40-Something Chat Thread

You're on Page 71 of 81
Go to
  • Hi girls.

Kappy I checked Rainbow's profile and the only way to get in touch is by PM. She hasn't posted since February. I don't know how else we could get in touch with her. Maybe if she pops on the site she will get your PM.

My weigh in day and I'm down half a pound. Tomorrow my friend and I will measure each other. Hope to see some inches gone.

Busy day got to go.
  • Clyde, Congrats on the half pound!! Good luck tomorrow. I think that's cool you and a frind measure together. It must be a great friendship to be so trusting and open with each other. You must feel blessed.

Has anybody noticed how Rennie is posting more scarcely too? Come on now girl, quit being Shy!!!!!

Look, Great job finding yourself a chocolate substitute. It's all about making those choices every day. I'm patting you on the back. Can you feel it. Hope so

Me, I had a great day. No exercise, but my knees needed a break. My hubby took most of the day off. We drove to his weekend job and picked up his check, picked up a few things at W-M and had lunch out. I did good on my choices. That's a BIG improvement over Feb's eating out disasters. Geesh. I started reading a man's blog today. He started a healthier lifestyle in May 2007 with the goal of losing 150 pounds. He's lost like 120 so far. Amazing, but in a recent post he talked about going out to dinner with friends. He hadn't researched the restaurant's menu or anything so he said he just ate salad bar get this.... with a side of mild regret. I laughed so hard. I've been there. You don't know what's safe and what's not on the menu, so you just have salad. You're out to eat and you just have salad. Yep, with a mild side of regret. The sad part, his friend found info later and he found out there were a number of safe choices he would have enjoyed. Anyway, that's my funny for today. I sincerely hope you've all had a terrific Thursday!
  • lovn
    Thank you for noticing I haven't been here as much. I have been reading the posts. Hands have been giving me trouble again. If I don't type for a few days to much, they feel better. Take it easy on that knee. Sometimes a few hours with the hubby are just what I need. Time together to just be together. I found the same thing about sweets. I don't tend to eat sweets, never did. BUT there are times I do want them. I am better off to buy a little bag of m&m's and eat it than to have a big bag in the house and eat 3 servings of them.

Clyde
    Nice going on the weight loss. Sure hope you start to feel better.

Kappy
    Probably nothing wrong with it. lol someones cheap thrill to make everyone not have a restroom right at hand lol.

The look
    WELCOME
    We have all found this isn't about getting thinner. This journey we are all taking is about getting healthy. As we get healthy, you know what happens? We get thinner lol. Cool huh :0)

Slash
    Do you ever have times that you wonder why you fed them when they were babies lol. I know I sure have those moments. When I get a new video I watch it before I do it. My daughter walked in when I got the last one and said, " Mother you aren't going to lose any weight watching the video." I let that child live when others wanted to kill her lol.
  • Hi Ladies

Nothing significant new with me. Haven't lost any weight this week -- no big deal --- will continue on and hopefully the scale will be down next week. According to Fitday I've been eating approx 1500 - 1600 calories and burning approx 2100 - 2200 so I should be down. But, we had guests for dinner on Sunday and served prime rib, yorkshire pudding, gravy, roast potatoes, creamed onions, green beans and for dessert a chocolate wafer log with real whipped cream. So, I'm pretty certain my calories were way over what they should have been and that's the reason for the non weight loss. Also the fact that probably my serving sizes are still out of wack. Will have to work on that over the next week.

Welcome to Look --- nice to have another person here.

Really odd about Rainbow not replying to the pm's. I hope she's okay. It was a real pleasure to read her postings. I always felt uplifted.

We're expecting more snow -- got about 6 inches yesterday, expect 3 more tomorrow and about 6-7 on Saturday. Right now we have gotten about 3x the normal amount of snow for our area in Southern Ontario. It's just unbelievable.

Anyway gonna run .. will check in again soon.

Chris
  • Rennie I'm feeling fine. The only time I'm hurting is when I'm lying on the physio bed and they're trying to move my arm where it doesn't want to go.

Have to go again tomorrow.
  • Clyde
    Oh I do understand. When I had my frozen shoulder the woman that took care of me was the woman from Hades lol. Ok, maybe she wasn't but each time my arm was pushed up over my shoulder a bit more each day. I was sure she was Satan's sister lol.

Chris
    You must be getting the snow we haven't gotten here lol. We are behind about 15 inches from what I can remember.
  • Gosh, Chris, what an amazing meal. Maybe it was over your calorie limit, but what a treat!

Clyde: What did you do to your shoulder in the first place? There are times when I love my phys therapy, but this last time really hurt. I just want to get it done and not have to go anymore.

Rennie: Sorry to hear about your sore hands. That would be brutal. I am on a computer all the time, so it would really cause problems at my job.

Lovn: Did you tell your daughter that you could feel the burn even though you were just watching the video? They don't understand how close they are to the edge, do they?

Not much going on with me. Just a Happy Friday!
  • Rennie, I think there's a law and a commandment that says we have to let them live LOL Thanks for your concern about my knee. I dislocated it when I was a little girl and have always had "trouble" with it. Nothing serious, but I have been forced to use the TM a lot lately due to our cold weather. When I use the TM I get bored and start to jog at 5 and 6 mph. Then I get all "impressed" with myself and do it too many days in a row. Whala inflamation and water retention. Spring will come and I will no longer run, because I'll be back outside and I do not run unless the little wheel is under my feet spinning LOL I "watched" a new yoga dvd yesterday and got the same response from my hubby LOL I told him to play nice or I wouldn't let him watch me when I actually do the dvd

Chris, I can so relate with the snow. We broke the recorded record for snow this year. It makes exercise a real challenge for a rural girl. Hang in there. You're very close to goal and you are so active I know you will make it.

