PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:25 AM   #1  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Talking PCOS March Weightloss Support

Hello and Welcome All to the PCOS WL Support March 2010 Thread!

This thread is about PCOS and Weight Loss Support. If you have PCOS, or think you might, or know anybody that might have it, or your just curious or you just think we are totally awesome, so you just wanna chat with us, please join us!

Losing weight with PCOS is like trying to rollerskate up an icy hill. With all the wonderful lovely side effects, extra facial and body hair, skin tags, dark skin patches, weight gain, etc, etc, etc........

Everybody is whether you are trying to conceive or not!

Some come on in, get a cupa whatever and join us in a chat.

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 03-01-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:30 AM   #2  
HE'S my motivation!

Hey ladies! Starting March WL support 1 hour and a half early LOL. Wanna make sure it's here for everyone who plan to start fresh on the first day of the month and for the ladies who are still on their WL journey and anyone in general LOL

Well today I slipped a bit. Has cheese sticks. I shouldn't have any dairy but I was craving it. I've been doing good with the food part. Now I just need to start again with the exercise. If I get one down the other slips. Ugh!

How is everyone else doing??
Old 03-01-2010, 07:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Nicoyaangel.... Glad to see you started the new thread.... I'm so ready for a new month!!!

Stress has been getting the best of me for the last few months. Chocolate and sweets just keep on calling me name. I'm trying really hard to get back on track. Hoping this will be MY month!!!!
Dab52776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for starting this Nicoya!

I did really bad in Feb, I'm back to 230lbs and hating it ugh!. Really need to start again fresh this month. I really want to be below 220 soooo bad but I doubt I can lose 10 lbs before end of March so I'm hoping to be at least 224 or 222 by the end of March.

Hope everyone is doing OK!
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #5  
HE'S my motivation!

Goodmorning ladies!!

Dab - This is totally YOUR month. You can do it. It's a fresh new month. Don't worry about what you did last month or even yesterday. The important thing is you are not denying what the problem is now it's time to address it.

JB - No problem! I come here every day almost 10 times a day ( and I'm serious LOL) to keep my butt in check. I hope you get down to 220 again. You will feel awesome. Don't say you don't think you. Short story: My boyfriend and I were walking and he said jump on this platform using both feet. I'm like I can't I can't. He said if you tell yourself you can't then you can't but if you tell yourself you can then you will. So I stood there concentrating saying I can do this I can do this. I jumped up and landed on it with both my feet. Didn't get hurt or anything. So tell yourself you can do it & you will

Woke up bright and early to do some laundry. Now I am going back to sleep for 40 minutes. I think it should be illegal to be awake for work before the sun comes up LOL JK

Hope everyone has a great first day of the month!!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/214/170

Height: 5' 4"

Just stumbled here. Hoping for some support. I am 4 months post-partum, with PCOS, looking to lose 40-50 pounds this year. Hoping you can help keep me motivated. Thanks!
CrazyLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #7  

JB... I need to get serious this month as well.... LET'S DO IT!!!!

CrazyLady

Well, I'm sitting here debating about what kind of snack I should have...I WILL have something healthy
Old 03-02-2010, 02:39 AM   #8  
HE'S my motivation!

CrazyLady Welcome to 3FC and the PCOS Forum

JB / Dab - I third that on getting serious and back on track. Let's see how much weight we can lose in a month. We need to have our own mini challenge for the month of March. Any ideas?!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ladies,

Nicoya/Dab - We can start off by posting what we plan to do this month in terms of exercise goals, diet plan, weight loss etc. And then we do a weekly check-in so that we can keep each other accountable.

CrazyLady - welcome aboard

My goals for this month are: 1) lose between 6 to 8 lbs, 2) stick to my exercise plan (posted on the 20s forum), 3) less carbs in the evening & be conscious of what I eat.

So far I'm doing ok with exercise, I need to keep an eye on my food so I will probably come up with meal plans and then log in whatever I'm eating just to keep track.

Lets do this ladies!
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #10  
HE'S my motivation!

JB - I love that idea!! My goals for the month 1) To get to 235lbs and stay there or lower. 2) Get back on track with the exercising. 3) Watch what I'm eating.

