Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007

You're on Page 100 of 120
Go to
  • Just a quick pop in to say hi and stuff-it's been pretty busy at work this week and by the time I catch up on posts, I need to get off the computer-

Thanks to those who liked the nursery! Makes me feel better-I mean, you know how it is when you try to do something artistic-especially something on that scale. I liked it-but then, I'm the one doing the painting . . .Somebody asked about bedding . . .I'm doing solid colors/gingham-fushia for the bumper and skirt-and any of the other colors for the sheets. . . . I also think my cats are pretty funny too! It'll be interesting keeping them out of the crib . . . .The door is shut right now and they aren't happy about that. It's THEIR house-how dare I keep them out of a whole room?

Jeez-gotta go already-have a meeting to go to. Lunch provided . . always a mystery as to whether or not I can stay on plan. . . . .Hopefully there will be a salad . . .
  • hey everybody! just wanted to pop in and say hello, im a busy bee today...
    put up a new avatar from new years eve...its the first time in about 5 yrs ive been able to wear a mini...hard work pays off!!

on another note...im frustrated..and really is without cause bc i kno exactly whats going on...see, i started to work out after new yrs...pretty hard core...and i havent lost any weight this week...not even an ounce...its frustrating when the scale doesnt budge...errr...i kno its muscle gain vs weight loss, but come on already, i need some scale encouragement!! budge damn it!!! hehe...
    anywho to those who have budged, congrats !

and dan, my mouth watered when u said subways!! yumm yumm...lol...

cassie, what a change, u look awesome!

nicole! u go girl...thats exaclty the spirit we need...full comitment to get the job done right! hehe and awesome for ur sis the care package sounds so cute...def do it...

have a great day everyone!
  • Geez, we hit 100 pages this month!!!
  • Aggie - So good to see you again! And thank you for the compliment. By the way... your avatar. You're hawt!

JM - LOVE, love, love the nursery!
  • Nicole- How great about your sis! I would buy her a food scale, measuring cups, and measuring spoons, since portion control is so key.
  • JM, the girls in my office and I were oogling over your nursery. Very cute, and even better that it is original! I wanted to comment on a bumper for the crib. Usually by the time babies are rolling around very much you remove the bumper because it is a strangulation hazard. I was thinking that Joci would be around 10 months or so when you get her, so you will not need the bumper. Sorry, that sounded a little bossy, just wanted you to know.
  • JM - When my DS was a baby in the crib, Thomas (the Thomas O'Malley the alley cat) laid by him, every single night. Thomas just loved DS... He never bothered the baby, and always laid by his feet. He stayed in the crib even when DS got bigger and longer and started kicking him in the ribs. It was quite a sight. So, just watch the baby and the cat for a while, and if they get along, then don't worry about shutting the door. You want your cat to accept the new addition to the house, and not shut him out of it. It's almost like introducing a new cat to a household that had older cats, well, you know what I mean...
  • Joni........sure hope you and your furkid are doing ok.

Who else is lonesome for Pearl? We know you are needed where you are, Pearl.....but we are missing you
  • When my DS was a baby I kept him in a bassinet right next to my bed most of the time. My tiny little chihauhau used to climb in and sleep with him all of the time. It drove my DH crazy, but I thought that it was really sweet. She also got into the habit of slinking around the house with a pacifier in her mouth, looking for somewhere to hide and chew it up, which was less sweet.
  • Oh, Nicole, I am missing Pearl too. Doesn't that dang bowling alley have DSL?
  • Haha, remember the Pee Pee Tee Pee? One of my staff just got peed on by an 8 week old baby boy while she was changing him. Guess I should invest. Or buy some of those snow cone cups, LOL.
  • Katie.......you are cracking me up. You guys..........I sooo need to get off this computer. I am getting a ton done today, but everytime I walk by this stupid box, I sit down for a sec, and today has been one heck of a busy day on these boards.

Ok, so I was folding laundry a little bit ago, and I saw a preview for Oprah....it was titled, "How 30 somethings really live," or something like that.......anyway, they showed a tiny clip, and it was this lady BURRIED in laundry in her laundry room. I was like, "YES," finally someone else who sucks at laundry!!! Anyway, I rarely watch Oprah, but I am so Tivoing it......looks quite interesting.

K, gotta go, but you know I will be back LOL
  • YOu mean we're supposed to WASH the laundry? I thought you just piled it up in the laundry room and then put it into bags and gave it to Goodwill in the spring!
  • LMAO, Wendy!!!
  • Cassi: love the kitchen! You Look great also!!!!

Nicole: I want to try that casserole it sounds yummy. The hiding closet that is funny. I would wonder what the heck the big deal about BLTs when I first started too It is so exciting to have your sister join you in this WL venture. I think making a care package is an AWESOME idea. I am sure she will love it

Jason: Welcome back. I am happy to hear that you will be closer to your daughter.

Evette: You look amazing. You will get out of the 120s in time. You have done an awesome job losing the weight!!!!!!!!!

Kate: WTG on WI!!!!!!!!!

Wendy: I hope you feel better soon!

Ulanda: GL with your meeting next week, remember that we are all here for you!!

Dan: I love the wraps at Subway. I hope that now that you are on the right plan you will see the losses! You have done such a great job so far you will succeed!

Julie: the nursery is SOOO cute Josie is going to LOVE it. It looks nice and bright and cheery!!

Joni: I am so sorry to hear about your furbaby! Here is a for you!!
    THinking of you!

If I missed you it is not because I dont think of you!!! I hope all is well with everyone! Me, not so much... I cant do this lately. Why is it that I was SO excited a few weeks ago, have one slip up (darn Donut poice assigntment) and it is down hill from there. I seem to have NO WILLPOWER when it comes to food. I LOVE food. I get so obsessed with it. You should see me, I am thinking about what i am going to make for dinner right after lunch. I have the LAWL cookbooks and some recipes here all the time. I am OBSESSED. No wonder I cant keep the weight off. How do you break this cycle? How do I become NOT obsessed??????? HELP me I think I am going nuts about this!