3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Other Reduced Carb Diets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets-227/)
-   -   Dukan Diet Support Part 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets/262305-dukan-diet-support-part-3-a.html)

holleyann1 09-29-2014 01:53 PM

After my doc recommended Dukan to me a couple of weeks ago, I researched it and thought...why not give it a try! We are doing a "Biggest Loser" contest where I work so this is a great opportunity for me to try this diet and maybe win the contest. We weighed in of Friday so I started the "diet" for dinner that evening. It is now Monday and I have lost a total of 4.4lbs. Still a long way to go but and encouraged to see results!!!! According to the dukan diet website I should do the Attack phase for 3 days. Think I am going to stretch it to 5. I am not a veggie person...but I am looking forward to eating something different than protein, protein, protein.

Any tips or variations of meals are greatly appreciated!:)

Golda 03-27-2015 04:58 AM

Hey guys - hows everyone going with the Dukan diet? I'm on Day 10 now and have seen good results so far. This thread hasn't been active for a while, but I'm sure I'm not the only one going Dukan!!:dizzy:

Newmomanorcal 05-17-2015 11:55 AM

Hello!

Hi Golda and any other Dukaners!

I started the Dukan diet a week ago and I have having good results so far. My history, I was 204 when I gave birth to my daughter. I settled out to 189, with daily walks and eating healthier. I did a boot camp exercise program for 7 weeks, six workouts a week and lost a defeating 5.5 pounds. I switched to Dukan diet with less intense exercise 6 days a week and have lost 5 additional pounds.

Anyone else actively on Dukan 1 or 2?

PBogho57 08-11-2015 10:51 AM

Dukan Diet sugar/carbs

Hi, I am confused on the whole dairy thing with Dukan Diet. They tell you to only have ff dairy, but when it is ff the sugar/carb content is higher than the full fat version. It is my understanding that the sugar/carb is what effects your insulin, and not the fat. Help clarify I am confused!!

chubbysmall 08-13-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBogho57 (Post 5192720)
Hi, I am confused on the whole dairy thing with Dukan Diet. They tell you to only have ff dairy, but when it is ff the sugar/carb content is higher than the full fat version. It is my understanding that the sugar/carb is what effects your insulin, and not the fat. Help clarify I am confused!!

To be honest, I don't know. What I do know is that I tried the Mediterranean diet before which allows a lot of dairy and cheese and olive oil.

I tried the Dukan these past few months and I have lost weight at a much faster and steady pace. It has way less fat because they don't allow oils, or cheese etc. I don't go nutz on the dairly though. I eat plain yogurt in recipes, fat free milk in my morning coffee and occasional sour cream dipping sauce.

milacikova 10-23-2016 07:44 AM

Hi all,

Is this really the latest Dukan-related thread? I've been binge-reading my way through the first 2 support strings, only to find that this one ended last year...

...but I need Dukan buddies and you all seem like a lovely bunch of people! I've over 60 lbs to loose and I can't do this on my own :cry:

Am on day 5 of my 6-day attack phase, just had a nice lunch of marinated smoked salmon and tofu. Not finding this phase anywhere near as monotone or difficult as expected after reading a bit online.

Is there anyone still out there who wants to share their experience or is just about to start on Dukan? Come forth, I won't bite;)

Mila