3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/)
-   -   PCOS Daily Food Dairies (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support/139804-pcos-daily-food-dairies.html)

Michelle125 04-14-2008 01:22 PM

PCOS Daily Food Dairies

Would anyone like to post their daily food intake here in the PCOS forum? I have been on The Insulin Restistence Diet, and "Linking-and-Balancing" my carbs. And so far I have NEVER seen such a quick difference in my tummy. My tummy has gotten really bad and flabby over the last year, a total shock, and this week it had gone down considerably. You guys don't have to be on that diet but I thought if we kept track of our eating and our carbs it would be great support. We can also post meal ideas for keeping our insulin in check. :)

kittycat40 04-14-2008 01:57 PM

I was dx'd pcos when I was 21. I was a borderline and then confirmed gestational diabetic with my pregnancies. I have been watching my calories in order to lose weight. What I am realizing is that even if I am eating whole grains... my body does not respond very well to carbs.
My glucose levels are ok now. But, I am at great risk for IR and diabetes. I would like to get a handle on healthy living now, before I am in big trouble.

Soooooo, yes, I'll post here!

Michelle125 04-14-2008 02:02 PM

Yeah I realized too that my body doesn't like carbs, but then I realized I was eating too much at once. If I keep the grain carbs (anything from bread, pasta, potatoes, ... even whole grain) at or under 30g per 2-hour period and linked with protein, I lose weight! And I also don't feel insane cravings. Like, I used to just be hungry all the time, and Atkins left me depressed and on the verge of tears from having NO carbs.

Jennifer 3FC 04-14-2008 04:39 PM

Nice idea! I can't promise how soon I will post, but I am going back to a good carb plan. I have the Carb Conscious Vegetarian, and after I make out a menu plan and get back on this track, I'd love to share daily menus! It will help me stay on track, and hopefully give somebody else some ideas.

Michelle125 04-15-2008 04:27 PM

I'm gonna go back to being veggie, too! I'm curious about how you can be low-carb veggie... that's what I need.

kittycat40 04-16-2008 10:12 AM

I love me meat. But also love the world friendly animal friendly veggie lifestyle. DH and I both lke the idea of veggie ...

Michelle125 04-16-2008 01:05 PM

Following Dr. Furhman's "Eat To Live" plan:

B~ 2 apples, 1 pear, 1 orange (chopped together with cinnamon)
L~ salad greens, 1 can kidney beans, 2 tbsp Bragg ginger dressing (olive oil based)
S~ Larabar, 1 handful cashews

rebelridergirl 04-19-2008 12:47 AM

This is a fantastic idea! I am still so unsure of which way to go for weight loss. I've heard that PCOSers are supposed to be low carb, but I'm not sure that I can honestly do Atkins for the rest of my life. Besides, I do the cooking and meal planning for Dh and I and he's a diabetic that had a heart attack 1 years ago, so I don't think Atkins is the best plan for him, either. I tend to eat too many "junky" foods on Weight Watchers b/c they fit in with the points and I don't lose much. I've thought of trying South Beach, but not sure if that's too limiting... so on, so on. Bottom line: I NEED HELP and I need to get myself on some lifestyle changing-weight loss program. I would love to add my daily menus (starting Monday) and get ideas from the rest of you. Thanks for a great idea!!!!

Jennifer 3FC 04-19-2008 01:04 AM

Hi Andrea! There are varying opinions on what diet a PCOSer should follow. Some pros suggest low carb, some good carb, and there are also studies that say just cut calories and exercise more without consideration to carbs. If you do not want to restrict your carbs in any certain way, then don't. If you are able to lose weight, great! If not, then start making changes to the carbs and see how it works for you. Maybe you are lucky and don't have to drop carbs. :)

One thing is for sure, once you lose the weight then you will most likely have your IR under control. Weight loss is the best remedy!

rebelridergirl 04-19-2008 05:47 PM

Jennifer- Thank you for that advice. Once I start to decide on one plan, then I hear something about some other weight loss plan. I get SO confused as to which way to go. WW was working for me, but I have to agree with my husband...he says that if it seems like if I'm not losing fast enough then I ditch that effort in search of the next plan. I honestly think that if I spent as much time just watching what I ate in general as I did researching diets I'd actually be in pretty decent shape!!:lol: Realistically, I know that it did not take me overnight to gain it, but somewhere deep inside (I have to admit) I want if off that fast, lol.:tantrum:

SoulBliss 04-19-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle125 (Post 2152041)
I'm gonna go back to being veggie, too! I'm curious about how you can be low-carb veggie... that's what I need.

It's simple for vegetarians, a little more complicated for vegans, but even that is possible! That is what I am doing right now! ;) http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138330

2muchbackend 04-19-2008 10:32 PM

rebelridergirl I'm in the same boat I obsess over the newest in diet instead of focusing on eating well. I always do good at weight watchers but fall of the wagon because I lose slow.
I never realize even if I lose a pound a week that's 52 lbs a year. I'm always looking for the fastest easiest way. And that's what doing me in!

preetyladyserenity 04-22-2008 06:48 AM

I don't know about the insulin resistance diet but I know my dietitian created mu diet plan knowing that I do have low insulin resistance and POCs. I am also prescribed Glucophage (3 times a day after eating, 500g). Is anyone else prescribed this medication?

nando 04-22-2008 07:14 AM

Hi Ladies,

I was diagnosed with PCOS 10 years ago, and have tried most things - Atkins, Insulin Resistance, Carb-Addict, The Zone.. I find that when I start something, it is with a vengeance - then 2 months down the road, I will go back to the old ways of snacking between meals, craving sweet stuff, the rest is history. It's back to the old weight and PLUS some.

These days, I have decided to not stress so much about food. Since adding metformin (850mg x 2 times a day,) and taking whey protein post resistance training, I have less food craving.

Today was a really good day for me :) -
I had a banana and 2 scoops of whey protein with water half an hour before workout.
I did 40 mins resistance, then, 30 mins interval training on the treadmill (2 mins walk and 2 mins run intervals.)
Post workout, I had another 2 scoops of whey protein with water, some fruits and 2 hard boiled egg whites.

Lunch - ok, ok.. I had Kung Pao chicken and salad (a little rice).

Then for snacks more fruit and a small carton of low fat milk.

It is nearly 7pm now, will probably have grilled fish with some salad for dinner and stop eating by 7.30pm.

Bed by 10pm.

So, yes, today is a good day :o)

I have bad days too.. but generally I try not to exceed 1500 cals a day, so if I choose to splurge on something, it will just minus those calories from the 1,500 and have less to eat for the rest of the day, or I will work harder at the gym and reward myself with the bad food :)

But on Sunday - ALL BETS ARE OFF! I eat whatever I want, but control the portion, for example, if I want a Snickers bar, I will buy a fun size one, instead of the big one.

It is a long journey though and some days, I just want to slide back and have those crisps and drink a can of coke...!

nando 04-22-2008 07:20 AM

Pretty Lady,

Yes, I am on Glucophage (Metformin) 850 mg twice a day.
It helps me with food cravings, I am not plagued by the need to snack as much as when I don't take it. I do have "some" side-effects in terms of gassiness if I eat too much of a bad thing - but generally, no sugar cravings since I have been on it. :)