PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/195/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Had a period naturally, first time in years

I haves had PCOS for about 6 years and during that whole time I have NEVER been able to have a period without the use of medication. I have gone 82 days at the longest before I decided to call the doctor to have her start me on provera. I have recently lost 20 pounds and today, I started my period NATURALLY!! This is such a big deal to me because I have become convinced that I can do anything without medication. I am hoping to get pregnant soon after my wedding and this gives me so much more hope I can do it naturally! What do you ladies think? Would you be excited as I am over this?
vkhRN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208.6/183.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Most definitely! I was diagnosed with PCOS in September 2010 after not having a period for over 200 days! Since then I've been TTC, and all my periods have been induced by Provera or a result of a cycle with ovulation induction. I've lost about 14 lbs and I think I'm about to start my period naturally (I'm cramping and spotting) for the first time since I can remember! Granted this has been a 50 something day cycle, but I literally go months and months and months without a period sometimes. So I definitely think it's something to be excited over!!
rlb1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #3  
Hello There

S/C/G: 190/173/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhRN07 View Post
I haves had PCOS for about 6 years and during that whole time I have NEVER been able to have a period without the use of medication. I have gone 82 days at the longest before I decided to call the doctor to have her start me on provera. I have recently lost 20 pounds and today, I started my period NATURALLY!! This is such a big deal to me because I have become convinced that I can do anything without medication. I am hoping to get pregnant soon after my wedding and this gives me so much more hope I can do it naturally! What do you ladies think? Would you be excited as I am over this?
CONGRATS!

My period went back to it's natural cycle once I started losing weight. Since I lost about 80 pounds, my period have been regular and I noticed that the moment I gain some pounds, the period becomes irregular again. Now I don't have any science to back this up but it's just how my body is.

But yep, pcos can be dealt naturally. In fact the less drugs, the better. Think natural, organic, fuss free.
susiederkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/224/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhRN07 View Post
That is awesome, congrats on both the period, weight loss and fast approaching marriage!

Last edited by eyesontheprize; 02-25-2012 at 04:28 AM.
eyesontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #5  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I would be soooo excited! Congrats to you!

I am 28 and have only had 1 "normal" period naturally in my life, other than that, just some spotting once a year or so.

I'm currently on birth control to get my periods and am working hard to lose more weight... Then I'd like to see if I can do it on my own.

I hope you keep getting them!!
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Wow!!! A serious yay for you! The longest I ever went was 9 months without my period (ya, I know thats super bad but I kinda liked not getting it) After that I smartened up and used progesterone.

I get mine every 2 months now, and I am hoping and praying with another 20 or 30lbs lost, I could become regular....which I have NEVER been in my life!

Congrats again.
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230 (heaviest)/215/117.5/107.5

Height: 5'4"

I was overweight/obese, mostly obese, my whole life (borderline morbidly obese). From the time I got my period it had never been regular, once every few months on different days of the month. Loser 80.5 lbs, wham, like clockwork every month in the same days.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #8  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

Yes because it's exciting news!! You must be delighted! Mine re-appeared when I lost around 10% of my weight and although my cycle is still pretty long I still get a kick when it rolls around and everything goes like clockwork
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

YAY! Congratulations!

When I lose weight, my period became regularly too. Now, I'm discovering that if I am eating too many carbs, the days between periods get extended. If I am eating low carb, I get shorter times. Weird, huh?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #10  

Question Help

I just got my period for the first time in 9 months before that I had one forced period using provera. And before using the provera I didn't have a period for over a year and a half. So I am wondering song I just got it on my own does that mean that i have lost weight or something along those lines? I don't know what else would cause me to start my period after all this time
Mandimarie1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #11  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I'm just finishing my third month with a regular period. Other than 2011 when I was on BC, I haven't gotten my period more than once or twice a year in well over a decade. Now I'm medication free, regular, and I have my weight loss to thank.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

Aw, I'm so happy for you! My cycle came back last October/November after I'd started losing some weight and though it is a bit irregular still it has showed up every month roughly since then. When my period arrived on its own I was so happy, I think I literally jumped right up in the bathroom and did this:
Your weight loss is paying off in so many ways, congratulations and enjoy
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #13  

Congrats that's so exiting!!! i don't want to start a new thread on your post but this is relevant here i think...I was reading thru some of the replies and thinking.to.myself hmmmm i wonder why for some they lose 10% body weight and regulate and for others it takes a high amount of weight to be lost...any thoughts?
girlonamission1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:32 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxie View Post
Yes because it's exciting news!! You must be delighted! Mine re-appeared when I lost around 10% of my weight and although my cycle is still pretty long I still get a kick when it rolls around and everything goes like clockwork
How's it going? First quarter at an end!
the_sparkle_pager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 04:55 PM   #15  

I was diagnosed with possible PCOS many years ago but it never caused me terrible symptoms other than no period naturally. About 7 years ago I started seeing a chiropractor and being adjusted 3 times a week. 3 months in I started a period naturally for the first time in over a decade!! I've been regular ever since and so happy! Try finding a good chiro near you to see if they can help you too!
michellecarney is offline   Reply With Quote