling completly fat and bloated and bleh. I didn't weighted myself nor used the ketostix, so I wouldn get discouraged..

I know it's the second time I'm saying this but I swear, never again. I want to be done with all this by the end of july, so I need to be super strict.. and who am i fooling, except me ?

I'm the only one I'm lying to when I cheat and I say ''it's ok, I don't mind''. Yeah.. No more lying and hiding behind stupid excuses, that's what I've done my entire life, and that's why I'm doing IP today. I need to never forget why I'm doing this.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #58  

Quote:
Oooops!

That's why I dont drink. Damn. NEVER AGAIN. I'm feeling completly fat and bloated and bleh. I didn't weighted myself nor used the ketostix, so I wouldn get discouraged..

I know it's the second time I'm saying this but I swear, never again. I want to be done with all this by the end of july, so I need to be super strict.. and who am i fooling, except me ?

I'm the only one I'm lying to when I cheat and I say ''it's ok, I don't mind''. Yeah.. No more lying and hiding behind stupid excuses, that's what I've done my entire life, and that's why I'm doing IP today. I need to never forget why I'm doing this.
What's done is done, so don't dwell on it or beat yourself up too much Lady5andy. Refocus and get back on track today following strict protocol and avoid restricteds. YOU CAN DO THIS!
Old 06-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #59  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Oooops!

That's why I dont drink.

Damn. NEVER AGAIN. I'm feeling completly fat and bloated and bleh. I didn't weighted myself nor used the ketostix, so I wouldn get discouraged..

Stop beating yourself up. You and your coach talked about this. You knew there was a potential that this could happen. You also know you have the discipline to get back on plan. If it helps, print this post and keep it handy to read.

You will make your goals. Plan, Prepare, Focus, and DO IT! I know you can get it done!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Lady... Ne vous inquiétez pas! Tout nouveau départ, et vous serez amende. Qui sait, peut-être qu'elle aura secoué votre corps un peu, et vous aurez une perte encore plus importante cette semaine.

Move forward! You can do it!
Closed Thread