Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #271  

Yeah I add it only to my lean and green...the WS entrees are salty enough
So I found a way of making the double choc cake taste better..

Add 1/4 cup of water, pinch of cinnamon and half a packet of sweetener.. I only microwave for 50 seconds too...it tastes better than the first time I had it 100%
Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013ismyyear View Post
So I found a way of making the double choc cake taste better..

Add 1/4 cup of water, pinch of cinnamon and half a packet of sweetener.. I only microwave for 50 seconds too...it tastes better than the first time I had it 100%
I have tried something similar. I have tried WF chocolate syrup. I have tried adding cocoa powder, butter and vanilla extracts, fat free cream cheese, Splenda, and milk. I have tried mixing it with other WS flavors and making a gooey cake. Maybe it is the fact I am a baker. Maybe it is the fact I like cake. Maybe it is the fact I don't like microwave desserts. Whatever it is, I still stand by my belief that I'd be better off dragging my tongue across sharp shards of glass and dog poop.

In all seriousness, if it works for you, huzzah! When you have IM abilities, send me a message and I'll be glad to send my left overs of this junk to you. Unlike the berry smoothie, I tried HARD to like it, so I still have a few packs laying somewhere.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #273  

Haha LOL wow since you are a baker, I'd LOVE for you to make me a cake..
Even though we both arent supposed to eat cake hehehe :P
Old 03-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #274  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

My lean and green was an omelet w/side salad & veggies.
Snack: mocha pudding.

I, too, have tried doctoring the choc cake....no matter what I do, it always has a funny taste.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #275  

How do you all usually cook? Like do you use pam, the reduced fat margarine..etc..
Id love lots of tips in general from you all, I love tips
Old 03-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #276  

irish - great minds think alike!

2013 - I actually have the super duper heavy duty non stick pans that are more than slightly expensive. (I could have shot my husband when he bought them, but now I think they are amazing!!!) I actually tend not to use Pam or margarine unless I am putting it in the oven, in which case, I use the olive oil Pam. In fact, I use olive oil for most everything as it is a healthy fat, and I use it very sparingly. For example, my garlic pepper asparagus. I have to sautee the minced garlic. I USED to use butter, but have since learned not such a good idea. So, I sautee it in a table spoon of olive oil now, add my asparagus, cook until tender and carmalized, then sprinkle a wee bit of salt and tons of cracked peppercorn on top. Not quite the same flavor as if I used butter, but still pretty good...and a healthier than what I used to eat.

In my expereince, margarine heats differently than butter....it melts at a lower temp, so there is always have a slight burnt taste I can detect. My husband claims I am full of it, but I SWEAR the taste is there.

I recommend anything Nava Atlas. She is vegan but has tons of recipes that are superb! I find I do a lot of experimenting in the kitchen. I was craving pasta one day. I mean CRAVING it. So, I checked out Miracle Noodle since the local Asian Mart sells it (best place to get veggies/fruits/tofu by the way!) Not quite pasta, but close enough. Got rid of my craving, and NO NET CARBS!

Pretty much, don't be afraid to try new things. After all, baked chicken gets boring after week 3.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #277  

Breakfast: WS oatmeal cookie w/icing
WS Raspberry hot chocolate

I really need to change up breakfast.

Lunch: WS Spicy cheese pasta
WS Mocha shake/pudding (aspartame free)

2013 I use the olive oil Pam. When I want roasted green beans, I will place the green beans in a plastic bag,spray w/olive oil Pam, throw in some salt and shake it up to coat.I spray the pan also with the olive oil.

Depending on my week, if I need to increase my calories and my fat I will sometimes use a small amount of olive oil

Last edited by irish51; 03-13-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #278  

I see, thanks for all the helpful information guys.. so heres another one, today I worked 2 to 10 shift.. I had

Breakfast - choc shake, berries cereal and small peach
Lunch - lean and green of shrimp salad from yday, choc mint shake
Snack during break i had my bar..
Im home now at 10 and ill he having my spicy cheese pasta and another shake..

I sleep at like 2 am everyday so no worries bout sleeping on a full stomach..

So my q is, is what im doing okay? Any tips on how i can improve or is it fine?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #279  

Dinner: 3 oz sirloin steak, salad
Snack: WS chocolate shake

2013 Looks like you are doing well.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #280  

Oooh whatd you season your steak and salad with irish? Sounds delish
Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #281  

Ah, it was kind of boring, grilled the steak (all 3oz ) on my Foreman grill. I really only threw some salt on it. I am not a salt user, but I was feeling light headed,so I thought it might help.

Salad was lettuce,cucumbers & spinach.

All in all not very exciting, but I was hungry and not in the mood to cook. Kinda of shows,right?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #282  

No way, i have the same grill
Omg sounds delish tho, can you cook for me
tomorrow im having tandoori chicken and maybe sautee or bake some peppers and broccoli
Old 03-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #283  

Yesterday I had a 4 ounce salmon patty with garlic brocolli and a side salad. Nothing all that amazing...but quick. And considering I am the only one in the house that likes fish (I grew up on the coast) I figured a can of salmon is cheaper than the real deal for just little ol' me and it would be something easy to make as a second dinner since no one else will eat it. The things I do for my family.

OH! New NSV! I went shoe shopping yesterday. Way back when, I used to be a size 8-1/2 to 9. Past several years I have had to buy size 11's. Yesterday, I bought a size 9-1/2!!!! And it is a wee bit too big (but 9's were still too small). WOOHOO!!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 215/215/180

Height: 5'11"

Thanks to all of the fabulous feedback about the program, I ordered my first round of WS products yesterday. I'm looking forward to their arrival! I have about 50 pounds to lose and, like many of you, have lost those same 50 pounds over and over again. The last time around I did some serious damage to my metabolism by eating 300 calories or less daily for 9 months. Of course it all came right back on once I got into therapy and now I cannot get that scale to budge one ounce! I work out a lot, lift weights, eat VERY healthy (100% "clean", 1200 calories per day or less), etc.... but to no avail. WS products are going to be a shock to my system as I have not eaten any processed food for over a year. I have seen 3 nutritionists and 2 personal trainers and I'm still fat! I know that VLCDs work for me, so that's the route I've decided to go. I'm looking forward feeling in control of my weight again!!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #285  

So i had the oatmeal, it was terribleeee bleh...
Having tandoori chicken for dinner, any suggestions on wat veggies i should broil along, i cant pick :P
Closed Thread