Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

You're on Page 16 of 34
Go to
  • Just checking in quickly
    Had an excellent day with water. It keeps me RUNNING to the bathroom. I did remember my fiber and protein. Cooked dinner on the grill it was delish so what did DBF do, go out and brought back Ice cream nutter butter cones, half gal of Ice cream, toffie ice cream cicles, and cookies, whata, whata heck was that about. I ate a nutter butter Ice cream cone and about two hours later I had a cup of ice cream I got ta watch him Plus he wouldn't let me cut the grass he did it himself. He was sweating like a hog. You know what I really didn't want to cut that grass but I was gonna do it.

Tomorrow is a new day and I will do better.

Likenoother:

Katenicole: You did great. You should be very happy with yourself.

Kenziemomma: I caught myself two times today eating like it wasn't gonna "count" because it didn't make it to the plate. I got it bad. But at least I am now aware that this is a habit that I need to work on breaking.

Ladies see ya tomorrow
  • Way to go, losers!!!

I managed a 1.2 pound loss this week, too, which gives me 13 pounds to go in the next 8 weeks to meet my goal for this challenge. That's 1.625 pounds a week and I'm thinking not incredibly likely ... but when I really think about it I'll be so thrilled just to be below 200 which I can DEFINITELY (hopefully) accomplish by then!

oea - I vary with when I weigh. At times I've done it daily just so I can see my natural highs and lows, at times I've tried to hold off and only do it every other week if I think I'm getting too caught up in the numbers, and right now I'm just doing it once a week. Oh ... and I used to live in Cape Coral & work/go to school in Ft Myers! It seems like forever ago and yet I still miss it like crazy sometimes.
  • Everyone on your weight lose! I'm so proud of you all! Just like most of you I weigh almost everyday. Just to see if everything is going well. I just weighed myself a little while ago and I've lost another .5, even though my official weigh in isn't until Friday. Lets see if I can bring my weight down some more. I didn't work out tonight - gave myself the night off. But I'm starting back up tomorrow. I stayed within my points without any problems. McKenziesmomma - I've done WW tons of times before and I'm the same way - in the beginning I lose quickly but then give up. I think I'm going to try and stick to it for the first 20 or 30 pounds then try counting calories. It's just to start with I had to get my portions down. This time I don't want to quit until I'm the weight I want to be.
    Well ladies, tomorrow is another day & we're all going to do one heck of a job taking care of ourselves so we're the healthy women we were meant to be. (Notice I say healthy & not skinny because skinny does not = healthy. All of us are working hard to eat right and get our bodies moving and that's going to make us happy & healthy! )
    Good night all, see you in the morning!
  • Well, I weighed in. Nothing exciting. I maintained. As usual that just means I need to get off my a** and exercise. Always an issue. I did figure out over the weekend the one pair of jeans I have that fit are 16s. All this time I thought they were 18s. But I have other 16s that I can't zip up or button. The good thing is I can pull them all up w/o problem but the zipping and buttoning are another story. I didn't go shopping last weekend bc of TOM but I do plan to go this weekend. We'll see what happens. I'll start at Old Navy and go from there.
  • Good Morning!
    Ready for another glorious day?!?!
    likenoonther: Good job maintaining! All pants/jeans are cut differently so don't even worry about that. Good for you wearing 16s though. I would be thrilled right now if I could get any 16 up over my butt! You'll get the motivation to excerise this week, I just know it!
    I'm preparing myself for a good day of both & .
    to everyone today!
  • Good morning girls! I'm having an off day... to the point that my HR mgr called me in her office a minute ago just to check on me! I woke up late - and hit the vending machine for breakfast! UGH! Luckily they had ritz bits cheese andwihiches in ther e- so it's not too bad.. although the Snickers looked REALLY tempting!

Today's my "cheat" day - to keep my body guessing... I eat between 1500-1800 cals 1ce every 10ish days. Plus it helps curb those huge cravings for chocolate.

