3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

WS with foods from the grocery store?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #1

Default WS with foods from the grocery store?

Anyone do this? Buying from WS / Diet Direct isn't an option for me - the funds simply aren't there. I can however buy things regularly available at our local grocery store, as long as they aren't too pricy.

Has anyone done this? I looked today and found a few items I think should work and come out okay, like the Jillian Michaels whey powder makes a shake identical to the WS pudding shakes.

If you do this - what do you use to sub for WS foods? I'm really looking for a sub for the dessert item and the snack bar - everything else I've found something that works already.

Also, does anyone know of a way to get the WS guide without buying a package?

And yes I'm aware this isn't doing proper WS, but my Doctor has approved it and is monitoring me.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #2

S/C/G: 198/tracker/160

Height: 5'5.5"

You can download the pdf of the eating plan on the website.

Pure Protein bars would probably be comparable. I would check out Genisoy crisps for a savory snacks. Kashi has higher protein cereals.

Basically the plan can be summed up to this:

1 Protein serving, cooked weight 4oz very lean (140 cals/serving) or 3 oz lean (170 cals/serving)

2 vegetables (approximately 25 calories/serving)

1 fruit (approximately 60 calories/serving)

1 starch (approximately 80 cal/serving)

2 optional (<20 cals/serving) (1 of these can be a dairy) (dairy 50/cal a serving)

7 meal substitutes (3 meal replacements, 3 protein supplements, 1 bar)

Most of the meal subs have between 70-150 calories and 12-15 gm of protein.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” Gandalf

"I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them." Jane Austen
Finny321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.