Old 02-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #46  

Thumbs down Arrrgggh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tego View Post
Flu-like symptoms.

I looked at the can of Slim Fast protein shake ingredients and realized I HAD NOT bought the low-carb variety and had guzzled three cans of 25-net-carb corn syrup-sweetened stuff in two days. That is probably why I felt sick.
tego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #47  

Default Day 7 on MM

I am talking to myself in this forum.
tego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 249/237/149

Height: 5'6"

Default Metabolism Miracle

Hello! Are you still following MM? My hubby and I will be starting Wednesday of this week. I used to be a calorie counter,but that caused me to be on the weight gain/loss rollercoaster.
TowTruckWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 310/279.1/180

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

I am following the MM and I am on my 9th day! I feel great!!!!
madismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 226/213/174

Height: 5'7

Is anyone still doing this? I started it last year and lost 26lbs but then I hurt my back and was off work for 3 weeks and I fell off the plan. The infuriating thing is I maintained my weight for a good 3 months before it started to creep back on. I started trying to lose weight again last week but becasue we have so much fresh fruit in our garden at the moment I am doing low GI. When it's all out of season I am going to start this plan again as I know it works and I know it works well!
Pickle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Can you pl explain what metabolism miracle is. Thanks
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:07 AM   #52  

The theory behind it is that there are 2 types of metabloism - A and B. People with type A deal with carbohydrates normally. When they diet they can lose weight easily by following decreased calories in minus increased calories out = weight loss. For people with metabolism B they respond to carbs differently and in a sense carbs actually make them put on weight even if their calorie expenditure is greater than their calorie intake. For all those people who find it almost impossible to lose weight no matter how careful they are with their meals and how much exercise they do it is likely they have metabolism B. It's a bit hard to explain but when I first read the book it was like it had been written about me!

It goes in 3 phases. 1st phase is elimination of carbs for a maximum of 8 weeks only. 2nd phase you start to reintroduce carbs but in a specific order. You do this phase for as long as is needed to reach your goal weight the final phase is the maintenance phase where you introduce even more carbs but by now your body can deal with them provided you don't go overboard with them because you have reset how your body works and responds to carbs in the 1st two phases.

If you google Dianne Kress you'll find lots of info about it. Hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:11 AM   #53  

Well, the plums in my garden have finished so it's Day 1 for me. I'm out for lunch today so I'm making a packed lunch of salad wit olives and cheese (forgot to buy feta so it's a twist on a greek salad!) with some seasoned nuts as a mid morning snack. Dinner will be baked fish with seasonal veg and breaqkfast was scrambled egg with cooked tomatoes and mushrooms

Am I alone on this thread or is anyone else doing MM at the moment? Would be nice to have some company if you're out there!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #54  

Default Newbie to MM here.

hi Pickle. I am starting the MM tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous about whether or not I will feel full without eating the carbs but definitely looking forward to some results!
MMNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 290/250/160

Height: 5'8"

I have been on MM for 6 days and really do feel a lot better. What I am completely amazed at is I have no craving for sweets!!! Major accomplishment for me. I actually made my family a fresh apple cake with pecan butter glaze, and was ok while I watched them eat it!!! I sat in amazement, but I really could have cared less about eating the cake!! So it is working!! But sometimes I feel like I am eating too many fat grams.....I guess it is a new way of eating/thinking and I have to get used to it!

anyone out there on Metabolism Miracle????
lulu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 182/182/128

Height: 5'2"

Smile

You aren't alone. Plus, I'm in England too.

I'm starting on Monday and can't wait. It looks like an easy way to eat for this vegetarian and diabetic.

Last edited by descartesmum; 01-06-2012 at 01:13 PM.
descartesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #57  

I started MM on Dec. 28. Today is Day 10. I'm so happy not to be hungry. I was never a sugar or carb eater, but portion control is a big issue for me.

Hoping to talk with others on MM here.
suzanne627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #58  

Default metabolism miracle just started

Hi

I started it a week ago. I'm not suppose to weigh myself and I did. No weight loss ! I'm a typical Met B that is described in Diane Kress book. Did this happen to any of you?

Darlene
dar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #59  

Hi dar77,

I haven't weighed yet. The temptation is strong! I have a balance scale and have stood on it set at my starting weight. The beam goes down with a resounding clunk. I don't consider that to be weighing myself, but it is a good sign.
suzanne627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #60  

I hope my posts go through. They may be repeated. I have been on Met Miracle for a week. I know I wasn't suppose to weigh myself but I did and didn't lose a lb. I am a typical Met B person. Pre diabetic. Need to lose 20lbs. Did any of you have a hard time losing initially ? I looked for that website metabolismmirraclefriends.com and couldn't find it. Do any of you use that forrum. If so could you please tell me the correct website.

I hope I can start communicating with you all. I'm very discouraged right now..
dar77 is offline   Reply With Quote