PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:08 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

I work out about 4 days a week, although I attempt to work out about 8 or 9 times per week (sometimes double a day... like 1-hour bootcamp session in the a.m. then either horseback riding or a short run in the afternoon- but doesn't always happen!). I actually think if I made it to every work out I wanted to do I would need to up my calories to maybe 1300 or so. But I will see how I feel when I do up the work outs. So, this might be the case for you.

Now, I'm no nutritionist or anything, but I have had immense success with MSM supplements for my hair. My hair is growing in thicker and stronger- I never had large clumps fall out, but my crown was very thin, and now it's definitely fuller. I buy (online) Rich's MSM in powder form but I think I'll switch to the pills since it tastes so bitter. I've only ever tried Rich's brand since MSM in it's purest form is supposed to sink in liquid, and anything else that floats is full of fillers (?)- that's just what I read. MSM is a natural sulfur that is an essential nutrient to the body, and most of us are deficient since our produce is mostly not watered by rain anymore, but by man-made irrigation systems, or something. I know my Trader Joe's sells MSM pills- I don't know what quality they are, though.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #32  

It's a rainy Monday here in Philadelphia and I'm feeling SO blah!!! I am convinced coffee is the devil. I COULD NOT get out of bed this morning, so I forced myself to, and just downed like 4 cups on an empty stomach in front of the news. It's now 3 hours later and I'm shaky, dizzy, and can't think. I even ate breakfast an hour ago. It's like, I know caffeine does this to me, but I feel like I can't get up or think without it- even when I wean myself off it. Ahh well- I'll figure it out!!

I had a disasterous weekend!! It involved 4 days (started Thursday night) of pizza, ice cream, mac n' cheese, grilled cheese, and a milkshake. I don't know what happened- it's like my tastebuds just went off (and the boyfriend didn't help, lol)

Well, it's a new week and I'm back on the wagon!! And I'll be sure to get in extra workouts, MORE strength training to shock my metabolism, and planning for a better weekend this time.

I hope everyone else survived the weekend a little better??
Old 04-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #33  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle125 View Post

I hope everyone else survived the weekend a little better??
Hey Michelle, there is a weekend warrior thread-- it's in featherweights, I think. I use it and it really has a positive impact on "staying OP" during the weekends.

Check it out!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #34  

Oh yeah I just saw that- thanks! That's great motivation to keep the weekends clean I am usually great on weekends, but I have no clue what happened the last 4 days!

Today's foods:

B~ 1/2 cup irish oats, 1 egg, 1 egg white
L~ 1 cup arugula, 1/4 cup beans, 1 tsp olive oil (basically, I ate 1/3 of my salad)
S~ 4 walnuts, 4 cashews
D~ wheat pita, 2 tbsp sunflower butter, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
Old 05-18-2008, 10:03 PM   #35  

Quote:
I read in The Patient's Guide to PCOS that women who become thin while having PCOS must eat considerably less than normal thin women. It even says that you may need to go as low as 1,000 or 1,100 calories a day, since PCOS'ers are such a different breed.
that sucks.. I hate eating like a damn bird and would not want to do this my entire life. blah!
EleanorRigby is offline   Reply With Quote