Old 01-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 228/198/140

Height: 5'4"

I am mostly back in the swing of things. I made it through the initial week but the last three days I have had these huge cravings that are driving me batty. I eat nuts or s/f jello or have a low carb pb&j wrap to kill the hunger but 10 minutes after i eat my stomach is growling again. I don't get it and it is infuriating. I broke down and ate an orange yesterday and then had a banana with breakfast this morning. The worst one is that I ate an ice cream bar yesterday too. And the sad part was that it helped.
I wonder if my exercise routine isn't burning too many calories and my body is telling me it needs more fuel. I am doing about 3.5 miles in a run/walk combination and then do my mini stairstepper for 5-7 minutes. I also do the AB circle pro for 2-3 minutes before and after my treadmill time.

How are things going for you? I really do suggest the massage, I was hesitant to do it because of my weight and just because I thought it would be weird. But it has done wonders that the chiro never accomplished before.
With all that we have in common, do I have lost sibling my parents never mentioned...lol

Well, pray for my eating habits this weekend. The way the last couple of days have been I don't stand a chance if I can't get this under control before we go see the Cowboys - Vikings game Sunday. I have never been to a NFL game but I am pretty certain that low carb food isn't a high priority there...lol...at least til now the no-no's have been healthy, even the icream bar was a low fat ice cream.
I may be off for a few days since we are leaving tomorrow. So have a great weekend and go get that massage!
ktbuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #17  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Stormgirl~ there is a MM message board called metabolism miracle friends .com for more info. I visited there a bit. I kind of tweaked the plan with the dr as my bg was too high so I'm not doing any of the low fat stuff. Have you tracked calories just to see? I'm finding I'm between 1650 and 1800 generally.

Sometimes too low of calories can have an adverse effect too.

Ktbuggs~ ah girl I feel for you! Those cravings suck!!!!!! Sadly we have all been there. I think you are riht and maybe you do need more fuel. Have you tried a little extra fat to kill cravings???? You are really getting the exercise!!!!

Back is doing better. I can sit some (yeah!). I think I will try massage. We used to have a massage therapist and the shop and I did once get a deep tissue massage. Hurt but very effective.

LOL we do have a lot in common! Have fun at the viking game and stay strong. Hot dogs minus bun might work.

Have a great weekend both of you
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #18  

Game was fun but the Cowboys lost. They deserved it with the way they played, maybe next year will be their year.
I tried to be good but the game was hard and I had what I will call one splurge since it was all in one afternoon. I had three Mike's lemonades as well as a hotdog - with the bun- and I ate some of my dh nachos. I am pretty sure that is why the scale was 2 lbs heavier this morning. I did 4 miles though tonight to offset that with any luck.
I emailed Diane about the fuel question and I haven't heard back. I am going to ask my doc tomorrow though since I have to have a recheck anyway.
Honestly though I have been having about one splurge a day for the last week just so that I can curb the hunger. After the game I was so full I couldn't eat til this morning and that was the first time I have felt that way in well over a week. For some reason my body just doesn't want to give up the carbs this time and that worries me. I lost so much the first time around on this and I was really looking forward to doing it again.
Thanks for the support, both my best friends try but my size 4-6 friend thinks the diet is great for getting her into her slim size 4's and she really doesn't think I need to lose weight I know she means well and it is hard to understand when you don't have to fight the weight. My other best friend thinks that i am crazy for giving up the carbs and she just doesn't get it, though she did notice and profusely comment the first time she saw me after I lost the first 30lbs.
Hope all is going well for you and I hope that if you haven't gotten the massage yet that it is at the top of your list of to do's.
Also sorry the messages are so long..I have been told I am a bit of a chatter box at times...lol

Kate
Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #19  

Hi Kate! Glad you had fun at the game! I maybe should be shot for saying this but I don't see a thing wrong with splurging on a special occasion. As far as more fuel I'd add more protein and fat if you are comfortable with that. I don't follow MM 100% because of refusing to use low fat stuff and really lean meat. I tried but my BG went up and I was hungry.

In all honesty too I have managed to flop once a week and have an off plan meal. So far I keep losing well. Knock on wood! I better knock it off though because that luck likely won't hold. Sat nights dinner out was off plan and followed by too much bubbly ( we had a kid free night!)

Yeah, it is hard for naturally thin folks to quite "get it". Glad she tries though. Many of my friends are pudgy but have given up totally. Not much support there.