Today for lunch I'm having a wrap from Trader Joes & some water. I was going to get the cashews that I always do but decided against that idea. :-) Its raining here so I hope to hit the gym. I HOPE Lol ugh!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #11  

I'm up for a little challenge!!! Here are my goals for March
1. lose 3-4 lbs (start 177)
2. exercise 5-6 days per week
3. eat clean 85% of the time (3 "cheats" per week)

The exercising should be easy for me. It's the diet part that I'm worried about (may start to look into limiting carbs). Also, I lose SOOOOOO slow (I'm sure we all do), so I don't know if my body will let go of 3-4 lbs.

Anyways, I'm glad that I'll have the support of you girls! LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Dab52776; 03-03-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #12  

Height: 6"1"

I was all excited today because I saw 255.5 on the scale (down 9 pounds in 2 weeks). I came out of the bathroom and saw that the mailman was on the porch. Got a postcard in the mail that said I was going to be served court papers at my house by the sheriff's department if I didn't go down to the courthouse within 5 days of receiving the post card. They sent the post on 2/25. So today was the last day to get the papers before they were delivered to my house for my whole neighborhood to see. Get them with a half hour to spare before they closed. Being sued by a credit card company for $1,700 plus lawyers fees. I got the credit card when I was in college and as of last July 09 I couldn't afford to pay that credit card or any other ones for that matter. Don't even know where to start with this.

I know it's my fault, but I still feel like diving head first into a bag of cookies or going to the store to get some peanut butter cups. But all that will make me is fat and broke instead of just broke. Just when stuff starts going my way I get sh-it-ted on. That's the way it goes for me. I'm going to sit here and throw myself a pity party.

Oh. I forgot to add that I had to pluck my facial hair before I went out because I looked like a man when I got up this morning.

Last edited by Sockerton; 03-02-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Sockerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #13  
HE'S my motivation!

Sockerton - NO COOKIES FOR YOU! Honestly what are cookies?? They don't exist!! Your talking giberish :-D You can & will fight through this. If you pissed off get on a machine and let your anger out and if that's not possible do a bunch of jumping jacks. Another good thing to do is scream!!! AAAhHHHHH!! Look at what you have accomplished. Don't let a bunch of idiots hold you back. We are here for you & if you lived closer I would be at in your kitchen making sure you didn't buy that crap. NO CoOKIES!! NO! You want what? NO! :-D Im mean I know ;-)

Going home in a bit to watch the biggest loser. Then I hope it doesn't rain so I can walk my dog and get my exercise in.

How are you all doing??
Old 03-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #14  

Height: 6"1"

Nico - Thanks for the support (and threats). Instead of binging on crap I made my self a egg beaters and 2% cheddar cheese omelette with a piece of wheat toast. Still thinking about that peanut butter cup, but will have to settle for spreading a little PB on a banana in the morning for breakfast or an afternoon snack.

I am committed to getting myself out of the 250s this month. Now that it is getting warmer, I want to exercise outside more. I can't take being inside much longer. I'l get through the stress of this whole being sued thing and come out a little thinner on the other side. Who knows what size I'll be when I scrape my pennies together in a month or two to buy my new, smaller jeans.
Sockerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:49 AM   #15  
HE'S my motivation!

I should really be asleep right now but of course I'm not. I went on a semi run more of a walk type stroll at the local shopping center with the dog & a friend. We got caught up in catching up so we did a lot of walking. Ran for a good amount so I was happy. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow so we can do it all over again.

I've decided to start doing a new nightly ritual. Since I am now using my new Clinique face wash I've decided to do something else. Pluck! Pluck! Pluck! I started this yesterday but I stand in the bathroom and pluck as many hairs as I can from my cheek or my chin. I know it's going to grow back but I hope to pluck it all and just continue to pluck. Catch the hairs growing in and pluck them instead of always shaving. I have to do something. It's driving me nuts! I hope this works in my favor.

I hope you all don't mind me writing here 10 times a day lol. This website is really keeping me motivated. Thank you ladies

Time for bed! Goodnight! I will chat with you ladies later.

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 03-03-2010 at 04:05 AM.