Somercizers chat-new Aug 22

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Hi Everyone
    I'm glad to be home I had such a miserable day at the office.
    I reminded my boss about my vacation next week and
    asked her if I could add this Friday to it as well. I got a no go.
    I have worked in the same office from 27 years and I have not
    had any time off this summer so I am not pleased.

Diet wise, everything is a ok The Paul Newman dressings I
    use are Caesar and oil and vinegar. They both also make an
    awsome marinade. Hope everyone had a better day than me.
    Anne.
  • HI!
    We're still camping, will be there til next Saturday. I came home real quick to get some cooking stuff.
    Poor Anne, I use to have a real witch of a boss and I know how that can make the work place just suck. At least you have a vacation to look forward to. When can you retire? I hope it's soon.
    Will write more tomorrow. Have to go make a turkey breast. I bought one of those showtime rotesserie (sp?) things and that's what I'm using. It does a good job, but really about the same as using an oven. It's good, just not what they hype it up to be. At least I have an oven of sorts at the campground.
    Later, Nikki
  • Evening everyone!

Anne-that is so awful about your time off. You would think after working there that long they could cut you some slack
    Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Aleka-thanks for the info on the pork rinds and the Paul Newman dressing (you too Anne) I will open the bag of pork rinds and try not too breathe at the same time The Classico sauce has no sugar but does have oil, guess you can't have everything

Jennifer-thanks for the breakfast idea! Sounds yummy

nikkic-I have seen those rotissirie ovens on TV. Is that one of those "set it and forget it" types. I had thought of buying one but if they aren't what they are made out to be

Hope you all have a great night! ...
  • Anne, is the Gazelle difficult on the knees?
  • Hi everyone,
    I will not be posting for a few days, our computer is acting up. DH called computer shop, talked with 2 guys. One said it could be a fan overheating, and another one said it could be the hard drive.

ANNE D, what an awful boss you have. You would think that since you've been working there for so long that she would give you the time off. Well, at least you'll be away from your boss when you are on vacation How did it go on your gazelle?

nikkic, glad to see that you are still camping. It's nice that you're so close to home that you can go back and cook. I've seen those rotisseri (sp)? grills on TV. I really think that guy buys all of Sunday. It seems no matter what time I'm flipping through channels, he's on at least 3 or 4 different channels.

mauvaixroux, as far as getting legal food, sometimes you just have to do the best you can. For me, it's the lowest possible amt. of sugar in something. You might not find the odor of the pork rinds that bad, I have an allergy to perfumes, pot pourri, etc., and sometimes smells are stronger to me than to somebody else. I know my DH was kind of skeptical when I ground up the pork rinds, but he didn't mind them a bit. They don't seem to be overpowering.

If I don't post for the rest of the week, I hope everyone has a good week, and a safe and happy holiday weekend. Aleka
  • Good Morning Everyone!
    Thank you all for your kind words. The part that upsets me so
    badly is this woman is aware I have a disabled son. He suffers
    from autism and severe mental ******ation. He is 12 and has
    a twin brother who is normal. I have 3 other sons besides.
    I have countless meetings at David's school, doctors appts
    galore, I get nothing but hassles from this lady. She is 54
    single, and gay. In her particular case I don't think she understands motherhood. I know not all gay people are like
    that, but this lady has made our lives **** on earch. She has
    only worked in our place since January.

Nikkic, I am 45, I have been working at St. Michael's Hospital since
    I was 18 so I have another 7 or so years left until I retire
    I couldn't sleep all night.

Jennifer: The gazelle is fabulous. I can't recommend it enough.
    It is easy to do, easy on all joints, knees, back, its just great,
    like I said I am 45 and 250 big ones and I can do it without any
    difficulty.

Mauvaisroux, what store did you find the pork rinds in? We use
    the classico tomato and garlic sauce when we make a side dish
    using zucchini and mozzerella cheese. Because of the oils it
    only can be used with pro fats.

Aleka: It must be going around!! we had to reset our computer
    it has been as slow as a turtle.