I'm kind of a chatter box to so chat away!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #20  

Okay so I talked with my doc about the diet. He thinks that my body just needs more fuel with the exercise that I am getting. He gave me kudos for getting this far but he says that when I wasn't exercising the diet was easier because I wasn't demanding as much, now that I am trying to start back while I am still exercising it needs the fuel.
I didn't really get into the exercise the last time till about the last three weeks and even then it was 1.5-2 miles at most. This time I am already at the 3+ miles a day and then trying to give up the fuel that has been making that possible. He recommeded that I add more protein and try to eat good carbs at supper and then cut back suring the day if I want to. Kind of like the carb loading that a runner would do before a race.
I never cut the fats from my diet last time or this time other that eating a few fat free items that I do happen to like. I guess I will add more protein, I already am adding eggs and nuts plus I eat summer sausage and natural peanut butter for snacks (not together...lol).
I guess we will see what happens. He did tell me to be sure to take my multivitamin and he said to be sure to get 800+IU of vitamin D a day.
I already knew about the vitamin D though. that was one of the health issues I was having. Ended up having to go to the University of Iowa to find out that the lethargy and weight gain was from a severe vitamin D defficiency. I had had Lyme Disease the year before that and they initially though it may have been a recurrence but then that didn't pan out and they ran some endocrine tests and found that my Vitamin D level was really low.
So I guess I will go the route of a regular old healthy eating diet plan. I know I can do this. It was just easier when I was giving up one whole thing. Now that I need to have the carbs it will be really hard to not overindulge agian the way I have in the past.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:12 PM   #21  

Oh my gosh I totally can't believe it~ you had lymes too???? raises hand. I had a bad case a few years ago that cause neuro issue. Took months and months to treat it. I had another bout that needed more antibiotics last summer.

Sounds like your Dr gave you some great advice. I bet you will do ok with it. I'd think as long as your carbs are as unprocessed as possible they should digest slowly and not make you crave hopefully. Wouldn't step 2 of MM kind of fit the bill??? To be honest I only glanced through step 2. It seems lots of people do terrific with just eating whole healthy food without counting carbs or anything. That would likely be me first choice if to many crabs didn't push my bg up with me off the meds.

You are really doing terrific with the exercise!!!! Great job!!!!! I'm hoping dh gets home soon as I'm starving! LOL

Wow I didn't know vit d could get so low it causes issues. I'll remember to keep taking it!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #22  

That lyme disease is a nasty one isn't it? I had the largest rash anyone in this area had ever seen, not an honor I care to repeat. The rash was so large, it covered one shoulder blade and went half way down my back, that they missed the diagnosis for a couple of months. By that time I was having pain and loss of feeling in my right arm and I was so tired I could hardly stand to get up. Thankfully they figured it out and I haven't had any problems since then. Though I do still get tenderness in the spot where the rash started. Not sure if that is ghost pain or something I will have forever.
I can't tell you how important vit. d is. I had no clue until they told me I was really low and then I started researching. I was diagnosed bi-polar before I found the vit. d defficiency but since then I have gone off my meds and am not have any problems that I can't handle. I am not saying that it cured the bi-polar but it has certainly made it less servere. I know it is supposed to make weight loss easier but I am not sure of that. I don know that no other diet had worked in the last 5 or 6 years and the first one I tried after getting my vit. d up had been working. People with low vit. d are also at higher risk for a whole slew of cancers and it can cause balance and memory issues as we, women in particular, get older.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 184/184/154

Height: 5ft 1in

Hi Thinnerbyjuly

I've just started this diet, I'm in the UK and having problems finding some of the recommended foods and have no idea what might be good substitues, but I'm willing to spend hours in the supermarket reading lables!

Good luck
dragonriderofpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 226/226/160

Height: 5'6

Default I too an doing the MM just restarted Step 1 again

Hello Everyone

I am restarting Step 1 I was successful the first time i tried it ( lost 10 lbs). But then I fell off the wagon and hit my head LOL

KT I was wondering if the ab circle works?

I found a lowcarb grocery store here in Canada that has some neat products
I love the pita with PB on it.

Good luck everyone and I look forward to chatting with you

Mary Ann
knobby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 235/234/190

Height: 5'6''

I just started is there still anyone out there
norcalsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 213.5/213.5/160

Height: 5'9

Default Plump Chick here!

Hi Everyone,
I am new. I have been on and off this program the last two weeks. I only cheated twice Christmas dinner and New years dinner, but am back on track. I had planned the cheating and knew before I started. I thought it would be good to get on the program to get me through the holidays without gaining! And I achieved that!
I am looking for support, and love to share ideas. I read a great recipe for cauliflower pizza, just google Dr. Oz cauliflower pizza and it will pop up.
Heres to making this the year that gets us the success we are willing to work for!
plumpchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #27  

Default metabolism miracle

hi plumpchick
how are you doing on this plan? it is wonderful and it works~
leelee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #28  

I just ordered the book and am anxiously awaiting its arrival to start.
tego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #29  

Hi MM ladies,
I'm new to this forum, but I was on Met Miracle a year ago and lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks. Got sidetracked by life yet again but am starting again tomorrow. Have another 60 to go. Wish everyone luck!!
happyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #30  

Talking Best of Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappy View Post
Hi MM ladies,
I'm new to this forum, but I was on Met Miracle a year ago and lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks. Got sidetracked by life yet again but am starting again tomorrow. Have another 60 to go. Wish everyone luck!!
I am starting Feb 1. It will take a year to lose all I need to lose. I hope it is only a year.
Best of luck to us both... I am sure we will be supporting each other here.
tego is offline   Reply With Quote