I think my funk is partly TOM coming... I'm entering PMS week! and Hunter's leaving for a week on Thursday. Her and i have never been apart that long! She's my whole world - and it's SO hard for me to let her grow up!!!

I'm still eating good - exercising. did my push ups and Tae Bo last night... so that's all good - I just need to keep focused through the funk! Stick with me girls!
  • I think I'm going to just push myself to weigh every morning so I get used to thinking about it. I've been allowing myself too much leeway thus far...

Karen, I live in Estero and we moved here a year and a half ago from Kansas. I'm only now getting used to it and I wish it were a little more family-oriented in SWFL. Cape Coral, I think, is a little better in this regard. I hope that sometime I get to the point where, I too, will miss it like crazy!
  • Babygal - I've learned alot about my eating habits these past few months...LOL!!! I read that weight loss book by Dr. Phil and then a few months later I was reading my Shape magazine where it talked about keeping a food journal.....I have always heard about keeping a food journal but I never did it correctly!!! I would eat my meals and record them but if I cheated any I didn't write it down...it was like if I didn't write it down it didn't count! But it did count and I either didn't lose weight or I gained weight. I finally decided to keep a food journal and not try to lose weight.....so that way I would have nooooo reason to cheat on the journal. I found out sooooo much.....

1. I over ate at my meals
    2. I ate while preparing meals
    3. I ate while cleaning up left overs after the meals
    4. Sometimes I waited too long in between meals to eat. This caused me to get really hungry and go on a binge....because I was too hungry to fix something and wait to eat it...I grabbed chips or whatever was easy and yummy!
    5. I WAS and emotional eater!!! I never thought I ate in response to stress or anger or depression which is emotional eating.....I still don't think I do that....but I do eat in response to boredom which is still emotional eating. Once I finally acknowledged this I could address it.
    6. I had certain cues that I wasn't aware of that caused me to eat. I was only able to recognize this after keeping a food journal for several days...For example, everyday around 3:00pm I would sit down to watch Dr. Phil and Oprah....with a bag of chips or some kind of food...I would eat for two hours while watching t.v. and when Oprah went off at 5pm I would get up and fix supper and eat supper (all the while snacking while cooking and then snacking while putting the food away)....

There was alot to be gained by keeping that food journal ....I still keep one with the following info....

Time of day, What I'm eating, Where I'm eating it (kitchen, living room, cook out, etc), How I feel (bored, depressed, happy, accomplished, etc), Hunger level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being not hungry at all and 5 being starving)

This is how I have learned to remedy my above food problems:

1. I eat 5 planned meals a day...breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and supper which usually also includes a snack. This frequent eating keeps me from getting too hungry and binging.
    2. I make sure I have my snacks...it not only keeps me from binging but it helps me not snack while preparing meals.....my husband usually puts the leftovers up for me and rakes out whats left on the plates so to help me not snack on that
    3. I have had to learn incompatable actions for emotional eating.....in other words...if I want to eat cause I'm bored....I try to find something else to do that cures the boredom....and it helps if you can't eat while performing that action...like....gardening, taking a bath, exercising, balancing the checkbook or paying bills, giving myself a pedicure or a manicure....all those things would work for emotional eating from depression, stress, etc too
    4. As far as my cues....I trained myself that when Dr. Phil and Operah comes on to get in the floor and play with my daughter or do crunches or a short workout while they are on....sometimes I clean during the commercials and use the show time to rest!

I'm sorry for such a long post but if this can help anyone...I would like to post it!!!

• I had a WW leader explain weight loss like this...

The first few pounds you lose are easy to lose -- like losing water.
    The next few pounds you lose are harder to lose -- like losing oil.
    The last few pounds are the hardest to lose -- like losing pure, hard lard!
  • Been a While

I am really excited to see that everyone is doing soooooo GREAT !!!

It has been a while since I've been able to log in and WOW so many posts.
    I am happy to say...last time I was here I was looking forward to getting down to 155 and I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eny congrats on the 180 chick...keep going

So many of you wrote in about your challenges and struggles and I appreciate it.

