Even Sexier by Thanksgiving Challenge!

You're on Page 4 of 22
Go to
  • I'm scared to weigh myself for tomorrows weigh-in! I haven't worked out in 3 days AND it's TOM! YIKES! All I can do now is cross my fingers and hope for the best!
  • Definitely want to join this challenge! I'm Jackie, 21, been overweight practically my whole life until earlier this summer!!!!! Finally started eating HEALTHIER this year, rather than just eating LESS (to the point of starving myself) as I did in the past. I also started running, and now run about 2 hrs a day. I'm just looking to lose the last 10 lbs or so...don't really know until I get there! But totally excited and confident I can do this, especially with the help of this great great forum. best wishes to everyone!

today's weigh-in: 157.2
    goal: 148-ish

• First official check-in in a while
    Hi all,

Doing the first actual check-in that I feel like I've done in a while! TC - thanks so much for your post about the rigors of the new school year. You are right on SO many levels, and I'm grateful for the support! This week is already starting to feel a bit saner and I'm looking forward to getting back in a workout routine. I've been getting them in sporadically, but I'm due for a proper routine! I'm also ready for the scale to start moving downward again! I guess I should feel pleased that through all of the travel/wedding/school stuff I've maintained more or less, but it's starting to feel like a stall!

Jackie - welcome and congrats on all of your progress! That's awesome!

Gator - I agree with all the great advice from TC. I agree that after a couple of good days "on the wagon" will motivate you and make you feel so much better! Want to make a calorie-tracking pact for the remainder of this week?

Have a good week everyone!

kp

9/14, 166, 167
    9/21, 165
    9/28, 164
    10/5, 162
    10/12, 161
    10/19, 160
    10/26, 159
    11/2, 158 (10% overall goal)
    11/9, 157
    11/16, 156
    11/23, 155
  • kpme- Sure. I have been logging calories for the past couple weeks on thedailyplate. I will post what I ate, water I drank, and exercise here, so that if the scale doesn't change I can get input from you all to see what to do.

Weigh in this morning- 174.8 so no significant change. Not weighing again until friday, so hopefully that goes down.
  • Sounds good, Gator. I know I definitely won't be able to keep up with posting on the thread but I do need to make a commitment to be keeping track of my calories in fitday! Otherwise I suspect I find it all too easily to creep up in the 2K range!
  • Here's my scheduled weigh-in... close, but not quite...
    Sept 9 Starting Weight: 135.2
    Sept 14: 133.8 134
    Sep 21: 132.5
    Sep 28: 131.3
    Oct 5: 130
    Oct 12: 128.8
    Oct 19: 127.5
    Oct 26: 126.3
    Nov 2: 125
    Nov 4:fly to Grand Cayman!!!
    Nov 9: maintain
    Nov 16: maintain
    Nov 23:maintain

Today's weigh in was actually much better than I expected... I didn't want to step on the scale... I haven't worked out for 3 days and it's TOM. So all in all, I'm happy with 134!
  • Hi Everyone! I'm going to jump in here and join you. I've been struggling all year to lose those last 15 pounds, and I suddenly realized that since the beginning of June I've gained 10 pounds so those last 10 pounds have turned into 25. By no means am I an extremely over weight person. If I got to 140 I just feel healthier. It's amazing the difference between 140 and my current weight of 153 feels. I mean, I can feel myself get more out of breathe and I hate that. From 140 to 129(my goal weight) is just vanity pounds than anything but a couple of summers ago I worked hard to get there and I just want to prove to myself that I can do it again and for once in my life maintain a weight instead of being a constant see-saw...

Here's my weekly goals for this challange...

Sept 14: 153 (starting weight from this morning)
    Sep 21: 149
    Sep 27: 145 (a bit agressive I know to want to lose 8 in two weeks...)
    Oct 5: 145 (going on vacation the previous week & hope to maintain)
    Oct 12: 144 (from this point a pound & a half week seems managable)
    Oct 19: 142.5
    Oct 26: 141
    Nov 2: 139.5
    Nov 4:138
    Nov 9: 136.5
    Nov 16: 135
    Nov 23:133.5

What do ya'll think? Can I do it?? I just realized that'd be a total of 20 pounds. I might be living in a dream world.
  • Monday weigh in--STILL 155! I am so frustrated! I feel like I had about as good of a week as I could have had. I walked with the stroller 50-60minutes every day and did an elliptical workout 6 out of 7 days. I was eating healthy foods and reasonable portions. I have not been counting calories while I am breastfeeding (actually pumping and feeding), because I know I shouldn't "diet" or restrict calories too much. But I have been eating an english muffin and yogurt for breakfast, a lean cuisine and piece of fruit for lunch, and grilled meat, a side salad and steamed veggies for dinner. How is it possible that I did not lose even an ounce? I was so frustrated this morning that I was tempted to just blow today off and eat all of the things I wanted to eat last week but didn't. I went for a nice walk this morning, and the beautiful weather helped my mood, but I am still frustrated!
  • Kpme -It'll all come together, I promise!! Just try to make a good plan and stick to it and then everything will fall right into place. And I really do understand what you're going through so if you ever need to talk/vent, I'm here!

melly - Welcome and good luck!

Amy - Congrats on the loss! That's great!

