3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Other Reduced Carb Diets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets-227/)
-   -   Dukan Diet Support Part 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets/262305-dukan-diet-support-part-3-a.html)

Eloise123 01-08-2013 09:34 PM

Hi Ladies! Can I join you? I too just begun Dukan and could really use a friend or two! I do fine for about 3 days, but after that I fall off the wagon!

Eloise123 01-08-2013 09:35 PM

Maybe we could be on a buddy list together?

Allimac1 01-09-2013 04:12 AM

Hi guys and welcome Eloise ... I know what you mean about the 3 days but if you can get past those 3 days it gets easier! The cravings for carbs/sugars definitely lessens - I was really hungry one of the evenings even though I had eaten loads and was so tempted to have someting but in the end had some fat free yoghurt with oat bran.

I have just finished 7 days of Attack and lost 8 lbs ... I am supposed to go on Cruise today but I'm a bit nervous about it ... I kind of feel I am doing so well (even psychologically) and afraid if I start adding to the food list I'll crack!!

Anyway, hope everyone else is doing well :)

Onwards and inwards!!!!!

April Snow 01-09-2013 12:51 PM

Hi Eloise!!

The one thing that has helped me is making sure I'm taking good vitamins and esp. potassium. That helps me get through the "Induction Flu" symptoms and stick with it.

Also, since your weight is not too high, I'm guessing your Attack is likely short? So you've got your yummy PV veggies to look forward to!!

April Snow 01-09-2013 12:55 PM

But time for my confession. I'm not 100% on plan yet. It's silly but I had food I didn't want to waste. So I'm doing portion/calorie control but still eating some non-Dukan food. I was going to just toss it but felt too bad about doing that and my son refused it (he's 8 and a little picky). I have lost a little bit of weight, and hoping that I'll still see a nice rush when I start full fledged Attack in another day or two.

I'm going to do my full 7 days, whenever I start, so I'll get some of those days in this week and then the rest next week, so hopefully, between the first two weeks, I'll still see a good total number on the scale! And timing wise, I think this will actually be good, because I usually do get a couple of rough Induction days, but they will hit over the weekend when it will be easier to cope.

I'm doing good getting in my 20 minutes of walking though!!

April Snow 01-09-2013 04:11 PM

Saw a reference to this on another thread and googled it and found a recipe.

Cauliflower crust pizza

http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2012/0...iflower-crust/

Looks yummy and definitely PV friendly! This weekend will be Attack days, but I'm definitely planning on trying this the following weekend.

April Snow 01-10-2013 03:32 PM

Ok, Attack Day 1 today! The scale was looking better than expected this morning so that was a good motivation to get serious about this. I'm doing a 7 day Attack phase and hopefully will see some good results.

April Snow 01-11-2013 02:27 PM

Hi Allimac1 and Eloise123 and any other Dukaners out there!!

Today is day 2 of Attack for me. Yesterday was a little rocky but not awful and today seems to be better/easier. Maybe easing into it like this with a few days of calorie counting and fewer carbs than normal (but nowhere as low as Dukan numbers) was a good way to do this.

I feel like I'm already starting to have a bit more energy, and the appetite suppression seems to be kicking in too. Here's hoping I'm over the worst of the adjustment alread!

The scale was looking good too, and I'm really hoping for a good number on Sunday, with 2 more full days of Attack between now and then.

PinkWaterfall 01-13-2013 01:51 AM

Hello everyone!
I'm brand new to the forum!
I've been on the Dukan Diet for 7 days now... and lost 2.75kg/about 6 lbs so far.

I found the attack phase hard for the first few days, then after a few days it seemed to become a lot easier.
I'm now in the Cruise stage and everything is going well - I haven't cheated once :)

April Snow 01-13-2013 09:36 AM

Welcome PinkWaterall! And Congrats on your success so far!

April Snow 01-13-2013 09:15 PM

Chicken parm meatballs

http://www.dinneralovestory.com/chicken-parm-meatballs/

I made them more Dukan friendly by skipping the olive oil, cutting way back on the parm cheese and using 1/3 cup of oatbran instead of breadcrumbs. I did use some low fat mozz but I find I can use a bit more fat than is supposed to be allowed, as long as I keep my carbs in check.

I guess this is technically a PV recipe, but I'm not going to worry over a couple of tablespoons of no sugar added spaghetti sauce. :D

domesticbliss 01-13-2013 10:12 PM

Starting tomorrow I will officially be a Dukaner!
I am hard boiling a pot of eggs right now, and I've got my freezer stocked with precooked lean beef and turkey...
I am actually looking forward to changing my eating habits, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm sick of sugar.
I toyed around with the idea of doing Ideal Protein and Atkins, but I like the low-fat options Dukan has you eat.

PinkWaterfall 01-13-2013 11:01 PM

Those Chicken Parm Meatballs look so yummyyy!!! :D

Allimac1 01-14-2013 03:52 AM

Hi fellow dukaners ...... I am now in cruise phase, I stayed a bit longer on Attack than perhaps I should have but I was afraid to start change my diet! I ate so well on Saturday ... OMG at one point I felt really full and that was only because I had a steak and added mushrooms, onions, peppers, and had some spinach, basil and tomato ... it was gorgeous! It's amazing how by simply cutting back and eating basic food for a week or so how much my taste buds reacted!

I have to hold my hand up and say I cheated slightly .... had a glass of wine on Saturday and Sunday nights ... I'm not going to be beat myself up over it though ... overall by allowing myself to do things lilke this I'll be more inclined to keep going :dizzy:

April Snow 01-14-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allimac1 (Post 4589306)
I have to hold my hand up and say I cheated slightly .... had a glass of wine on Saturday and Sunday nights ... I'm not going to be beat myself up over it though ... overall by allowing myself to do things lilke this I'll be more inclined to keep going :dizzy:

The last time I did this, I was OBSESSED with staying on plan. And I did a pretty good job of it and had great success. But I also crashed and crashed hard and ended up falling off the wagon completely and regaining almost everything.

This time, I am trying to be a little more relaxed about it. No, I'm not having routine cheats, and I'm going to try to stay on plan as much as possible, which is going to be almost all of the time.

But I'm also not going to turn my life upside down. For instance, my work colleagues and I all go out for lunch to celebrate each other's birthdays. That happens once a month or so. So I'm going to go out to lunch, make as good a choice as I can with whatever the menu happens to be and then move on. And if that means I eat a little bit of food that would not be on plan, so be it. This has to be a lifelong journey and I need to find ways to make it fit my life instead of the other way around, even during Cruise.