Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007

You're on Page 108 of 120
Go to
  • The caserole turned out extremely well!!

I substituted cream of chicken soup for the cream of mushroom however.. I hate mushrooms..
  • Carol -- That is my favourite 'treat' too...ruffles with onion dip. I'm such a sucker for that. I haven't had any since the night before starting LAWL...lol. I'm sure one day in my skinny future I'll be able to revisit them.

Debbie -- You sure travel a lot, it must be hard to stay OP when you're on the road. What do you do for a living?

Katie -- I'm sorry about the loss of your great-aunt. I can only speak for myself, but I've never heard of funeral potatoes. They sound delicious though!

Joni -- I haven't found Morningstar here yet, but I should check out their website and see if they have any distributors here. Sorry if my description put you off!

Wendelina -- Yeah, no meat-substitute soy for me from now on. Congrats on making it through your tempting weekend relatively unscathed. I tried baked cheetos this weekend too. Lemon water it is.
  • hi group.....looks like some have had some exra stuff lately and yes we need to live!!!!! DH and I went to movie and dinner with great friends.....super with friends...Italian risotto.....2 small wines...but ha ve been pop since then....I weighed in three times last week ..it reaaly helped to keep me honest...This is truly a lifestyle and must be seen that way...2 lbs a week is just fine.....have a great week everyone....nance
  • Good Morning Everybody!

Happy Monday!

Just wanted to pop in real quick. Wishing everyone a GREAT POP day!!

Pearl - with your solo opening this morning.
  • Good Morning Everyone!! Just wanted to pop in and say a quick "hello" before I start working.

I wish everyone a great POP day!!
  • Hi Guys!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ok, so we just got our engagement pictures back,and of course I had to use use one for my avatar.
  • Oh Katie - That photo is beautiful, and so are YOU! You are so adorable. The name Katiebug totally suits you.

I am off to work for the day.... will miss playing with you guys today - have a good day everyone.
  • Good morning all!!! I am happy to report that I was POP all weekend......and I am sooo proud. Having my sis here for the weekend really helped me. I had to set a good example!!! Talk about keeping ya honest..LOL. Anyway, I plan to have another POP day, and sis and I are going to sit down this afternoon and plan out the next two weeks meals and grocery lists!!! Ok, everyone........let's get this party started........Monday, monday.........I know....but we CAN do this
    XOXO
  • p.s. it is my sis's birthday she gave herself the best gift ever!!!!
  • Good morning everyone!! Had a pretty okay weekend. Didn't do anything major. Took ODD out shopping on Saturday and got some great deals on winter clearance items. I was pretty much OP this weekend, but I did eat a cookie yesterday. Oh well! In the past, I would've eaten 2 or 3 at a time.

Oh, and DH made some kickin' buffalo chicken this weekend on the grill. He cut chicken breasts into strips and seasoned them with Frank's Hot Sauce and ICBINB spray. I know the hot sauce has a lot of sodium, but it really satisfied my craving for buffalo chicken. Had some leftover yesterday in a salad. Yummy!! Oh, and I tried to make the Sloppy Joes (in the turkey section) out of the LAWL cookbook last night. It was NASTY!! When I saw how dry it was going to be, I added some no salt tomato sauce I found, and that still didn't help. I was so mad after spending all that time dicing onions, peppers, and tomatoes.

Nicole - It's so cool that your sister is going to commit to do the diet with you!! I know that will help both of you stay on plan. I've been talking to my sis, but I can't get her interested at all. She keeps saying she can't afford to be on a diet and that "fat is cheap." However, she's starting to have all kinds of health problems and THAT is not cheap!! The worst part is that she's my baby sis (5 1/2 years younger), and I'm in better health than she (she's considerably bigger than me). I wish I could do something to motivate her more.

Katie - The pic is great. Y'all make a beautiful couple!!

Kristen - Maybe I can take a lesson from you and give my DD's healthier b-day parties this year.

Well, time to get back to work. Hope everyone has a POP day!!
  • Hi guys, I thought that some of you were starting TO today, right? Well, I am joining you. Still no loss on the scales for me. Have a great day everyone!
  • I really don't mean to be Debbie Downer or anything but I had to share my BAD weekend. Found out yesterday morning, that my dear FIL is suffering from prostate cancer. Luckily they think they found it early enough and he should make a full recovery. Please keep us in your prayers. I think this is going to be very hard on all of us, as we are a very tight family(I have the best in-laws ever!) Then we get home from in-laws and my daycare lady called me, we werent on the phone for more than two minutes and she was in tears. I knew something was wrong, but was not prepared for what she told me. She was giving her notice, and she would be closing her daycare as of 2/13/07. I was devestated. We have become very close with my daycare lady and her family(That won't change) but it is soo hard to find good care. She was offered a desk job and couldnt financially afford to turn it down. Please,for the working mommies out there give your daycare lady a hug and let them know you appeciate them, when you pick up your kids today. It takes a certian kind of good hearted person to deal with so many children for 10 hours a day! I know I couldn't do it!!
    Needless to say i ate pretty much all day, and didn't stop till I went to bed. I was up two pounds this monring. I'm hoping it's just water weight, I'm actually having lemon juice intravenialsy(SP??) pumped into my stomach as we speak! LOL! Hopefully that will help.

Congrats to everyone who had a POP weekend!! To those of you who did not, me included, today is a fresh start!!
  • Candace- your FIL is in our thoughts and prayers!!!
  • Morning all,

Scale showed me down 2 pounds this week - which is awesome. I actually weighed in at 155.1. I swear, seeing 154 on the scale will be a huge SV for me...haven't ever seen that number in my adult life. I'm hoping by tomorrow maybe. Resisted a lot of temptation this weekend, so I feel I'm on a roll. I see the doctor today and am hoping that he will clear me to start exercising - at least walking or something. I miss my daily date with the treadmill.

Katie - sorry about the great aunt - what a life - 98? Wow, to have lived so long and seen so much. LOL at the "funeral potatoes." Too funny.

Candice - sorry about your FIL. Prostate (when caught early) is thankfully very treatable. Here's to good wishes to you.

Yvette - you skinny chicken, you! You are doing so well - congrats my SD sister!

And to the men on this board - YOU ROCK! I so love that we have men on here now. Way to go and welcome (although you're probably veterans by now, but you're new to me!)

Everyone that I missed - have a good POP day!
  • Yeah, me! I’m finally down another 2 lbs. I have been traveling for work and it really affected my loss. I’m going to figure out a strategy to stay as on plan as possible while traveling, as I have several trips coming up.

Nicole – I can completely understand your excitement about your sis joining in on the LAWL plan. My DH decided to do the plan with me this time. He has done great, losing 10 lbs since Jan. 1. Having him to talk to about what foods we ate and being able to make dinners that are POP makes it much easier for me to stay focused.

Wendy – I get your frustration, I have been trying to get my Mom interested in LAWL, but she is balking too. She does want to lose weight, but she keeps doing all these crazy diets that I know do not have lasting affects. If she doesn’t change her way of eating forever, the weight will just come back…it always does.

Candace – I’m glad you shared your news with us, as you need a place to vent. I will keep your family in my thoughts, as mine is going through a very similar experience. My FIL has had health problems for years, and we actually waiting this week for test results to come back on his prostate. He is fairly weak, so I worry about his ability to endure treatments again. Anyways, we will stay positive and strong, as that is what our DHs need from us right now.

Everyone else, have a great day!