my friends wedding

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • A couple of friends of mine are getting married this afternoon . Afterwards, there will be a reception with lots of food/ booze. Lots of our mutual friends are going to be there.

Wish me luck in keeping things moderate! I'm not going to stand near the food table at the reception and I'm going to have to keep the booze very limited.

I'm going to eat something healthy before I get there. Maybe I'll add a comment here later tonight to let know if I kept things in check.
  • You are so awesome at this and I know you will do well. Don't forget to have fun though.
  • Good luck Matt! I hope they have a fabulous salad buffet and lots of sparkling water or another no-cal-but-delicious drink to go along with the booze!
  • Goodluck Matt! Have fun too and if all else fails, dance it off!
  • You don't need luck Matt! You obviously can handle this wedding no problem, with 200+ pounds lost so far. Piece of cake. I mean, no cake! Enjoy, eat well and dance off a bunch of calories.
  • Thoughts will be with you! And yes please post so we know how things went!
  • I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding and that they have some yummy choices that fit within your plan!
  • Good luck, Matt! Hope you do come back and let us know how you did!
  • Have fun at the wedding Matt. I know that you will do well on your food and drink choices..
  • Good luck, Matt! Conga line burn those calories off! Dance dance dance!
  • matt, good for you to plan NOW--that really helps me too...in addition to calories in alcohol I find I am much more likely to overeat when I am drinking! Whoa! Double whammy!

Have fun and keep us posted.
  • The verdict is that I didn't do too bad. Me and my friend ate right before we got to the wedding, so we didn't have dinner at the reception. I had come cheese and crackers, a couple of cookies, and some chips.

I didn't drink at all, so that saved some calories. It was probably not great, but it could have been a lot worse.
  • Good luck and have a blast!!
  • Sounds like you did great. Hope you were still able to have a good time!
  • Way to go Matt!