Gator and turning30 - Man, do I know that frustration! Honestly though, this is a very natural and normal (though annoying) part of weight loss. Your body is just trying to adjust to a lower weight than it's used to and it might do that by not losing even if you're being completely perfect or even gain a few pounds to try to fight back. Just think of this as a minor speed bump and push just a little harder to get over it or even just stick with what you're doing. I gaurentee it'll pay off! An please don't beat yourself up or get too frustrated. It's all part of the process and it happens to us all. Enjoy how far you've come and your new healthy lifestyle!

As for me, I had a BIG drop this week, but just so you all know, that will most definitely not be the case every week (I wish!). My starting weight was due to a week of stress eating and it's the top end of my maintenance range, so luckily a week of really clean eating and great workouts has gotten me back to the lower end of my range. Now to keep going down and not bounce back up! I know I can do it this time. Under 135, here I come!! My goal for the week is to keep up the clean eating for another whole week and to stop eating after 9. Please help keep me accountable!

9/7: 139.0
    9/14: 136.6 (-2.4)
  • TakingCharge - Way to go!!

Late night eating is one of my biggest struggles. Sometimes I do good all day at work but as soon as I walk in the door of my house I start munching the rest of the evening. I decided that starting today that I would no longer eat food unless I was in the kitchen. Bedroom :blush: and living room are off limits for food!! Plus not eating after 7 for me. It's a must if I want to achieve my goals@!!
  • Melly- 129 is quite low for someone who is 5'7". You can do it. I just don't know if your body is happy at that weight. Only you know that. I don't know your frame, lifestyle, or anything. I am 5'7.5" and my goal is 140-145 (currently). I may try to get below that once I get there, but for now thats my goal. You also need to realize that getting so low may take longer. It might be even as slow as .5lb each week. Just stick in there and decide to stop once your are happy with where you are at. The numbers matter less that how you feel.

I did 50 min of exercise today. 30 min of c25k and 20 min of stair climber. I will stay in calories. So far, doing great.
  • Howdy, all! Congrats to the losers!!!

TC - a big woohoo for your whoosh week!!

Turning30 - you might also want to keep track of your measurements as you may see changes in inches when the scale *seems* stuck but is really reflecting something else going on with your body (water retention, muscle building, etc.) Hang in there!

Melly - welcome! I think most of us don't know in advance exactly where we'll end up as goals tend to morph a bit over time. Sounds like you're off to a great start and you can always change your mind later - a woman's prerogative, right?

shrinkingamy - you are doing great!

econnerd - holy cow! six pounds in a week is, well, wow!

I'm holding steady after being away for the weekend for my buddy's wedding and am happy to be maintaining as planned. But this week, look out! I'm moooore than ready to move on the the 160s after camping out at 170 (and having some scale challenges) for what seems like ages (but is really only a week or so). This is a great thread, chicas! So glad we're all doing this together....

Sept 12: 170: 170
    Sep 21: 169
    Sep 28: 168
    Oct 5: 166
    Oct 12: 164
    Oct 19: 163
    Oct 26: 162
    Nov 2: 160
    Nov 9: 159
    Nov 16: 157
    Nov 23: 155
  • No real loss since last week. I have been retaining a lot of water because my eating has not been as good as it should be. I need to get myself in check with the eating, because my workouts are great, but then I'm a little lax with food.
  • Quote: Melly- 129 is quite low for someone who is 5'7". You can do it. I just don't know if your body is happy at that weight. Only you know that. I don't know your frame, lifestyle, or anything. I am 5'7.5" and my goal is 140-145 (currently). I may try to get below that once I get there, but for now thats my goal. You also need to realize that getting so low may take longer. It might be even as slow as .5lb each week. Just stick in there and decide to stop once your are happy with where you are at. The numbers matter less that how you feel.

I did 50 min of exercise today. 30 min of c25k and 20 min of stair climber. I will stay in calories. So far, doing great.
    Yeah, 129 is probably low for me. Honestly my long time goal is more like 133-135. But I'd like to see 129. Kinda like a pre-relationship, pre-marriage, pre-babies weight. Because I know once all that happens 129 would never be a weight I would be able to maintain for any length of time... It didn't seem like I looked unhealthy the last time I was there but I may need to re-evaluate as things progress. Thanks for your imput!!

I think I had a good day!! Now to keep that up!!
  • Melly - It seems like you've set some good goals for yourself. It's good that you're not too crazy about a specific number because it really is more about how you feel and sometimes aiming for a low number will drive you crazy in the end. Let's keep each other out of the kitchen at night!

Gator - Good job on the workout!

Dancer - Way to maintain! That's pretty impressive with everything you had going on. I know you can kick some serious butt when you put your mind to it so you'll be in the 160s in no time!

Shasha - Eating is my biggest problem too. I can work out like crazy but one bad night of eating reverses all the hard work! You can do it though, just keep your head in the game!

Thanks for all the support girls! Moreso than the weight loss this week, I feel like I had a full week of dealing with my food demons or whatever - the lack of control, the grabby hands, the eating more than necessary. I've found myself saying, "you're full so stop eating" and I love being able to have that kind of control over food. I know I'll have more slip ups, I'm sure sooner than I'd like, but at least I know I can get back to my healthy mentality and not have it lost and gone forever!