Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Not my official weigh-in day but I dropped a lot of weight since Thursday, might've been water weight from unaccustomed sodium while at Disney. But the exciting thing is this morning I was at 299.4 -- and we all know how exciting it is when the first number on the weight changes!
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:43 PM   #407  

hello Friends
New to the forum. Started Optifast today. Fingers crossed. Looks like some of you are seeing good success, congrats!
jillian65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #408  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidstoat View Post
Not my official weigh-in day but I dropped a lot of weight since Thursday, might've been water weight from unaccustomed sodium while at Disney. But the exciting thing is this morning I was at 299.4 -- and we all know how exciting it is when the first number on the weight changes!
Congratulations I can't wait for that number to appear.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:23 PM   #409  

Let us know how it goes, jillian65, and ask if you have any questions. I've been on it 12 weeks at this point, and done it at home, at work, and on both business trips and personal vacations.

Right now I'm sitting at an airport on a business trip with a delayed flight. I've been waiting 3 hours, and have another 1 or 2 to do, and the temptation to eat candy or chips (or candy AND chips) is high! I'm not hungry. I did just eat a bar, and I have shake mix on hand too. I'm just stressed and bored and it's a habit to eat in these situations.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:49 AM   #410  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidstoat View Post
Let us know how it goes, jillian65, and ask if you have any questions. I've been on it 12 weeks at this point, and done it at home, at work, and on both business trips and personal vacations.

Right now I'm sitting at an airport on a business trip with a delayed flight. I've been waiting 3 hours, and have another 1 or 2 to do, and the temptation to eat candy or chips (or candy AND chips) is high! I'm not hungry. I did just eat a bar, and I have shake mix on hand too. I'm just stressed and bored and it's a habit to eat in these situations.
Are you doing total meal replacements? My program allows 1 meal per day. I'm finding that I'm actually ok UNTIL I eat my meal... Then I'm hungry the rest of the night! I would almost rather be totally on the shakes.
jillian65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:29 AM   #411  

It's technically full meal replacement, but I'm thinking of switching to partial meal replacement. And anyway, since my weight, muscle, and BMR are all fairly high, my doctor has me eating 1100-1300 calories a day. So I'm supposed to do 5 products, and then a 300ish calorie meal. Sometimes I do 4 products, a 300ish calorie meal, and a snack though (like a Greek yogurt or a piece of fruit) if I'm craving something different. And, I business travel a lot, so my 300ish calorie meal ends up being more like 600ish calories in a restaurant, despite trying to eat light and less than full portions. So like yesterday, with a fish taco and some beans and rice for lunch, I was at about 1400 calories for the day.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:36 AM   #412  

Starting my 12th week on the program, and week 13 is when you either extend, or transition back to 'real food'. Last week I had wanted to extend, but this week I decided to transition back. So my last full week of Optifast products!

I'll be on three products a day for the next four weeks, and then I'll probably go off them but continue going to their support meetings, which I find useful for 'keeping my head in the game'. They are much better at that than Weight Watcher meetings, for sure, in my experience.

By the time I hit 12 weeks I should have lost a little over 50 pounds, which is a great start to weight loss! Since I anticipate it taking about two years to lose all the weight I want, I might go back on Optifast again at the beginning of next year. I'll see how it goes.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:36 PM   #413  

Height: 5'9"

Hi All, I haven't check in for awhile! Rabidstoat - you are doing great!! You have had alot of temptations.

I am down 26 pounds in 8 weeks now and it feels amazing. I am stepping up my exercise this week - losing this weight feels so good that I want to feel more. I was on a plateau for two weeks and it finally broke. It took me getting sick and moving to get the scale to move again. I know that I am a slow loser.

Well, off for a swim. I am going to try really hard to do different workouts so I don't get burned out. It was 95 today here in Southern California!
Bohobabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:56 PM   #414  

S/C/G: 195/195/160

Height: 5'6

Smile Is this thread still open

Is this thread still open? I just found Optifast today and am really excited to try it.

Does anyone know which supplements we should be taking with this diet? and where do you get yours?

Last edited by KLopez88; 05-12-2016 at 10:00 PM.
KLopez88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:49 PM   #415  

Ack! I completely forgot about this thread after I finished the 16-week program. I am in 'ongoing support' now, and eating real food at about 1600 calories a day instead of 1000 calories a day (plus an occasional 'oops' day here and there). Losing about 2 pounds a week on average, except for the 2 weeks I was on a cruise which we don't talk about.

I'm still around but honestly, I'll probably forget to check in here unless I can find the option to email when the thread gets a new message. If such an option exists!

I did have a good experience with Optifast, btw, for what it's worth. Since I have a lot of weight to lose I won't be done before the end of the year, and might do round two next year.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #416  

Default help

Can I go on a liquid diet using my own why protein powder?
Kmasiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:28 AM   #417  

S/C/G: 170/166/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Just Starting

Hi guys,
I read this entire thread before deciding to jump into the forum. Never subscribed to a forum before so I thought I'd give it a try.
I am on Day 2 of Optifast I am doing 6 shakes a day. I feel tired and lethargic. Last time I did this program a few years ago I had started out with phentermine which makes it easy not to worry about eating but I had a bad reaction to it and stopped the program all together. So giving it a try drug free. Reading the post gave me encouragement!
Kojoshogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:13 AM   #418  

S/C/G: 273/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default New to Optifast Too / Thanks for the Great Thread!

Hey Kojoshogirl! I'm new to Optifast too.. Just started three weeks ago. I'm loving how good I feel and the weight loss results are more powerful than any other diet I've been on. I've lost 15lbs in my three weeks on plan and just don't feel hungry. I find the whole thing really surprising. How are things going for you?

And thanks to those of you who started this thread! It has been part of my motivation, so I too decided to join in and post!
kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:45 AM   #419  

S/C/G: 170/166/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kittens,
I had a 4 lb. loss my first week. I am doing this on an "individual plan" so I just have 6 appointments that I can use when to use with the clinic, so I haven't been officially weighed since then. I know I am going down because my home scale is going down, although we all know your home scale is not accurate, not the same as the clinic scale. But I think it's going in the right direction. I'm 50 years old 5'4" starting out at 170lbs. My goal is to lose 20 lbs, and maybe an extra 5 if it's going well. Nothing is easy at 50! I am still hungry but less lethargic. I started a daily 2 mile walk since Friday and it seems to be going well. I have supplemented the shakes with snacking on a few nuts and lots of blueberries. I have eaten some salad and a 100 calorie Healthy Pop bag of popcorn, so I would say I am sticking to it about 90% of the time. Congrats on your loss!!
Kojoshogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:27 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 273/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Congrats on your loss Kojoshogirl! I'm sure that the clinic scale will back it up! I have supplements shakes with the bars and as you say, every now and then nuts. Fruit is already on my plan as it is a partial fast, which I love. I wish I could have more fruit, but the sugar.. Again, congrats to you and nice to see you here! Glad someone else is working the optifast program!
kittens is offline   Reply With Quote