Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 02:05 PM   #91  
deleted2

Hello, all!
This is my 22nd day of counting calories and I hated it at first but now I'm really getting into the rhythm of having a budget, so to speak. Well, I weighed myself this past Monday and I've lost 4 pounds! Apparently, something goes off in my brain when things are going well because that afternoon I came home and made muffins and peach crisp--I know how to make them low-fat but oh, the calories! The self-sabotage kicked in but the difference is this time I recognized it, so most of those muffins found their way to my co-workers the next day! Gotta stay vigilant!

Ah weddings...16 years ago we had a nice hippy, witchy wedding with a pot luck reception. The only thing I'd change would be our wedding cake--it was a 3 tier organic carrot cake; it seemed like a good idea at the time but it tasted like a huge bran muffin. Ick!

Old 04-04-2002, 03:14 PM   #92  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello again!

Sheila - Ya know... the whole 16" thing is pretty normal *except* when living in a manufactured home. My house is brand new (well, 6 months old) and there are no visible drywall nails and apparently you can put a stud anywhere between 16-24" apart. I'm learning that building codes are different when the house can be moved before it becomes permanently on the ground.

Eydie - Congrats on the loss!!!

Lamorgan - I'm with you on the "next time" wedding idea. My wedding was everything I'm NOT because my ex wanted it that way (although we did have a cool justice of the peace). Actually, it cost me more to get divorced than it did to get married.
Next time (if there is a next time) I want to do something more natural, less overly "done" and no white. Although to be honest with you, I'm 4th generation divorced... I think I'll do what my Great-grandmother and grandmother did - just stay single, ta' **** with the "norm" and date for the rest of my life...

chili recipe!
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/recipes/wenchili.htm

Terri
Old 04-04-2002, 10:20 PM   #93  
Hot Stuff

Well, since we're all reminiscing about weddings....We planned ours in five days. We knew we were gonna do it, it was just a question of when because of the immigration application. We were married by an "all faiths" female minister with part of the ceremony having everyone hold a piece of rose quartz until they could feel the heat from the crystal, then making a wish for our wedding. It was at the minister's house, I wore a silver lace evening gown that was lined with black and had dark red Belgium roses. We got married on Hallowe'en, and I was tempted to wear a pointy black hat... Our total cost was around $500.00, including my dress, flowers, minister, and dinner for four (us and our witnesses.)

First time around I had the white dress, bridal party of 8, dinner, dance, the whole nine yards....and I was too tired to enjoy it. It was a production for everyone else and I was miserable....all I could think was all that money and I'm too tired for this.

Ruthie, thanks for popping in! I was worried! That's great that you have your new apartment sorted out...one less thing to do now! Hope your benefit is a huge success, and don't be a total stranger...although I understand how busy life can be.
Old 04-05-2002, 12:37 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

DH and I got engaged 4 years before we finally got married so, I had initially bought a 1000 dollar wedding dress that sat in the closet and discolored... I got married at my sisters house, she bought my 2nd wedding dress it was like 200 dollars and much nicer than the 1st in my opinion.... spent about 2000 dollars total and that included the honey moon, it was great but it was hot... June in the Sunny south We got married on my sister and her husband's 23 wedding anniversary... I was her flower girl when I was 5 and she was my maid of honor...

Hugs,

Amy
Old 04-05-2002, 05:27 AM   #95  

Wildfire , thanks for acknowledging my post. Hope all is well with you.

See you guys later.

Last edited by ruthie; 04-05-2002 at 05:30 AM.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:02 AM   #96  
Must Shrink.

Laughing at the giant carrot muffin image.

Off to work today, Evan is spending the day with a friend, and I have to make Brownies for him to take as a Thank you.

Pinched a nerve in my arm or something, and my right hand is all pins and needles. Very irritating.

Super about your apartment, Ruthie! Must be a big relief.

Morris is really bouncing back now, bearing weight on his back leg.

Thanks for the recipe Terri!

Must fly off to my kitchen and bake now.

:sheep:
Old 04-05-2002, 10:15 AM   #97  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Hi Ruthie! Wasn't ignoring you. Just been too busy to acknowledge anyone personally. My attention span is way short these days.

My wedding was at the justice of the peace downtown vegas. It was 35 plus 20 for the licence. I wore a hippy dress of my moms. She bought me a presentation bouquet of wildflowers for 40$. She gave us money to go eat at Toma Romas afterwards. I was 4 monthes pregnant and I really wanted ribs! My engagement ring was a 1.5 c amathyist and the band was an anniversary band of amatyists and diamonds. 300 for both. Very budget!!!! My girlfriend bought me a sexy nighty.....

Hope all is well w/ everyone. Will someone start a new thread??? ~flower
Old 04-05-2002, 11:28 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Sheila and I started a new thread at the same time.... See everyone at Alternative April 5...

Amy
Closed Thread