Talk to you later everyone, Have a great day.
    Anne.
  • Hi, came home to do stuff and the computer sucked me into cyberspace.
    Anne, I'm 45 too and weigh 268, lost nine lbs so far.
    I also have a daughter that is disabled. She is a schizophrenic. When she was 16 it started and for 4 years we went through ****. It was Drs. and hospitals and lots of misdiagnosis'. She was so over medicated and it was such a nightmare. She spent her 18th birthday in a seclusion room talking to a wall. It broke my heart. Finally, we found the right psychiatrist and went to the right hospital. They put her on her current medication and it helped alot. We never thought she would be able to move out on her own or hold a job. But she does now. It took a lot of work and support from her family. She is pretty much back to where she use to be, but I still see flashes of it now and then. I have to take her to work and to the store, because she can't drive. It makes her so anxious to try to do it. It's been hard and I can't imagine what you are going through. I understand a little about it from my own experience. I know you need more support than your getting. I had such a hard time at work. I took a lot of time off and finally I had to tell them what was going on. I begged them not to tell anyone else, because mental illness is not an acceptable thing to have, even in this day and age. Everybody thinks schizophrenics are killers and weirdo's.
    Maybe your boss won't last too long. I out waited mine and she eventually got another job. She was trying to have me fired, because she said I was incompetent. The next boss that came along gave me a raise, so things can turn around.
    I'll be thinking of you. I hope you have a better day today and that your vacation is a restful, fun one.

Well, the rotessarie made a great turkey breast last night. I really think that the oven works just as well though, I mean heat is heat the only difference is the meat is spinning around. It's great for camping though, I set it outside and it doesn't heat up the camper.

I get the pork rinds at Walmart next to the potato chips. The walmart brand is cheaper than Old Dutch Brand. I use my food processor to grind them up, it makes them finer than a rolling pin.

Well the old man is home, so I have to get busy. Talk to you all later and take care, Nikki
  • I thought I'd get on the scale and see what kind of damage I've done this week. I've lost 17 lbs total since starting! I can't believe it, but it's true. I've been eating miracle fluff everyday, sometimes 2 x's a day and it hasn't hurt. Neither has the whiskey that I had the other day, so I'm really happy.
    Just had to let you guys know. I can't believe this woe works so well. I never feel deprived and I'm satisfied when I eat. Yippy! Nikki
  • Nikkic:
    17 pounds!!!
    You must be so happy!! I was sorry to read about your
    daughter, but I am happy to here she is on the right
    medication. My son's drugs are not doing him too much
    good. We lose a few nights of sleep a week but I think
    the worst part of his disorder is his self injurious behaviors.
    He bites himself, bangs his head, and can scream and cry for
    hours on end. Last year at school he put his head through
    a glass window!! He looks normal so people find him very
    strange indeed. I had a high fever and strep throat in my
    first trimester. I think that is what caused the damage.

So Nikkic, how long ago did you start SS. I think this diet is
    great and I have confidence it is really going to work for all
    of us!!!
    Talk to you later
    Anne.
  • Good evening everyone!

"cb" whoohoo! way to go nikkic! 17lbs that is great! Keep up the good work!

Well, I hate to say this to but the worst job experiences I have had have mostly involved women supervisors my mom says the same thing after having worked in a bank for 20 years, although my best job experience was with a woman who owned her own business and was amazing, down to earth and kind hearted.
    I thought of her as my mentor and stayed in that job for alsmost 10 years! we still kept in touch afterwards too.

You are right that people don't understand unless they have children themselves. I don't have children but I can imagine that is an all-consuming full time job on top of a job outside the home.
    I find it weird that mental illness is still socially unacceptable considering the amount of problems people have these days and that a lot of people suffer from depression. I know so many people on of medication for some kind of disorder or another.

Hi Aleka- I guess we will hear from you in a day or two
  • Hi,
    I'm back home, waiting to pick my daughter up from work. Anne, you are so brave. I hope they find the right meds for your son. I never thought they would for my daughter, but finally they did. She still has intrusive thoughts and needs a lot of emotional support. We talk on the phone at least once a day and usually she comes over every other day, besides seeing her when I take her places. She's 25 now, so I guess it will always be this way.

I started this woe on Aug. 8th. I've kept a journal, not a very good one, but I record my weight and what I eat on occasion.
    I try to start my day with positive affirmations and end it that way. I'm not feeling deprived at all. I'm an overeater, and so I have to really think about when I'm full and not eat so fast. DH says when we first started seeing each other, he couldn't believe how fast I ate. It's like I'm starved and can't get it in fast enough. That's what is so great about this woe, I never feel starved. I think the carbs from potato chips and bread make you want to eat more, because they never satisfy your hunger. I could eat a whole bag of chips and a container of dip, then go eat a bowl of ice cream in 1/2 an hour. I'm sure this fast weight lose is going to level off and slow down, but it is encouraging now.

