Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/156/126

Height: 5' 2"

Default Nutrisystem

Yesterday I ordered a 4 week CORE auto-ship selection from Nutrisystem which includes 14 free shakes. I'm so anxious to begin this diet. I've lost 6 pounds cutting down on my calories since the day after Thanksgiving, but want to belong to a plan. I have 25 more pounds I want to lose. I got a very good deal on the price.

I've already contacted counseling a few times and they are wonderful. It's a free service with this diet. They're very sweet and a big help with any question I have.
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:42 PM   #2  

I'm about to order nutrasystem tomorrow. I was looking around to find the cheapest way to order right now. I have the link for 40% off, but I was wondering if I could use the Costco nutrasystem cards with that. Both me and my husband are going on it so its all going to add up!

Good luck with your start! Keep me posted.

Last edited by Fiction Ghost Writer; 01-04-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Fiction Ghost Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:53 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction Ghost Writer View Post
I'm about to order nutrasystem tomorrow. I was looking around to find the cheapest way to order right now. I have the link for 40% off, but I was wondering if I could use the Costco nutrasystem cards with that. Both me and my husband are going on it so its all going to add up!

Good luck with your start! Keep me posted.
I've read that people use the Costco Nutrisystem cards. Why not go on their site and have a live chat with a salesperson or counselor. Let us know what you've decided. I'm really excited about this diet and ordered the CORE plan so I could select my own food. The next plan up includes frozen foods, but I've got no place in my small freezer.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:22 AM   #4  

My Nutrisystem foods arrives today and I feel like a kid before Christmas. I'll begin tomorrow. I tried a 3 day pack of Jenny Craig ($39.99 all frozen foods and free shipping) and loved the food. Now I know my CORE Nutrisystem shelf stable foods won't be as good as Jenny, but that's OK. I can't afford Jenny Craig. If only it wasn't so expensive.

Last edited by Theresa; 01-07-2016 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:27 AM   #5  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

I ordered Nutrisystem from QVC (favorite channel LOL) on Sunday and it arrived Tuesday. My first day was yesterday!

I was surprised - the food that I ate yesterday was pretty good. I got "frozen" foods with mine. The pizza I had last night was terrible. I held my nose and ate it because I want to lose weight!
ap14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:47 PM   #6  

I lost 8 pounds on my own before starting Nutrisystem 3 days ago. So far so good. I did have something for lunch which was so hot, I could hardly stand it. It was the white bean chilli. I contacted counseling via chat and they're shipping me a delicious lunch bar. They're wonderful to work with.
I didn't realize you got some frozen foods with the QVC order. That's surprises me.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:19 AM   #7  

Just today and tomorrow, then my first week on Turbo10 is over. I'll weigh in on Friday and am so anxious to start with my own selections. I didn't mind the pizza which came in my Turbo box. I'm feeling thinner. My clothes already fit better. This is great!
Old 01-13-2016, 03:19 PM   #8  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
I lost 8 pounds on my own before starting Nutrisystem 3 days ago. So far so good. I did have something for lunch which was so hot, I could hardly stand it. It was the white bean chilli. I contacted counseling via chat and they're shipping me a delicious lunch bar. They're wonderful to work with.
I didn't realize you got some frozen foods with the QVC order. That's surprises me.
I had that white bean chili for lunch yesterday...OMG. I had a glass of water on hand the entire time. I even cheated (oops) and put a drop of sour cream in to knock down the heat...didn't even work. I was sweating by the time I finished it!

I've learned that the food shouldn't have even gone in the freezer (and won't be next month - it takes FOREVER to thaw!). I did it because I wasn't sure, but apparently it isn't supposed to...LOL
Old 01-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 267.5/173/130

Height: 5'5"

I have been on Nutrisystem since October and have lost about 17 lbs (95 lbs total since Aug 2014!). I lost 7.5 lbs on Fast 5 alone. I am on the vegetarian shelf-stable (no frozen) plan, but I'm thinking of ordering some frozen items a la carte with my next order. It gets better as you get more into it because you can learn what you don't like and order to your tastes. Also you learn tricks to get things to taste better.
brunchowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 293.2/293.2/115

Height: 5'1"

Talking Starting Nutrisystem Again

The last time I was on Nutrisystem, I was 16. My dad had ordered it for himself, laughed at the portion sizes, and then gave it to me.
I lost about sixty to seventy pounds on Nutrisystem, and for every ten pounds you lose (and log on their site), they send you a colorful bear with the amount you lost posted on it.

I like to think of it as a correlation to the tokens that people recovering from addictions to alcohol get for how long they've been sober.

I really feel like food is an addiction for me, so these bears really mean a lot when they arrive.

I like that there really isn't much thinking involved. You eat what they send you, and even non-starch vegetables are supposedly unlimited. So, you don't have to worry about eating too many. (Though I do still track them.)

Just bought the five day pack from Walmart, and ordered the Core plan today. Hopefully this five day pack lasts until the shipment arrives.

I can't wait to have a shelf of bears again.
wordsthatrhyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:02 PM   #11  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsthatrhyme View Post
The last time I was on Nutrisystem, I was 16. My dad had ordered it for himself, laughed at the portion sizes, and then gave it to me.
I lost about sixty to seventy pounds on Nutrisystem, and for every ten pounds you lose (and log on their site), they send you a colorful bear with the amount you lost posted on it.

I like to think of it as a correlation to the tokens that people recovering from addictions to alcohol get for how long they've been sober.

I really feel like food is an addiction for me, so these bears really mean a lot when they arrive.

I like that there really isn't much thinking involved. You eat what they send you, and even non-starch vegetables are supposedly unlimited. So, you don't have to worry about eating too many. (Though I do still track them.)

Just bought the five day pack from Walmart, and ordered the Core plan today. Hopefully this five day pack lasts until the shipment arrives.

I can't wait to have a shelf of bears again.
How do you get there bears? They sound awesome LOL
Old 01-26-2016, 03:00 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap14 View Post
How do you get there bears? They sound awesome LOL
You get the little bears for every 10 pounds you lose by logging your weight on NUMI. I weigh in weekly and have earned my first little bear that's coming with my second order which processes tomorrow. I get excited just like a kid when that big box arrives.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:06 AM   #13  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
You get the little bears for every 10 pounds you lose by logging your weight on NUMI. I weigh in weekly and have earned my first little bear that's coming with my second order which processes tomorrow. I get excited just like a kid when that big box arrives.
Oh, I ordered from QVC so I don't think that applies. Ugh, I wish I would've known about the bear though LOL
Old 01-27-2016, 11:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 267.5/173/130

Height: 5'5"

I think you can still get the bears, just sign up for the NuMi app and track your weight on that. You should get an email when you hit 10 lbs lost that asks you to verify it and then they send them out. I've gotten 2 so far!
brunchowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:12 PM   #15  

I received my second shipment of Nutrisystem today with my first little 10 pound red bear. It's so cute and on my desk. It was fun opening my big box and separating my breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks into their own boxes all lined up. I am so happy with this diet. I do like Nutrisystem very much. It's so easy and convenient.