I also loved how Kenzie shared her eating habits. I just read today on the Yahoo screen that pops up when I log on to my computer that keeping a food journal scientifically has been proven to help you lose weight.

I decided to place a face with the name...the pic I chose is an inspirational pic, That is where I am trying to get back to.

I , like many of you may have done before.... actually thought that I was fat in this picture until I got this fat and now I am like....oh....I looked good. So, I will appreciate myself when i ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE THAT AGAIN !!!!!

I had a rough last week and thought that I may have gained weight so when I stepped on the scale this morning I felt so Happy !!!

I will keep you posted and need to really read more of your post to respond. I love hearing everyones challenges and inspirations.

Keep up the good work Chicks.

I read someone posted if you fall down 10 times just get back up 11...I really like that .....Keep getting back up only you can make yourself stay down..

Stay Strong........Till next time...
    Pinup
  • Quote: Just checking in quickly
    Had an excellent day with water. It keeps me RUNNING to the bathroom. I did remember my fiber and protein. Cooked dinner on the grill it was delish so what did DBF do, go out and brought back Ice cream nutter butter cones, half gal of Ice cream, toffie ice cream cicles, and cookies, whata, whata heck was that about. I ate a nutter butter Ice cream cone and about two hours later I had a cup of ice cream I got ta watch him Plus he wouldn't let me cut the grass he did it himself. He was sweating like a hog. You know what I really didn't want to cut that grass but I was gonna do it.

Tomorrow is a new day and I will do better.

Likenoother:

Katenicole: You did great. You should be very happy with yourself.

Kenziemomma: I caught myself two times today eating like it wasn't gonna "count" because it didn't make it to the plate. I got it bad. But at least I am now aware that this is a habit that I need to work on breaking.

Ladies see ya tomorrow

I thought it was soooo cute you talked about the mowing of the lawn....last summer when I was struggling at the beginning of losing weight my husband actually told me.....get out there and mow the lawn that will make you sweat....boy was he right.....I hated it the whole time.....it was hot....sticky and I got grass all over me...Next time give it a try....I was sore for three days.......lol....lost a pound or two as well.

Good job on being aware of your habits too...proud of ya
  • I'm having a really bad day. I suffer from depression and anxiety and out of nowhere my depression is flaring up. I went to the dr. today and she doubled my meds, which means I have to go back and pay MORE money for another med check. Ugh! And she keeps mentioning switching my medicine, but she didn't I have NO CLUE why, so if she does, that's another visit to pay for. Then I had like an emotional breakdown.

Oh, and I found out my cholesterol is a little high and my triglycerides are real high,so I really need to work on eating less processed food. I need creative recipes that are good for me.

But on the plus side, my weight went a little down this morning. But ugh. I just keep crying and am going to continue to.
  • katenicole: sorry to hear you're going through a round with depression right now; mine flared up two weeks ago out of nowhere and it SUCKED. It wasn't until this past friday night when cried my eyes out and then cried myself to sleep that it finally calmed down some. I don't get where it comes from sometimes... it just kind of sneaks up on me. Good luck and I hope your dr got things turned around for you.
  • Quote: katenicole: sorry to hear you're going through a round with depression right now; mine flared up two weeks ago out of nowhere and it SUCKED. It wasn't until this past friday night when cried my eyes out and then cried myself to sleep that it finally calmed down some. I don't get where it comes from sometimes... it just kind of sneaks up on me. Good luck and I hope your dr got things turned around for you.
    I'm glad someone knows what I am going through.
    Though I am not glad we have to go through it!

I don't know if my meds just stopped working or what because I had been fine for a long while. I wonder what makes it sneak up like that. Oh well, maybe if I shed a few tears I'll get through it better.
  • Pinup - Hey glad your back....congrats on 155!!!

katenicole - I'm sorry you'r feeling bad I don't know anything about what you are dealing with...is it something exercise would help....you could try some kickboxing and punches to get some aggression out??