Well we invited a couple and their kids for supper tomorrow night. I spent most of the day making salads and almost gave in a got potato salad for them, then decided not too. Its a good thing cause they said they can't make it, now. So we will be eating coleslaw, cucumber salad, deviled eggs, miracle fluff and watermelon for at least a week. I kept the meal all ss and boy am I glad.

Well talk to you all tomorrow.
    Nikki
  • Hi Everyone!!
    Just one more day until the weekend arrives!!
    I have been adhering to the program. Tonight I ate
    chicken breast, coleslaw, veggies with butter. It was wonderful.
    Do any of you ladies eat in the evening? I always feel alittle
    nervous to have a bed time snack but I often do anyways!
    Usually I eat chunks of cheese and maybe alittle salami.
    I am amazed that meats like salami and pepperoni are allowed.

I am really looking forward to this week off!! I have not had
    any vacation time yet this year, although I do get 6 weeks
    vacation.

I will be glad to get life back on routine again, kids in school
    cooler weather, to be honest autumn is my favorite time of year.

My husband and I are going to see The Who in September and
    The Rolling Stones in October , then when November comes
    along we will be celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversay.

Anne.
  • Hello everyone!

Hope you all had a great day

I'm surprised that salami is allowed too as I have read that it is one of the worst things to eat, well in the low fat school of thinking anyway. I usually have a little cheese at night as a snack too.

Hope you have a great week off Anne. I can't wait for 5 pm Friday!

nikkic-you sound like you are doing really well OP. That was great planning your meal around SS even with guests coming.

Hi Aleka- hope you are doing well too!

I have to run-we are going to a Japanese restaurant for a friends's birthday, I have no idea what I will be able to eat there guess I will at least skip the rice
  • Hi everyone,
    Anne, I am so green with envy. I want to see the Stones, but we never go to any concerts. Dh hates crowds and so it's out of the question.
    We went to a Mexican restaurant tonight. You'd think it would be easy to get something there, no. I said I wanted the entree with no tortilla and no guacamole, and to put it on a bed of lettuce. Well, it was a lot smaller portion than usual and they didn't give me any cheese. So I asked for cheese and I got the cheese sauce. After I ate almost all of it, I thought, this is probably thickened with flour. Well too late, I ate it all. I think I'll just say to leave off the guac next time and take the tortilla off myself. I have yet to go to a restaurant and get anything decent ss'ed.
    Well, supper was tasty, just small.
    Talk to you tomorrow, Nikki
  • Hi everyone!
    The computer is up and running again. It only took them 1 day to fix the tower, it was the hard drive. Then yesterday I was on the computer when the moniter died
    DH took the moniter to the computer shop and came home with a brand new one. I hope we can get through today without having something else go wrong with it.

nikkic, congratulations on 17 lb. That's fantastic!!! I'm so sorry about your D. It must be very hard on you and your DH. I'm glad that she's doing ok through her medication. That would be a good idea the next time you go to a Mexican Rest. to just take everything out of the tortilla. It's a lot easier and you usually get what you want. It seems whenever I ask if they can do a special request, they get totally confused. In some restaurants where I don't care for the way they cook their vegetables, I'll order a salad, then a baked potato, (because I don't like restaurant baked potatoes and I know I won't eat it), along with my meat. It just seems easier because I don't have to explain anything.

ANNE D, autumn is my favorite time of year too. October is my favorite month. I just love everything about fall. Have your leaves started to turn yet? That's great you have 6 weeks vacation. Do you have a lot of trouble trying to take them when you want? My cousin is an RN in a large hospital, she's been at the same hospital for 30 yrs. or so and has to fight tooth and nail to get the weeks off that she wants. Have a great week off!! Pamper yourself. I usually eat sugar free jello, which we can have. If you eat it without whipped cream you can eat it with any type meal, but if you put whipped cream on it, it can only be eaten after a Pro/Fat meal. I did notice that on the SS website.

mauvaisroux, how did you do at the Japanese rest.? I hope you all had a good time for your friend' birthday.

Take care and have a great holiday weekend. Aleka