Clyde, I'm sending the evil eye to your physio folks. Take that you evil meanies. Hope it helps though!

There's a talent show at the school tonight. Some students, but mostly teachers are getting out there for our enjoyment. I know they got prizes donated and etc.. so I'm sure it's a fund raiser for something special. Maybe the scholarship the teachers give every year. Whatever, it's $3 to get in for a couple hours of entertainment. It should be a good time. DD is showing a drawing. She's very excited and won't tell me what it is, but she warned me that it has an odd title that 2 of her friends came up with for it. I'm curious and nervous all at the same time. My good little Christian girl can sometimes draw some pretty freaky stuff. Vampires and the like. I thought vampires were cool when I was 14 too though. Ok, I still do, but only in fantasy land LOL So, my day is housework and then out with the kiddies for good old fashion fun tonight. No basketball tomorrow. Whoopee! Will the kids ever be surprised when they see the spring cleaning list I want them to start on tomorrow.
    Have a great day!
    Hey, is anyone not getting notices when someone else posts here? I get notified about 2 other threads but, not about this one. I'm always relieved when I check in and someone has been here. Just wondering.
  • Diane you and I are always posting at close to the same time. So I'm popping right back on to say hi to you. What kinds of plans do you have for your first basketball free Sat. Are they evil and diabolical like mine. Me, "Your home, clean behind that. It's been months." Children, " but no one goes behind the washer and dryer." Me, " clean it or you may be sleeping back there." It should be fun. If I actually go through with my plans on their first free day Rennie will have to send me a medal LOL
    Enjoy your Saturday!
  • lovn
    Make them work, it is good for them. I told my son just last night it was time to go to the basement and move the washer and dryer for me to clean. He said something about how I had just done that. My gosh it was 6 months ago lol. I told him he was also going to help me move the furniture on his spring break so we could clean. You would have thought I killed him. I am telling you, my children are just so darn lazy lol. I have never been lazy a day in my life. Their father is not a lazy person. I have no idea why walking and breathing seems like work to them lol.

Slash
    Was one of the reasons I never went back to work after they closed my warehouse. I had to type all the time.
  • Good morning, ladies! Sorry that I haven't been around in a while. My computer did crash, but is back in business, now.

Hope everyone is doing well.

We are expecting 2-4 inches of snow here in middle TN tonight.

I am still trying to eat healthy, and haven't gotten out there to truly excercise, yet

Have a happy Friday!

Michele
  • GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL LADIES!

Clyde- CONGRATS! On the weight loss! Woooooohoooooo!

lovnmom- I love pats on the back! Thank you, I like the chocolate replacement, so thats a +

Shy- Thank you for the Welcome!

Yesterday was a tough one, but also a good one.
    I had to go to the grocrey store, (thats not the tough part)
    Hubby asked me it get him Fried Chicken & potato salad from Cubs foods(they have the best fried chicken!!)
    They did not have any ready so I had to wait 25 min. for them to make some, I tell ya, 25 min in a grocrey store smelling chicken frying can be murder!
    Anyway.....bought it, drove it home(put it way in the back of the jeep!) and served it to family........And did not touch a bite of it!
    I made my little Southbeach Tuna salad(which is REALLY yummy) and ate that and felt satisfied!
    Now for the confession, at one point I felt a little put off that Hubby would ask me to pick up such a temptation for me, but on the other hand I am really proud of my self and my reward is.....no regrets for backsliding!

Today is a busy day...Passports, a long overdue manicure, Haircuts & more errands!
    Hope you all have a WONDERFUL daY!
    My best to ALL
    Pamela
  • peek-a-boo
    sorry i've been out of town for a few days....busy with a project!
    i'll catch up on the posts and helloooooooooooooooooo everyone
    rainbowsmiles
  • Michele! Good to see you back here!
    Rainbow! Ditto to you, glad to see you post again!

Pamela: Does your user name mean anything? I get a kick out of it when I see "the look". Good for you on avoiding fried chicken! That's a tough one!

Lovn: That's right, no basketball! Actually, I have a hair appt for my daughter and me. It takes forever to do it with getting it colored and all, but it is time. Then just groceries and other errands. All kinds of projects, cleaning and organizing. Woo hoo! I think I'd rather go to a basketball game! ha! But baseball is coming soon, so I need to get busy and get this other stuff done. Oh, make sure you tell us about her drawing later!

Well, last night I made a cherry pie for my husband's birthday, which is today. That's not a temptation to me, though. I've made more cherry pies in my life than I care to admit because hubby loves them. But, I'm not all that fond of them, so I'll be able to stay away!
  • Rennie, seems like sometimes switching ends on the couch and changing channels with the remote is almost too much effort for them LOL

Susan, So gald to see you're not MIA anymore. Get us caught up on what you've been up to.
    Michele, You too!

Look, That can be frustrating when a loved one temps us. Whether on purpose or inadvertantly. You have to remember, any changes you make for the better just may scare the pants off him. Without even knowing it, subconsciously he could already be worried what kind of changes you'll expect him to make once you've succeeded in bettering yourself. Good job with not giving in!

Diane, Have a good time with your daughter tomorrow. That'll be some nice girly bonding time together!