3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Other Reduced Carb Diets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets-227/)
-   -   Dukan Diet Support Part 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets/262305-dukan-diet-support-part-3-a.html)

Filcha 08-01-2012 08:59 PM

Sorry, I forgot the recipe last night (and it's very cold up in my computer room this time of year!). I'll try again tonight.

Isles 08-02-2012 07:21 AM

:)locastella, where are you going in the US???

Anna, I think between the diet and the extreme heat we are having it is just making me a zombie....don't feel like eating let alone cooking so I just keep my water handy. Actually I am terrible at cooking even when it isn't hot.

FOUR work lunches this week....jeez, I swear we never had this many BEFORE I decided to Dukan! :mad:

My weight loss has been painfully slow...but at least is going down. With all the eating out I have had to do I just thankful for that. :)

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

locastella 08-03-2012 06:45 PM

I am in Montana!!

Filcha 08-05-2012 10:22 PM

Hi all, sorry, keep forgetting that recipe when I am at home. The Olypics aren't helping me to get into my computer room! Will try again. Isles, don't worry too much about slow loss, as long as it is heading in the right direction!

Filcha 08-06-2012 09:23 AM

Here it is at last:

Oat Bran & Goji Muffins:
Ingredients:
300 ml oatbran
2 eggs
1t baking powder
3 T goji berries
1t vanilla essence
5 T fat free yoghurt
Optional: 1 t natvia

Spray patty pans with a little cooking spray. Spoon in mixture.
Bake at 175 for 25 minutes

Variation:
Instead of vanilla essence, add 2 t low fat cocoa powder and 1t natvia

Variation 2:
Instead of vanilla essence, add 1 t cinnamon and 1 t natvia

Notes: t = teaspoon
T = tablespoon
C = cup
Natvia = a stevia-based sweetner

locastella 08-14-2012 12:05 PM

Well I survived my 4500km road trip and managed to loose 2.2 pounds. Would have liked it to be more but it is a lose and I will take it!

Filcha 08-14-2012 10:49 PM

Well done! It is very difficult to stay on plan whe you are away so you've done well to get any loss at all!

pattygirl63 08-25-2012 01:14 AM

New to Dukan

One of the beauticians where I get my haircut told me about this diet when I noticed how good she really looked and she said she was doing Dukan and showed me her book. I went right out and bought the book but took me a while to decide to do it as I don't like eating no carbs. However, I do like the benefits so I'm starting the Attack Phase in the morning (Sat). I was excited to find y'all here on 3fc and hope we can keep this thread going and would love to be part of this group. It is my hope that I will be able to at least do 5 days but hope I can do 7 days on this 1st phase before starting the next phase. I'm not sure I can do 10 although I know that would be really good for me.

amak30 08-25-2012 08:28 AM

Hi Trisha and welcome
Glad you've decided to give the diet a go, as it really does work
The attack phase really gets you off to a flying start, but I'm not sure if 10 days is a good idea but see how you go
The one thing that I found about this diet is that you need to be very organised as you don't want to get caught out without having the right foods handy.
I started in late January this year and this forum was very active which I found very supportive. A couple of us have tried to keep it going but it's been very quiet lately.
Hopefully new people like you will join and keep it going
Good luck with you journey and if you have any questions please ask.
Anna

pattygirl63 08-25-2012 08:09 PM

Hi Anna, thanks for the welcome. I've made the 1st day and am going to aim for the 5 days. I'm not sure about 7 day and I don't think I even want to do 10. I will be extremely ready for veggie by the 6th day. Thanks for the advice.

pattygirl63 08-26-2012 03:37 PM

The first day was long, but I stayed OP. Today is a little easier. I didn't make the pancake today, but I did use the 11/2T oat bran. I took the plain Greek yogurt and added the oat bran, 2 boiled eggs and Mrs. Dash seasoning and mixed it for a good breakfast. I am not going to think about having to do this 7 or 10 days... just take it one day at a time.

Official weight start yesterday was 234 and today was 229. I have been dealing with quite a bit of swelling since I hurt my knee about 6 weeks ago so I know the loss is all fluid, but it is almost back where my weight was before the injury. Have to say even that is a real boost for me.

I do hope we can get this group going. We will see.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

locastella 08-29-2012 03:35 PM

Hi All,
Been a very busy month for me. Have traveled approx 6500 kms since Aug 2 and still managed to lose weight. That really tells me that you can make this program work anywhere, anytime!! I didn't loose a lot of weight this month only 5.4 lbs. Compared to some that is not at lot but I am very happy with it as I am really trying not to compare to anyone else. They are not me and I am not them.
Having survived this month and been successful I feel as tho I can see this through anything.

Welcome Trish :)

pattygirl63 08-29-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locastella (Post 4452289)
Hi All,
Been a very busy month for me. Have traveled approx 6500 kms since Aug 2 and still managed to lose weight. That really tells me that you can make this program work anywhere, anytime!! I didn't loose a lot of weight this month only 5.4 lbs. Compared to some that is not at lot but I am very happy with it as I am really trying not to compare to anyone else. They are not me and I am not them.
Having survived this month and been successful I feel as tho I can see this through anything.

Welcome Trish :)

Thanks for the welcome. Congratulations on losing while on a trip and on not comparing yourself with others. I feel the same way. I never lose as quickly as others so I have to always remind myself of that. I'm in the Attack phase for 2 more days and my weight loss has been water weight so I know it is not weight, but water weight that I had gained recently. But I will gladly take it any way. Every person is different. I met someone on another site who said she didn't lose one lb the 1st month that she was on it but then when she started to lose she losed really fast and had to add foods into her plan per her doc because she needed to slow it down for her health. I haven't been able to do any real exercise yet because of having to wait until my knee is healed and then will start rather slow when I do.

I think you have done a good job dieting while traveling and losing too. You should be proud of yourself.

locastella 08-30-2012 01:09 PM

Hi Trish,
A note on comparing ourselves to others-
I have a friend who has had amazing and I mean amazing results on Ideal Protein, she has lost 52 lbs in 90 days and has another 50 to lose. I actually tried it but have an intolerance to whey, which is the main component of most of their products. As it turns out while I am envious of her rapid weight loss I can't help but feel that when she returns to regular food things are going to be tough!! I am pretty sure they would be for me at any rate.So although this Dukan way is slower it is real food and something I feel I can sustain. I have to be on cruise phase until February and I am pretty sure I couldn't live on powdered food even half that long. So I keep telling myself anyway!!
I have to keep pinching myself because I exercised like crazy for a year and lost 25 lbs, I have lost 24 since June 25 and I am only walking and eating DD. So it's a great thing for me. Hopefully your knee heals quickly. You really can only think of it as one day at a time, and really what else matters? I keep telling myself that, deal with today and the future I tend to obsess about will find me at my TW!!
Have a great day.

Trenchie 09-09-2012 08:02 PM

hey :) can I join you here? I will start dukan on october first. Not that I don't want to start right now, I could actually but I'm going on a backpacking trip in 10 days for another 10 days so... yeah, no way I could only eat protein and veggies when, most of the times, we get food given by others...

anyway, started some small changes to make it easier but I am glad to see a Dukan section on this forum. I like IP and I like their snacks, I love whey protein so it tastes good to me but it's way too expensive to eat three of their things each day and I prefer real food.

I did dukan in the past, lost 25 pounds in 6 weeks and lost about 60cm on my body, which was amazing but again, backpacking trip for three weeks and I didn't find the strenght to get on it again after that and gained it all back. That's why I want to wait before I start. Can I just come and get to know you all before I start?

thanks and keep it up! :)